PDA

View Full Version : Love it or hate it. <single pic>

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Despite everyone's advice I went with the two tone. I know there is going to be a lot of people who don't like it (probably the majority), but I wanted something different :)

I personally love it... don't mind having a car that screams look at me for a weekend driver :ninja:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x277/boostplz/iPhoneUpload-15.jpg

Nerdsrock22
11-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I think I would like it more if it didn't have the black on the sides.

But overall not bad, it needs better pics.

Marta Mike
11-03-2009, 06:56 PM
hate it

antiv6
11-03-2009, 06:56 PM
that pic blows get another angle from the front

VQ35 Star
11-03-2009, 06:57 PM
it's def. different. but why did you angle the black all the way towards the fender?

have any front shots?

goi_ek
11-03-2009, 06:58 PM
:slap:

zspeed24
11-03-2009, 06:58 PM
looks good

NewGen33
11-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Not a fan but if executed well it could change my opinion.

punkr6
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
coming from you, its not a big surprise. you've been pretty constant in making it look worse...

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
lol guys! The reason there is no pics from the front is because the shop lost the Nissan emblem for the front and had to re order a new one. Also fucked up the install on the driver side Z emblem and it fell off somewhere on the highway... swirl marks, and even burn in some places. So it will be going back to the shop for an extended period of time once my white car is fixed and can afford to be without it for a while...

I will for sure get better pics when it's all done, just wanted to give you guys a peak at what is coming

antiv6
11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
while its there have them finish painting it black:D

Nerdsrock22
shop lost the Nissan emblem for the front and had to re order a new one. Also fucked up the install on the driver side Z emblem and it fell off somewhere on the highway... swirl marks, and even burn in some places.

And you are taking it back to the same shop? :screwy:

punkr6

:goodjob: x2...

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 07:04 PM
:lmfao:

I do like black, but I really want something one of a kind and different.

GSRteg®
11-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Its alright if you gave it to me id drive it.

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 07:05 PM
And you are taking it back to the same shop? :screwy:
I know dude...but really they did me a favor in painting the whole car seeing as how it was just the rear end that was damaged. I've seen a lot of his work, and have faith...just gotta ride them a bit. Plus, no funds to take it elsewhere :)

And lol @ punkr6 posting in my thread...you've been on my ignore list for a loooong time buddy :lmfao:

SLo_MKIII
11-03-2009, 07:05 PM
why would you ever waste your time and money ruining a very nice car?

punkr6
11-03-2009, 07:06 PM

too late...

VQ35 Star
11-03-2009, 07:06 PM
i'm trying to like it. maybe some different wheels or paint your wheels all black?

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 07:08 PM

:)

Because I have the money to afford to risk fucking it up in an effort to be one of a kind. I like it, appreciate your opinion! Not everyone is bound to like it

i'm trying to like it. maybe some different wheels or paint your wheels all black?

I think if you saw it in person I think you would like it. You might not love it, but I think you'll like it. And I've been toying with the idea of going with some black rims too

SLo_MKIII
11-03-2009, 07:12 PM

Because I have the money to afford to risk fucking it up in an effort to be one of a kind. I like it, appreciate your opinion! Not everyone is bound to like it

I think if you saw it in person I think you would like it. You might not love it, but I think you'll like it. And I've been toying with the idea of going with some black rims too

reps for not taking it to heart like the other 98% of IA

VQ35 Star
11-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I really just want to see how they tied the black in on the front. is it the whole hood to haf of the bumper top?

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 07:17 PM
reps for not taking it to heart like the other 98% of IA

When you do something as drastic as this...gotta expect people to hate it. I do honestly love it though :)

I really just want to see how they tied the black in on the front. is it the whole hood to haf of the bumper top?

I went to the garage to snap a pic to send you...but the car is outside. And...I'm too lazy to go outside

The bumper is fully blue, I'll get a pic to you tomorrow in the daylight.

Rush-In
11-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Youre an idiot.

punkr6
11-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Youre an idiot.

I will rep you as soon as I can....:ninja:

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Youre an idiot.
You're 19.

Just saying. The apostrophe in you're, see what I did there?

lanning
11-03-2009, 07:34 PM
glad you got it fixed after the wreck, i wanna see some more pictures tho

5thgcelica
11-03-2009, 07:49 PM
did you take that to yellow river?

