PDA

View Full Version : IA softball game

CeOTiO8
11-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Thinking about having a softball game/get together... There's a great field on Bells Ferry( I think that's the name). It's an open park, A LOT of parking for all... :cheers:

What you guys think...

Go? r NO:thinking:

Ok. Let's get this list going

1.CeOTiO8

DB4LYFE ™
11-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Doesnt tht park have hella speedbumps?

~DB4LYFE

j0nbunklah0m
11-05-2009, 01:56 PM
how bout football or soccer :)

AnthonyF
11-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Where's bells ferry?

some1 will get pissed in football and there are plenty of IA soccer things.

Im down for a softball thing.

-Ant.

quickdodge®
11-05-2009, 02:02 PM

~DB4LYFE

I doubt the game would be played in the parking lot, though. Later, QD.

GaGen2Teg
11-05-2009, 02:09 PM
IA indoor basketball game! its getting too cold for softball

DB4LYFE ™
11-05-2009, 02:10 PM

O i forgot sky jackers still post! :ninja:

~DB4LYFE

amandDA
11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
:lmfao:

Njobe
11-05-2009, 02:15 PM
lol

i'm game for that... there are nice courts up on 400 exit 14 :D

AnthonyF
11-05-2009, 02:21 PM

but it will be only 10 people playing. That's no fun.

-Ant.

Njobe
11-05-2009, 02:22 PM
but it will be only 10 people playing. That's no fun.

-Ant.
there are about 7 full courts up on 400 and when i went couple weeks ago only one court was occupied

AnthonyF
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
there are about 7 full courts up on 400 and when i went couple weeks ago only one court was occupied

Yeah, but we want more interaction between people who don't know each other than grouping up with friends and what not.

-Ant.

edit-dont get me wrong, i'll be down for it. I'm just south of where u speak.

Njobe
11-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah, but we want more interaction between people who don't know each other than grouping up with friends and what not.

-Ant.

edit-dont get me wrong, i'll be down for it. I'm just south of where u speak.
i understand but we don't have to play with friends... we can group with people we don't know and do that every week till we meet each other... or something like that

sogood
11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Use an actual baseball and I'm down, fuck-a softball.

I'm down for basketball, too.

civic gsr
11-05-2009, 02:38 PM
im down but when ????

Njobe
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
im down but when ????
i usually go on mondays to play basketball after work up on 400 but i haven't in a while

x Resilience
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Soccer > all.

quickdodge®
11-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Soccer > all.

And I'm much better than you at it, lolol. Really. Later, QD.

00CelicaGT
11-05-2009, 03:54 PM

x2:goodjob:

i just blew the dust off my Catcher's equipment the other day when i found it in the garage.

push come to shove i'd still play softball but i dnt have any equipment for that. ive played baseball my whole life and have played catcher and 2nd base the whole time. so needless to say all i have is catcher's mitts and an 11&3/4" glove from when i played 2nd base.

AnthonyF
11-05-2009, 04:01 PM
x2:goodjob:

i just blew the dust off my Catcher's equipment the other day when i found it in the garage.

push come to shove i'd still play softball but i dnt have any equipment for that. ive played baseball my whole life and have played catcher and 2nd base the whole time. so needless to say all i have is catcher's mitts and an 11&3/4" glove from when i played 2nd base.

I'm with this guy. Played every position BUT catcher. Couldn't deal with it.

But the problem is, we'll need helmets, and it wont be as "fun".

I was about to go up this weekend and get my old equipment also. I miss it.

-Ant.

jcs
11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
this is no offense to anyone....but i actually play college baseball and i would be scared to play baseball or softball if females plan on playin,i have actually hurt someone not meaning to but it did happen and she ended up stayin the night in the hospital..once again no offense

jcs
11-05-2009, 04:12 PM
the doctor said the only thing she said is that a asprin tablet hit her in the head

allout13
11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
baseball, softball, baskteball...I'd be down for any of it pending the date/time

Lankhoss
11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm down for baseball. Hell, I'd even be down for overhand fast pitch.

My arm is FUCKED UP.....but I can go ahead and finish it off with some pitching if I need to lol

jcs
11-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm down for baseball. Hell, I'd even be down for overhand fast pitch.

My arm is FUCKED UP.....but I can go ahead and finish it off with some pitching if I need to lol

i said the same until i had a full right shoulder reconstructiuon...:cheers:

allout13
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM

sounds expen$ive

x Resilience
11-05-2009, 04:37 PM
And I'm much better than you at it, lolol. Really. Later, QD.

Yeah, I think we should do soccer. I heard it was done before, couple time before I got on here.

Plus 25% is Hispanic so we would have a nice turnout.

quickdodge®
11-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I think we should do soccer. I heard it was done before, couple time before I got on here.

Plus 25% is Hispanic so we would have a nice turnout.

We have done about 5-6 games in the past. Up off Sugarloaf. I always won. Later, QD.

jcs
11-05-2009, 04:48 PM
sounds expen$ive

no doubt....glad the parents had insurance,its actually the reason i got medical redshirted..:yes:

Lankhoss
11-05-2009, 04:57 PM

I used to pitch and play center field when I was a kid...most of my young life actually. I threw VERY hard, and threw overhand. My legs are really weak, so most of the stress was directly on my shoulder.

