PDA

View Full Version : Misc Flu Season.

C22H19N3O4
10-19-2005, 01:28 AM
Since flu season is among us I'm sure most of you will be seeking shots. Keep in mind that people at high risk for complications from the flu will be given priority:

-People 65 years and older;
-People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities that house those with long-term illnesses;
-Adults and children 6 months and older with chronic heart or lung conditions, including asthma;
-Adults and children 6 months and older who needed regular medical care or were in a hospital during the previous year because of a metabolic disease (like diabetes), chronic kidney disease, or weakened immune system (including immune system problems caused by medicines or by infection with human immunodeficiency virus [HIV/AIDS]);
-Children 6 months to 18 years of age who are on long-term aspirin therapy. (Children given aspirin while they have influenza are at risk of Reye syndrome.);
-Women who will be pregnant during the influenza season;
-All children 6 to 23 months of age;
-People with any condition that can compromise respiratory function or the handling of respiratory secretions (that is, a condition that makes it hard to breathe or swallow, such as brain injury or disease, spinal cord injuries, seizure disorders, or other nerve or muscle disorders.)

This is only in effect until Oct 24th. After Oct. 24th everyone can receive a flu shot. Please keep in mind that a flu shot will NOT offer any protection from the avian flu. I know that many places will begin to offer flu shots today but only to high risk people. If you want to locate a place to get a flu shot click HERE (http://www.flucliniclocator.org/)

If you have family members at high risk please get them vaccinated.

99ITRGIRL
10-20-2005, 05:13 PM
yea im one. I hate those damn shots!!! I couldnt even move my arm few hrs after getting it done.