PDA

View Full Version : National debt...

MachNU
11-04-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28586.html

Curious as to what most dems will say about this. Wasnt one of Obama's campign platforms, lowering the national debt, yet he has spent more money in 8 months than more have in 1 full term? Now he is pushing to raise the national debt cap, that currently is $13 trillion, to even more so this national doesnt "default" on itself?

Verik
11-04-2009, 11:15 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28586.html

Curious as to what most dems will say about this. Wasnt one of Obama's campign platforms, lowering the national debt, yet he has spent more money in 8 months than more have in 1 full term? Now he is pushing to raise the national debt cap, that currently is $13 trillion, to even more so this national doesnt "default" on itself?

When the dollar crashes, im making sure i dont crash with it... thank god for longs on the euro.

on a serious note, he claimed to cute the national deficit (different from debt, just clarifying) in half by the end of his term. The funny ass thing that no one thinks about... is well, if he triples the national deficit during the 3 years up to that last year of his term, cutting it in half just means bringing it down to where its at now. I imagine obama would try a play on words or smth to defend his actions.

bu villain
11-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Although I don't consider myself a democrat, I voted for Obama but I do think spending is out of control. Unfortunately, I felt the same way with the Republicans in the white house as well. Its just a choice between spending it here or abroad. Neither party is really fiscally conservative.

Verik
11-05-2009, 04:08 PM
i dont think you can compare obama's level of spending in one year to even that of the entire term of the last president. what are we at now? a 1.3 trill defecit?

BanginJimmy
11-05-2009, 07:20 PM
The deficit will be larger next year as Obama is doing nothing more than spending. Top tax rate will top 50% when the Bush cuts expire. Then they will add in an extra 5.4% for healthcare, on top of the increased taxes on everyone for energy and industrial goods.

RedEj8
11-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Not to mention Obama will have spent more in this first year as president that Bush did during his entire 8 years in office..

bu villain
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
As I said before I think both parties spent way too much...but to be fair to Obama I don't think he is gonna pass another trillion+ dollar health care bill next year, nor a trillion dollar bailout next year either. He claimed he would get us out of Iraq, which would save a lot of money, but so far haven't seen much on that.

S2KJD
11-06-2009, 01:58 PM
generations to come are screwed...

MachNU
11-06-2009, 07:41 PM
As I said before I think both parties spent way too much...but to be fair to Obama I don't think he is gonna pass another trillion+ dollar health care bill next year, nor a trillion dollar bailout next year either. He claimed he would get us out of Iraq, which would save a lot of money, but so far haven't seen much on that.

No no no no. Obama is ending Bushes war in Iraq. But again when he opens his mouth he is either hiding or lying! He is ending the war in Iraq, and just moving it into Afganastan.

BanginJimmy
11-07-2009, 10:39 AM

If them dems can get the bills through congress Obama will sign them in an instant.

If the health care bill doesnt get through congress before campaign season it wont go anywhere. No one that is up for re-election this year really wants to support it because of the massive opposition for it. People know govt cannot efficiently run anything so they dont want govt anywhere near their health care.