PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors Sight Question.........

DamnDisLaOsBoY
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I need some opinions here. Please no smart ass comments. Do you think it is pointless to put night sights on my Glock 23C? It is compensated and has some muzzle flash but isnt too bad IMO. I want to see if anyone had any experience with compensated pistol with night sights on there. Is it a big enough difference to buy some to put on?

go ahead with the comments now...

::UPDATE:: I just found a pretty good argument on it..

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62026

ahmonrah
11-06-2009, 06:57 PM
they have good points there dude.....but in any case, with my G21, i'm adding night sights, as i work at night and the overwhelming majority of what i do, in general, is at night. for me it's a no brainer.

*note* disregard everything i said, well not really, but my G21 IS NOT compensated, so i wont run into the same issues discussed in the forum you posted.......

patrick4588
11-06-2009, 07:54 PM
yeah i wouldnt have a compensated pistol for night defense. muzzle flash isnt that bad at the range, but if you are in a dark room that flash will nearly blind you temporarily. get another gun for defense.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
11-07-2009, 10:23 AM
yeah i wouldnt have a compensated pistol for night defense. muzzle flash isnt that bad at the range, but if you are in a dark room that flash will nearly blind you temporarily. get another gun for defense.

hmmm....i shot at night before it isnt too bad but then again some flashes are more than others. any more opinions?

Danny
11-07-2009, 11:07 AM
if night sights help you put shots on target than its worth the money to me, even if its only the first shot. If your blind and can no longer put shots on target after the first shot is fired than I think nights are the least of your worries.