PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my 7..

DVSRX-7
11-03-2009, 06:12 PM
i seriously dont know anything about carbs, and so this is were my problem begins. :thinking::no::cry::doh:

Eeveryone should know about my car now, but for the people that haven't heard of it and its setup then here goes, its a 87' RX7, rebuilt engine with some pretty strong internals (turbo ready engine), GSL-SE Lower intake manifold, Racing Beat upper intake manifold, Mikuni PHH 44mm side draft carburator, 1st gen RX7 carburator (low pressure) fuel pump, Holley Fuel Pressure Regulator.. and i think thats it, i cant think of anything more..

But either way, i need help, because i cant get the engine to start without having some manually choke it for me, and when it does start, it idles at 3k, sometimes 2k, when i push down on the gas pedal, it seems to be bogging/sucking in to much air which makes it cut off.. im not sure on what to do, so please someone come help me out, this message is for those who know how to wok on carb setups, dont want some dumbass NOOB mechanic to come and fuck my shit up, i have put to much money in it already to sell it or have someone fuck it up..

So please IA members help me out, i seriously miss driving my 7. So give me phone numbers, emails, addresses or whatever you have of people/shops who may be able to help me out with my little problem..

Thanks, Roger

P.S. here is a couple pics for those who may not know the car or setup..

David88vert
11-03-2009, 09:06 PM
You need to contact BadassRX-7 on rx7club.com
http://www.rx7club.com/member.php?u=805

Blitanicle99
11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Convert it back to a non carb setup?

I had an 86, quite a bit done. That SOB never had problems. I hate carbs so days... I like fuel injection.

Barefoot
11-04-2009, 10:48 AM

I had an 86, quite a bit done. That SOB never had problems. I hate carbs so days... I like fuel injection.efi ftw.... seriously i wish i could help yah. i havent touched a carb in over 2 years. an even then i wasnt 100% on what i was doing.

DVSRX-7
11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
You need to contact BadassRX-7 on rx7club.com
http://www.rx7club.com/member.php?u=805

thanks i just pm'd him.. :goodjob:

DVSRX-7
11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
:2up:

I had an 86, quite a bit done. That SOB never had problems. I hate carbs so days... I like fuel injection.

the only reason why i had to convert to carb was because of the injection, i was spending to much money on all new shit and it still wouldnt work right, so i ditched all that, and now im doing better with the carb setup than i was with injection, plus i wanted to something different with my engine, just cause everyone has the same shit, just a different car/owner, it started to feel like the "honda" world all over again lol i do miss injection though, but not right now, maybe for my next rx7 project..

DVSRX-7
11-04-2009, 12:04 PM
efi ftw.... seriously i wish i could help yah. i havent touched a carb in over 2 years. an even then i wasnt 100% on what i was doing.

lol im feeling the same way, i have a service manual for the carb and everything but i still dont know wtf im doing lol..

eraser4g63
11-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Call Rob at R&D Automotive.

DVSRX-7
11-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Call Rob at R&D Automotive.

will do bro, is he reasonable on prices?

DVSRX-7
11-04-2009, 06:06 PM
you have his number? lol

eraser4g63
11-04-2009, 07:07 PM
PM Sent,