PDA

View Full Version : anyone know the ticket or worse for driving with no tag.

Mad Mike
11-06-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm having some problem registering my 93 civic due to the NC stolen/recovered title I have. I've got a have GA inspection done but I can't get the car to run right. and theirs still a few issues that will cause it to fail.
I need to drive it to see if the problem is gone.

If I get pulled over with no tag on the car but have insurance on the car and proof of insurance in the car what will the punishment/ticket be?

I'm just trying to see if its even worth trying to fix it or if I should just part it out and junk it.
thanks

Halfwit
11-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm having some problem registering my 93 civic due to the NC stolen/recovered title I have. I've got a have GA inspection done but I can't get the car to run right. and theirs still a few issues that will cause it to fail.
I need to drive it to see if the problem is gone.

If I get pulled over with no tag on the car but have insurance on the car and proof of insurance in the car what will the punishment/ticket be?

I'm just trying to see if its even worth trying to fix it or if I should just part it out and junk it.
thanks
i had insurance on a car, and had no tag, but it wasnt registered.

got pulled over and the officer gave me a ticket for driving unregistered vehicle. like 115$ i think

Tech5
11-06-2009, 11:37 AM
depends on the leo

could impound your car, and fines up to 1000.00
but on a bill of sale you have 30 days until you are required to have a tag.But be ready to be pulled over 30 times a day

Mad Mike
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM
yea ran out of time on the 30 days. I think I'm just going to park it and start parting it out. I've spent more money on fixing than I payed for it already.

Tech5
11-06-2009, 11:42 AM
go to google and type in

Ga free bill of sale

and make you a new printed one and just sign it and ride on that until you get it fixed

JEpistons
11-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Last year I had a integra that wouldn't pass emmisions so I couldn't register it, but the tag office gave me like 5 papers saying that I can drive without a tag with the papers (if I got pulled over to show them it) and had 30 days with the papers. Drove around alittle over a month withOUT ANY tags lol. I got pulled over like 2 times in the month, and showed them the papers and it was alright. Did you go to the registration office and try to get a tag? OR ask them about the papers I had..

Mad Mike
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
the inspection I need is a safety inspection. The only way to register it is to have the inspection to get the tag.

silversol
11-06-2009, 06:26 PM
If its a salvage inspection which with a theft recovery it will be. Yes it will be inpounded if your are driveing it on the street! Is not legal for a salvage vehicle to be operated on ga roads! Get fixed what needs to be fixed and get it inspected! make sure its running right, check all the lights, make sure the horn works make sure all the lights in the dash go on and off like they should check engine,srs,abs, ect. I have a rebuilders licence let me know if you have any more questions.

Halfwit
11-06-2009, 06:33 PM
go to google and type in

Ga free bill of sale

and make you a new printed one and just sign it and ride on that until you get it fixed

no, i had done that. the car doesnt have to be registered in his name, but has to be registered to drive on the road. i bought a car that had been sitting for a while so hadnt been registered that year.. so even with insurance and BOS still got ticket.

Mad Mike
11-06-2009, 06:35 PM
All I have left to fix is to put he stock springs back on it. (Its slammed right now) I have to replace 2 lug studs, install a new O2 sensor and find a stock muffler(no muffler on it at all)

I fixed the low beams and the horn. I also put the seat belts back in for the back seats and checked both airbags to make sure they where there.

My problem right now is once it gets up to temp it idles really low and will stall when I come to a stop. It was doing it before I replaced the head due to a seized cam.

silversol
11-06-2009, 06:38 PM
All I have left to fix is to put he stock springs back on it. (Its slammed right now) I have to replace 2 lug studs, install a new O2 sensor and find a stock muffler(no muffler on it at all)

I fixed the low beams and the horn. I also put the seat belts back in for the back seats and checked both airbags to make sure they where there.

My problem right now is once it gets up to temp it idles really low and will stall when Ito a stop. It was doing it before I replaced the head due to a seized cam.

Is the srs light working? does it come on and go out like it should? Is the cel on? Yes make sure you fix the lug studs

Mad Mike
11-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I'll have to check the srs light. the cel light is on and its the code for the primary O2 heater.

edit: the SRS light works. It comes on and then goes off.

Tech5
11-06-2009, 08:03 PM
no, i had done that. the car doesnt have to be registered in his name, but has to be registered to drive on the road. i bought a car that had been sitting for a while so hadnt been registered that year.. so even with insurance and BOS still got ticket.

Well yeah in that case... but if it was registered in that year your fine