PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Recommendations For Evo 8???

oleblue
11-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Need some advise on what clutch to get for a 2003 Evo 8. I have around 350awhp now and may do more to the car so I need one that will hold what I have and have some room to play with good drivability also because it's the daily driver.

I am having ZERO luck with clutches so far with the Evo, I have done replaced it 3 times within the past 6/8 months and do not want to do it anymore after this time. My budget is $600 so if any of you guy's that know's and has experience with these car's that know's of one that WILL hold up to my power and last PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks

civicturbo10
11-07-2009, 01:46 AM
for good streetability twin or triple disc is the way to go. Those things hold whatever you throw at it and there not much stiffer than stock, well at least the exedy twin disc i had. But cost is a limiting factor for you. I ended up having a custom spec clutch made for me at southbend for the MKIV. I told them what i wanted and the range of holding power i was looking for and made a decision from there. It is just a bit more than your target budget but well below twin disc territory. Call them and describe your situation.....GL. Custom clutch FTW.....

oleblue
11-07-2009, 09:33 AM
for good streetability twin or triple disc is the way to go. Those things hold whatever you throw at it and there not much stiffer than stock, well at least the exedy twin disc i had. But cost is a limiting factor for you. I ended up having a custom spec clutch made for me at southbend for the MKIV. I told them what i wanted and the range of holding power i was looking for and made a decision from there. It is just a bit more than your target budget but well below twin disc territory. Call them and describe your situation.....GL. Custom clutch FTW.....

Cool, I will hit them up to see what they can offer me.

Anyone else had any good experience with any other clutches that I should check out also that will hold my power level?

EmminoDaGreat
11-07-2009, 09:48 AM
I recommend you bring it to us :P

But for 600$ you wont really get a twin/triple etc. You can pick up a good exedy hiper single for a decent price, but I believe the only thing you'll get in that price range is act (which is good for 450ish wheel)

ZenMotors
11-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Need some advise on what clutch to get for a 2003 Evo 8. I have around 350awhp now and may do more to the car so I need one that will hold what I have and have some room to play with good drivability also because it's the daily driver.

I am having ZERO luck with clutches so far with the Evo, I have done replaced it 3 times within the past 6/8 months and do not want to do it anymore after this time. My budget is $600 so if any of you guy's that know's and has experience with these car's that know's of one that WILL hold up to my power and last PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks

Hey man,

We sell a lot of Clutches for evo's. I would go with a ACT Clutch. It would be less then $600.00 And I would go with the Heavy duty pressure plate.

Let me know if you want us to tackle the task for you. We are here for you!

Best regards,

froyotlbw88
11-07-2009, 07:08 PM
pics of the car???

oleblue
11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I recommend you bring it to us :P

But for 600$ you wont really get a twin/triple etc. You can pick up a good exedy hiper single for a decent price, but I believe the only thing you'll get in that price range is act (which is good for 450ish wheel)

We already have somewere that is going to do it. One of my good friends owns a transmission shop.

Me and Vance spoke to you the other night at the v-meet in my srt-4, the evo was there also I don't know if you seen it or not but on the way home from the v is when it went out and got stranded on the side of the freeway. It sucks

oleblue
11-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey man,

We sell a lot of Clutches for evo's. I would go with a ACT Clutch. It would be less then $600.00 And I would go with the Heavy duty pressure plate.

Let me know if you want us to tackle the task for you. We are here for you!

Best regards,

We will give you a shout also just to see what you can come up with for us. Thanks

oleblue
11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
pics of the car???

There is some pictures of it in the for sale section under Vancem3m3 name.