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 07:50 PM
glad you got it fixed after the wreck, i wanna see some more pictures tho

Thanks dude! I'll definitely get tons of pics when it's all finished!

did you take that to yellow river?

Yeah man, it's been there. And don't get me wrong! They hooked me up and did an awesome job! Just minor things that need attention...but overall he did me a favor

Dirty Octopus™
11-03-2009, 07:52 PM
should have just left the top black and not go down on the door on to the fenders. thats what killed it.

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 07:53 PM
should have just left the top black and not go down on the door on to the fenders. thats what killed it.
Ah but see I wanted to keep an agressive stance with it, and it I did that it would have looked flat imo

I think you'll see what I'm talking about better when I get more pics!

5thgcelica
11-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah man, it's been there. And don't get me wrong! They hooked me up and did an awesome job! Just minor things that need attention...but overall he did me a favor

gotcha.. i used to work there.

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 07:56 PM
gotcha.. i used to work there.
That's cool, Eddie is the man.

I realized my post sounded negative earlier, I didn't mean to come off that way this has just been a slow moving project :). He really did do me a big favor, and a great job

oneSLOWex
11-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Not trying to be a dick....but I like it better when I close my eyes.

Sorry

cleanion31
11-03-2009, 08:08 PM
i like it man its different and original nice Z man

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 08:08 PM

Sorry
I feel your sentiment, but also see a failure at trying to make a funny.

i like it man its different and original nice Z man
Thanks dude!

oneSLOWex
11-03-2009, 08:10 PM
I feel your sentiment, but also see a failure at trying to make a funny.

Thanks dude!

LOL not trying to be funny....just being honest. I really closed my eyes.

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 08:17 PM
LOL not trying to be funny....just being honest. I really closed my eyes.
That's cool dude.

I knew I was going to get a lot of people not feeling it cuz when I blacked out the lights EVERYBODY hated that.

CasadeWaffle
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
would look better if you kept the hatch, roof and hood black instead of having it extend to the sides and fenders etc...but you accomplished what you were going for so congrats

5speed
11-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I like it, Reps for being different and not giving a shit about haterz:goodjob:

oneSLOWex
11-03-2009, 08:34 PM
That's cool dude.

I knew I was going to get a lot of people not feeling it cuz when I blacked out the lights EVERYBODY hated that.

now THAT i do like :goodjob: i dunno why but I have always liked blacked out lights

singhondeck
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
it screams riiiiiiiiiiiice...ahhhhhhhhhh

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I like it, Reps for being different and not giving a shit about haterz:goodjob:

Thanks man! It's funny, haters here...but nobody seems to hate irl. I had a car full of girls pull up next to me and tell me they were drooling over my car :boobies:

it screams riiiiiiiiiiiice...ahhhhhhhhhh

That, I can't really agree with. Civic + bodykit = rice. 350z with nice (whether you like it, it is well done) paint job is not rice.

collins
11-03-2009, 08:50 PM

And what car is that? All I see is a z33 :dunno:

m3dic8d
11-03-2009, 08:56 PM
And what car is that? All I see is a z33 :dunno:

You owned me.

Shift_2WIN
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM
I like it, its different, reps.

swollix
11-03-2009, 11:44 PM
coming from you, its not a big surprise. you've been pretty constant in making it look worse...

x2 [/THREAD]

Catnip
11-03-2009, 11:46 PM
The imaginary body line the black follows is awesome, bro.

not really.

sprix!
11-04-2009, 12:14 AM
I hate it. It is certainly one of a kind though. I just hope you like it, because that is all that matters.

VQ35 Star
11-04-2009, 01:21 AM
i've been thinking, since you got such an aggressive looking paint scheme your gonna have to go with an aggressive looking kit, the nismo v2 wont be aggressive enough. hmmm oh and a nice slam, not drop SLAM HER! :D

87 Turbo II
11-04-2009, 01:23 AM
You and I have different taste. So I'll keep all my negative comments at bay.

If you like it though, then good job, I am happy you have the opportunity/funding/resources to rock what you want.

speedminded
11-04-2009, 03:37 AM
Thanks man! It's funny, haters here...but nobody seems to hate irl. I had a car full of girls pull up next to me and tell me they were drooling over my car :boobies:

That, I can't really agree with. Civic + bodykit = rice. 350z with nice (whether you like it, it is well done) paint job is not rice.I went out with a girl that told me she was going to put "altezzas" on her car.

I dropped her off at her house.

