PDA

View Full Version : bs ticket for no tag (just bought car)

masonhenson
11-07-2009, 12:40 AM
got pulled over by johns creek about 30 minutes ago for no tag.. whatever i just bought the car i got the title right here..

he comes back with a ticket saying that my 10/28/09 looked like a 10/28/06...

please..

i had the insurance binder showing i insured it the morning of 10/29/09..

so i asked the officer if he really thought i had been driving with no tag and no insurance for 3 years...

so i got a ticket for no tag.. which im guessing is no registration.. when technically its still registered in the previous owners name till he turns the tag in or has it swapped.. which im sure it hasnt.. this is bullshit... any way to get the charge dropped.. i know if i get the tag by the court date all i will get is like a lessened fine or something but im on driving probation and if i plead guilty or nolo i lose my license.. and if i take a lessened fine its admitted guilt which = losing license.. the charge actually has to be dropped..

what do i do?

tdurr
11-07-2009, 12:41 AM
get the cops addy, and shank his ass.
:ninja:

Sunkenkarma
11-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Go to the court date, and tell the judge, usually they understand stuff like that.

slostang
11-07-2009, 12:52 AM
go to your court date and show the judge that your bill of sale and or title says 2009.

masonhenson
11-07-2009, 12:58 AM
think they will drop it or just offer a lessened fine... i can show them a bill of sale that says 2009 no problem, i wont have the title bc i have to turn it in to get the new one

Catnip
11-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Have a copy of the title made, magnified to 100x. Bring that to court.

Dylan
11-07-2009, 12:59 AM
just go to court and explain yourself..thats y i just ride around without a tag until i get one.

tdurr
11-07-2009, 01:04 AM
think they will drop it or just offer a lessened fine... i can show them a bill of sale that says 2009 no problem, i wont have the title bc i have to turn it in to get the new one

should be fine esp if u have insurance for it. more then likely if u have a lawyer ull get it dropped.

allout13
11-07-2009, 01:38 AM
http://www.ticketassassin.com/

tdurr
11-07-2009, 02:02 AM
http://www.ticketassassin.com/

fucking sweet. reps

Julio
11-07-2009, 05:40 AM
got pulled over by johns creek about 30 minutes ago for no tag.. whatever i just bought the car i got the title right here..

he comes back with a ticket saying that my 10/28/09 looked like a 10/28/06...

please..

i had the insurance binder showing i insured it the morning of 10/29/09..

so i asked the officer if he really thought i had been driving with no tag and no insurance for 3 years...

so i got a ticket for no tag.. which im guessing is no registration.. when technically its still registered in the previous owners name till he turns the tag in or has it swapped.. which im sure it hasnt.. this is bullshit... any way to get the charge dropped.. i know if i get the tag by the court date all i will get is like a lessened fine or something but im on driving probation and if i plead guilty or nolo i lose my license.. and if i take a lessened fine its admitted guilt which = losing license.. the charge actually has to be dropped..

what do i do?

Your sig is stupid.

quickdodgeŽ
11-07-2009, 07:30 AM
when technically its still registered in the previous owners name till he turns the tag in or has it swapped..

It's registered in his name until you get the title switched to your name. The previous owner has nothing to do with it. This is on you. He's out of the picture. Later, QD.

greasemunkey
11-07-2009, 07:40 AM
you have 30 days frm the time of purchase to tag the car. but in order to drive the car you must have insurance on the vehical, and carry the title/ bill of sale with you at all times. if you take it to court which is stupid that you even have to but it will be dropped hell i would call the traffic court to see the fee and explain t them the situation and ask if theres a way out of going to court.

Elbow
11-07-2009, 07:47 AM
I'd take it to court, show the judge the date, they could drop it if you prove you JUST bought it, but don't listen to me, I get charged with every dumb crime in the book to the maximum sentence.

David88vert
11-07-2009, 07:50 AM
You are in the legal right. You will need to take this to court and take evidence that you had insurance and just had bought the car. Supeona the previous owner if they don't drop it.

SLo_MKIII
11-07-2009, 08:00 AM
just happened to me last month. Prosecutor told me only way to drop it is to show proof that u dont own the car anymore or bring a copy of your current registration for a good tag /thread

B18c1Turboed
11-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Go register the car, On the new registration it will have Date Purchased. Take that too court with you and you should be fine. Also make a copy of the title before you transfer too your name.

Greddypacked
11-07-2009, 03:30 PM
GO TO COURT! Alot of times cops pick on young people that dont know the law very well. Go to court and show the judge your bill of sale, and get a new tag in the process. The cop shouldnt be able to ticket you if you just bought the car.

Jason..
11-07-2009, 05:14 PM
get the cops addy, and shank his ass.
:ninja:
reps

TougeGTR-33
11-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Just go to the court date and tell the judge. Ive been through this. it will be dismissed. just show him all your Registration papers and everything will be fine. sucks you have to deal with this now just because off an asshole cop. Good luck bro.

HundoŽ
11-07-2009, 06:38 PM
you needed a bill of sale. title and insurance don't matter nitwit. if you have a bill of sale proving date of purchase and the date the title was switched to your name, sh ow up to court and you'll get out of it.

show up with the bill of sale and title and it will be dismissed.

whatever you do, don't take advice from simon. he got a ticket similar to yours and paid the fine cuz the court said pay it or you'll be found guilty! didn't even present his case, like an imbecile.