PDA

View Full Version : 03 stratus help

ducky1177
11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
so my mom drives a 03 stratus. for the past couple of weeks, the car has been jerking while acceleration. like it is hessitating. it is an auto but trans and motor oil is fine. the engine light has been on and so we hooked it up at advanced. it said cylinder 4 was misfiring. when we changed the plugs, there was some oil on the 4th plug. i was thinking piston rings?
lmk guys
:goodjob:

Barefoot
11-05-2009, 07:05 PM
so my mom drives a 03 stratus. for the past couple of weeks, the car has been jerking while acceleration. like it is hessitating. it is an auto but trans and motor oil is fine. the engine light has been on and so we hooked it up at advanced. it said cylinder 4 was misfiring. when we changed the plugs, there was some oil on the 4th plug. i was thinking piston rings?
lmk guys
:goodjob:tube seal

Tech5
11-05-2009, 07:10 PM
change the spark plug install new valve cover gasket set with tube seals, but the oil isnt from the motor it got on the plug when you pulled it out. your plug wire should have little oil on it too.

if the plug doesnt fix it, compression check and check the wires also

best of luck

turbob20
11-06-2009, 02:50 AM
also the oil will cause a misire while grounding in the oil that leaked from the valve cover into the plug tube.