Same would go for blacked out lights or a non-flowing paint scheme.

Despite everyone's advice I went with the two tone. I know there is going to be a lot of people who don't like it (probably the majority), but I wanted something different :)

I personally love it... don't mind having a car that screams look at me for a weekend driver :ninja:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x277/boostplz/iPhoneUpload-15.jpgYou mean, "laugh at me because 1989 wants it's paint scheme back"? But as long as you're happy about it!

osnap
11-04-2009, 08:16 AM

tr00f. dont like it, but as long as you do, cool.

Brian*
11-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Don't like it! But it's your car. I think you should have left the black on the roof, hatch, and hood... My $0.02

Brian*
11-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I went out with a girl that told me she was going to put "altezzas" on her car.

I dropped her off at her house.

Same would go for blacked out lights or a non-flowing paint scheme.

You mean, "laugh at me because 1989 wants it's paint scheme back"? But as long as you're happy about it!

Hey now... Whats wrong with my lights?

LMFMFAO...

m3dic8d
11-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Don't like it! But it's your car. I think you should have left the black on the roof, hatch, and hood... My $0.02
Eh, I've seen too many Z's doing that.

Thanks for all the comments guys :D

speedminded
11-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey now... Whats wrong with my lights?

LMFMFAO...Tinted lights look good, blacked out lights on anything that isn't black look retarded, IMHO of course. I can't wait to rear-end someone with anything on their taillights one day lol!

TougeGTR-33
11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
It looks okay, not too over done. I'd rock it!

wanggsticky
11-04-2009, 11:25 AM
:gay:,,,

Romeo
11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Plus, no funds to take it elsewhere :)

Because I have the money to afford to risk fucking it up in an effort to be one of a kind.
LOL. :lmfao:

josh42191
11-04-2009, 12:14 PM
:goodjob:reps for being diff. and taking neg. comments in stride!

Njobe
11-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Sorry
i'd have to agree there... it doesn't look good at all... but then again it is your car.

LOL. :lmfao:
damn you beat me to it... you caught on to that shit too huh lol

Rush-In
11-04-2009, 12:48 PM
You're 19.

Just saying. The apostrophe in you're, see what I did there?

I see it. I also see that it's a lot easier to add in that apostrophe and fix my mistake than it is to fix your ugly ass paint job.

TicketRedBB6
11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I like it. I think it looks better coming down the sides a little rather than just following the hood/trunk/roofline like most two tone paint jobs are.

PURP
11-04-2009, 02:59 PM
One of a kind?? Different??

I can get on NFS and paint all the the cars with that same design...

you made a drastic decision to make something different and honestly you just fucked it up.. Take a step back and give the car one more over-look and then honestly say its different and one of a kind. You'll realize that this has been done over and over and over again.

Now, I am one of the biggest people that is all about telling people to mod and build their car to their likings, but this was executed very poorly. Theirs a Scion Tc running around near me with the same 2 tone paint job, just a different color combo. It looks horrible, as does this. What the hell were you thinking?? If you wanted to be different, you should have bought a pinto, slapped a AWD setup and RB swapped it. that would be different.

Other than that, enjoy the car and have fun with it... :goodjob:

GirlieZ
11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
hmmm oh and a nice slam, not drop SLAM HER! :D

yes :evil grin: yes

collins
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM

You owned me.

Ownage wasn't even intended, really. Buuut take it as you will. I'll still send some green your way for being cool.

koukis14
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Needs 14 inch gold spoke wheels that stick out 6 inches past the fenders and a GTR badge. It would look 1,000,000 times better had you not painted the sides black. Even better would be black roof, carbon hood, carbon back hatch.

eraser4g63
11-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I am not sure how I feel about it. I don't dislike it but i would not do it too my own car.

xmike847x
11-04-2009, 08:22 PM
I think it looks bad ass! Sure is diffrent!

m3dic8d
11-04-2009, 10:25 PM
I see it. I also see that it's a lot easier to add in that apostrophe and fix my mistake than it is to fix your ugly ass paint job.

Man, I'm just getting owned in this thread. GJ buddy

I like it. I think it looks better coming down the sides a little rather than just following the hood/trunk/roofline like most two tone paint jobs are.

Thanks bro, that's what I was thinking...at first I wasn't gonna do two tone until I had the idea to go down with it a little.