A couple years after I stopped playing, I noticed a VERY BAD pain that ran through the center of my shoulder if I did certain actions (such as throwing, reaching behind a car seat to grab something, military press workout, etc). I tried out for a baseball league a couple of years ago and finally decided to go to a doctor for it, and it turns out I have impingement (sp). I have really knobby collar bone where it connects to my shoulders, and so the bottom side of the bone is shaped the same way and pushes against all of the tendons around the rotator cuff. It sucks, but....oh well!! ha ha

jcs
11-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I used to pitch and play center field when I was a kid...most of my young life actually. I threw VERY hard, and threw overhand. My legs are really weak, so most of the stress was directly on my shoulder.

A couple years after I stopped playing, I noticed a VERY BAD pain that ran through the center of my shoulder if I did certain actions (such as throwing, reaching behind a car seat to grab something, military press workout, etc). I tried out for a baseball league a couple of years ago and finally decided to go to a doctor for it, and it turns out I have impingement (sp). I have really knobby collar bone where it connects to my shoulders, and so the bottom side of the bone is shaped the same way and pushes against all of the tendons around the rotator cuff. It sucks, but....oh well!! ha ha

man i was the same way but i was taught to use all of my body to throw and the workouts are crazy....so when i got moved from third to right field i started to use crow hop and could get a lot more on the ball...i actually topped out high 80s and hit 90 once...then when i was playin at darton college i went for a throw from right to third i lost my footing on my crow hop and it was all arm....and it fucked everything up.i tore everything,bicep tendon,labrum,and rotator cuff.

i went to pt and its helped a bunch back to mid 80s so i would recommend you to go to pt,it might suck but it helps so much:yes:

sogood
11-05-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm with this guy. Played every position BUT catcher. Couldn't deal with it.

But the problem is, we'll need helmets, and it wont be as "fun".

I was about to go up this weekend and get my old equipment also. I miss it.

-Ant.

I still have a helmet laying around in the basement, but if anyone has a fatass head then it more than likely wouldn't fit them... lol. I have my old 32/29 bat that anyone could use if they'd like, too.

If people really want to play actual baseball I'm down, I haven't played in a while but I pitched and played outfield in HS and was throwing just shy of 80 when I was a freshman and sophomore (14/15 and I'm not/wasn't a big kid by any means). I wish I still really played :(

Njobe
11-05-2009, 08:22 PM
We have done about 5-6 games in the past. Up off Sugarloaf. I always won. Later, QD.
i'm probably the only european that can't play soccer worth shit lol... my genes went towards basketball :D

ItsBlack
11-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Flag football, that way I wont hurt anybody ;)

bookthief
11-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Oooooo flag football is so fun!

Why don't ya'll just play dodgeball?

Njobe
11-05-2009, 09:11 PM
5 d's to dodgeball... anyone? lol

allout13
11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I still have a helmet laying around in the basement, but if anyone has a fatass head then it more than likely wouldn't fit them... lol. I have my old 32/29 bat that anyone could use if they'd like, too.

If people really want to play actual baseball I'm down, I haven't played in a while but I pitched and played outfield in HS and was throwing just shy of 80 when I was a freshman and sophomore (14/15 and I'm not/wasn't a big kid by any means). I wish I still really played :(

Ive got some equipment laying around too. a couple helmets, a couple sets of catchers equipment, quite a few bats (metal and wood), a few gloves, cleats etc. Im definitely down for some baseball, and Hobgood would be a great place to play at.
The only problem is finding 18 people to play

jcs
11-05-2009, 09:22 PM
5 d's to dodgeball... anyone? lol

:dodge
:dip
:dive
:duck
:dodge

quickdodge®
11-05-2009, 09:40 PM
i'm probably the only european that can't play soccer worth shit lol... my genes went towards basketball :D

Played them both regularly. Played basketball for 5 years (recreation). Even made the first cut for the Georgia State University b-ball team back in 1989. Played soccer for 13 years growing up. Later, QD.

DB4LYFE ™
11-05-2009, 10:06 PM
one day ill meet ur ass QD.

i heard u went to the nopi at mainstream, i missed ya.

Or yet, one day ull get lucky enough to meet me! ;)

~DB4LYFE

quickdodge®
11-05-2009, 10:09 PM
one day ill meet ur ass QD.

i heard u went to the nopi at mainstream, i missed ya.

I went to IA TFS. Lolol. Later, QD.

DB4LYFE ™
11-05-2009, 10:10 PM
I went to IA TFS. Lolol. Later, QD.

yea that thang.. i heard u were doin autographs and i :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

~DB4LYFE

amandDA
11-05-2009, 10:11 PM

~DB4LYFE
damn i didnt get one:(

quickdodge®
11-05-2009, 10:12 PM

~DB4LYFE

Hehehe. I do what I can for the people. I wasn't expecting a loudspeaker announcement of my presence at the show, lolol. Later, QD.

