PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors New to me PT92

ranger250x
11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Found this sitting in the gun store next to my work for $200

Plans are to clean it up a little bit, Houge wrap around grips, mabey a new barrel down thre road with some neat little threads on the end.

Danny
11-05-2009, 03:32 PM
really cool gun man. But pleaseeee dont put wrap around grips on there. A set of smooth cocobola wood grips similar to whats on there would be money. hell you could even try restoring the wood grips on there, that would be sweet.

ranger250x
11-05-2009, 04:22 PM
anything wrong with wrap around grips? I am just not a fan of wood grips. I think the 96 "Brigadier"(sp?) comes with wrap around grips and that was a very comfy gun to handle

Danny
11-05-2009, 05:10 PM
i have found alot of times (especially with 1911 houge wrap arounds) that they seperate your fingers and force you to have a particular grip. Neither being a good thing imo.

Also, the looks are especially awful most of the time.

But then again i dont like my gun grips comfy. I like them functional and grippy as hell.

But like most things: to each thier own. Ill google houge grips for the pt92 and see what they look like.

Danny
11-09-2009, 05:00 PM
You should consider stainless or graphite black cerakote with nitre blued pins, screws and some other small accents. That could be pretty sweet. Just a thought.

I am thinking about ordering some nitre blue to do some of my screws and pins with. Just an idea :D

ranger250x
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
well i got the grips for a beretta 92(since houge doesnt make wraparound for a pt92) had to hack them up a little but for 24 bucks i cant complain. i will post pics as soon as i can get my camera back. the grips are awesome. makes for a more natural point of aim. definately wouldn't want them on the 1911 though. mabey some alumagrips for that.

ranger250x
11-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Took it to the range yesterday and I am happy to say not a single hick-up. only thing is....ITS NOT ACCURATE AT ALL! Mabey i need to just give it some more practice, but it seemed like it was all over the place. Oh well cant complain too much for 200 dollars. mabey a new barrel is a good idea now.

Danny
11-15-2009, 02:14 PM
glad to hear it runs for ya! Typically you want to look at technique before the gun in terms of accuracy. Does the barrel lock up tightly, no movement when in battery?

ranger250x
11-15-2009, 09:51 PM
the barrel has some slight movement, but after doing some research pt92 and beretta m92/M9's have a little bit of play from the factory anyways. One thing i didnt do before shooting the pistol was to give the barrel a good cleaning. I'm still going to give it a few more tries to see if its me or the guns thats not accurate. I"m not the best when it comes to pistols and never have been, but my sight picture was the same for most of my shots and the rounds were all over the place. my 1911 is not like that...... then again we all know 1911's are the best! lol

ranger250x
11-18-2009, 03:57 PM
UPDATE: New grips....