I can get on NFS and paint all the the cars with that same design...

you made a drastic decision to make something different and honestly you just fucked it up.. Take a step back and give the car one more over-look and then honestly say its different and one of a kind. You'll realize that this has been done over and over and over again.

Now, I am one of the biggest people that is all about telling people to mod and build their car to their likings, but this was executed very poorly. Theirs a Scion Tc running around near me with the same 2 tone paint job, just a different color combo. It looks horrible, as does this. What the hell were you thinking?? If you wanted to be different, you should have bought a pinto, slapped a AWD setup and RB swapped it. that would be different.

I see a lot of words, but really you're not saying anything. You're trying to prove to me that my opinion is wrong? It's an opinion for a reason, I like it. You're not going to rationalize me into thinking differently... :lmfao:

"A" for effort though.

edit: Thanks for all the comments guys! Got a lot of laughs in on this thread, lol

Rush-In
11-04-2009, 10:41 PM
You know what, don't mind what I said. If you like then that's all that matters.

HachiDori
11-04-2009, 11:18 PM
There is difference in being different, and being gaugy & UGLY.

PURP
11-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I see a lot of words, but really you're not saying anything. You're trying to prove to me that my opinion is wrong? It's an opinion for a reason, I like it. You're not going to rationalize me into thinking differently... :lmfao:

"A" for effort though.

edit: Thanks for all the comments guys! Got a lot of laughs in on this thread, lol

aren't you just a cute one. I'm glad you can see the words and you're right, I didn't say anything, I typed it. Now, you must have missed the whole thing where I was talking about it being different and one of a kind. Please re-read it. I never said your opinion of you liking it was bad, I just said your words of one of a kind and different were wrong.

this is what I said:

Take a step back and give the car one more over-look and then honestly say its different and one of a kind. You'll realize that this has been done over and over and over again.

as you can see, This was the main parts of my post. And I don't think you're a good one to be giving out Grades....

m3dic8d
11-05-2009, 10:06 AM

Take a step back and give the car one more over-look and then honestly say its different and one of a kind. You'll realize that this has been done over and over and over again.

as you can see, This was the main parts of my post. And I don't think you're a good one to be giving out Grades....
You're right, I see two tone 350z's everywhere.

mocha latte cupcake
11-05-2009, 11:28 AM
solid line 2 tone maybe even a breaker line in the middle... :goodjob:

angular 2 tone with no dividing stripe :no:

sorry man, loved it all blue, not feelin the 2 tone

Dirty1
11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
i like it... its u r car ( do wat ever)

ueyedgr8tness
11-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow the value just went way down on this car i would say from 16k to some where near 8k I like the car in general but that paint is like some 1 getting a tat of there ex gf while there drunk and waking up the next morning hoping it was just a bad dream.But that shi* just got real......

I pray that u find the light soon before the rice gods take u to f&f hell

Jason..
11-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Looks like shit.

Sammich
11-05-2009, 12:12 PM
WHY DID U ANGLE IT..IT SHOULDA JUST FOLLOWED THE BODYLINE...IN ESSENCE..JUST THE TOP SHOULDA BEEN BLACK..OR FOLLOWEDT HE LINES OF THE TAILLIGHT...

HATE IT

m3dic8d
11-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Looks like shit.
You have a nice Z.

Thanks for the comments guys!

As for the value, the car is about to be paid for and I'm not really hurting... don't plan on selling it. Don't really care about the value, as long as I like it :)

Dr.G35
11-05-2009, 11:07 PM
not feeling it but ill wait until it is completely done to make a final decision.

m3dic8d
11-05-2009, 11:09 PM
not feeling it but ill wait until it is completely done to make a final decision.
ty :)

I have a lot more planned to it... I guess people just can't see the same vision, but that's what makes it mine I suppose. I like your G

I think more people will like it when I get more pics, with better angles. It really does look great in person... might just be me ;)

Dr.G35
11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
ty :)

I have a lot more planned to it... I guess people just can't see the same vision, but that's what makes it mine I suppose. I like your G

I think more people will like it when I get more pics, with better angles. It really does look great in person... might just be me ;)

Gracias! You'll have to bring it out to a V meet or a G/Z meet when it is done so we can see it in person!!

m3dic8d
11-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Gracias! You'll have to bring it out to a V meet or a G/Z meet when it is done so we can see it in person!!
For sure man, I really would like to go to a G/Z meet. I've always loved the cars... V meet, not so much my speed.

If I knew when the G/Z meets were I'd come! lol