DB4LYFE ™
11-05-2009, 10:15 PM
lol!!

~DB4LYFE

AirMax95
11-06-2009, 09:13 AM

I'm down for basketball, too.

I concur....

Njobe
11-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Played them both regularly. Played basketball for 5 years (recreation). Even made the first cut for the Georgia State University b-ball team back in 1989. Played soccer for 13 years growing up. Later, QD.
not bad, not bad at all... you still want to play basketball?

quickdodge®
11-06-2009, 09:22 AM
. you still want to play basketball?

I shoot every day here in my driveway. Later, QD.

Njobe
11-06-2009, 09:34 AM
I shoot every day here in my driveway. Later, QD.
i ment at the place on 400... idk where you live, if it's too far away for you or not.

p.s. my 2,000 post lol :cheers:

darkshadow
11-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Thinking about having a softball game/get together... There's a great field on Bells Ferry( I think that's the name). It's an open park, A LOT of parking for all... :cheers:

1.CeOTiO8

I think the park your talking about could be hopGood or hoobgood not sure how its spelled At bellsferry and Townlake parkway REALLY Really Big place and field for just about any sport

CeOTiO8
11-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Who ever is down let me know so I can put your name on the list....
Going to the park today to see whta's up
But thinking about throwing it on the 21st or 22nd of this month
IF THEY STILL HAVE THE NO DRINKING RULE IN PLAY I WILL FIND ANOTHER PARK

If there is any problems with the date...... Then post some up

CeOTiO8
11-06-2009, 09:42 AM

~DB4LYFE

I think the park your talking about could be hopGood or hoobgood not sure how its spelled At bellsferry and Townlake parkway REALLY Really Big place and field for just about any sport

Yea it's like right before Barret Parkway (misspell i think lol):bump:

RandomGuy
11-06-2009, 09:49 AM
softball? thats gay man

yall need to play some RANDOM ass sport, like fucking team handball or squash,... maybe even cricket

Shit that no one's used to so we're all at the same level lol

or even get old school with it and just play a giant badass game of wallball like in elementary school... .LOL

quickdodge®
11-06-2009, 09:54 AM
IF THEY STILL HAVE THE NO DRINKING RULE IN PLAY I WILL FIND ANOTHER PARK

Why? Later, QD.

CeOTiO8
11-06-2009, 09:54 AM
softball? thats gay man

yall need to play some RANDOM ass sport, like fucking team handball or squash,... maybe even cricket

Shit that no one's used to so we're all at the same level lol

or even get old school with it and just play a giant badass game of wallball like in elementary school... .LOL

lol... I see why your name is RandomGuy now :cheers:....

CeOTiO8
11-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Why? Later, QD.

No reason... The guy said all parks out here have that rule lol.... So it don't matter..... But I gotta call the park back on Monday to get a date:goodjob:

quickdodge®
11-06-2009, 09:58 AM
No reason... The guy said all parks out here have that rule lol.... So it don't matter..... But I gotta call the park back on Monday to get a date:goodjob:

That's a good rule. Why have everyone out there drinking all afternoon then they have to leave and drive? I guess I'm out, then. Later, QD.

CeOTiO8
11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
That's a good rule. Why have everyone out there drinking all afternoon then they have to leave and drive? I guess I'm out, then. Later, QD.

That is true.... You make a great point... But I was thinking about the people that wanna just watch the game and chill... But yea good point :goodjob:

allout13
11-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Ill be there if its in the afternoon on the 21st.
Hobgood works great for me

RandomGuy
11-06-2009, 10:02 AM
yall can do the sports part... and then from there either do a winter grill out, or head to a local bar/grill... etc

that way after a long day of playin sports you can meet/greet/eat at another spot while grillin /chillin

lots of parks have those pavilions too

quickdodge®
11-06-2009, 10:06 AM
yall can do the sports part... and then from there either do a winter grill out, or head to a local bar/grill... etc

that way after a long day of playin sports you can meet/greet/eat at another spot while grillin /chillin

That's a good idea. Later, QD.

CeOTiO8
11-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Ill be there if its in the afternoon on the 21st.
Hobgood works great for me
Yea hopefully I can get that date tho...

lots of parks have those pavilions too

Wait I see what you mean.... Like a IA day together lol

CeOTiO8
11-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I will put a set date no later than Monday....
Would people have equipment or gotta get rentals?

sogood
11-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Depends on what sport(s) we're talking. If people are down with baseball I have a bat and helmet that people can use.

RandomGuy
11-06-2009, 10:46 AM
lol i'm not gonna be there I'm just throwing in ideas for yall...

yall should arrange teams according to race/ethnicity too.... would thicken the plot

RandomGuy
11-06-2009, 10:46 AM
edit: i got 50 bux on the black team in any sport yall play lol

Njobe
11-06-2009, 10:52 AM
edit: i got 50 bux on the black team in any sport yall play lol
lol hahahaha :lmfao:

DirtyMechanic
11-06-2009, 10:53 AM
kickball + cookout /thread

RandomGuy
11-06-2009, 10:59 AM