PDA

View Full Version : college stuff got me down. stressful

Halfwit
11-03-2009, 05:49 PM
unemployment is paying for education, with stipulations.

can be completed in under 2+1/2 yrs.
under 15000$

that means an associates degree.

im trying to get associates in accounting.

i dont want to have to travel very far from home (ill be in stockbridge ga) but every school in the vicinity cant work.

ive dealt with soo many schools, every one is soo different.

westwood-doesnt offer what i need

devry- only offers online courses for accounting (for other reasons i cant do online, out of question)

strayer-wants over 30,000$ for 2yr associates degree.

american intercontinental university-price way out of league as well.

tomorrow i call clayton state, and dekalb technical college. probably griffin tech as well.

from what ive heard talking to various unemployment office workers, they say that dekalb tech is usually (for any 2 year degree) only 9000$ish before books. its further than id like, and hopefully clayton may have something to offer, but ive had such a stressful past 2 days trying to deal with finding something that fits my needs/oppurtunities.

i know all schools are different, but i dont see how some schools can be 25000$ more than another for the exact same degree.- all these schools are accredited, so all degrees will be useful.

§treet_§peed
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I;m glad your actually following thru with this Casey. I remember when you graduated high school you were like fuck going back fuck college lol.

Halfwit
11-03-2009, 06:18 PM
I;m glad your actually following thru with this Casey. I remember when you graduated high school you were like fuck going back fuck college lol.
3 years of working wasnt soo bad, but i just have to take this oppurtunity since its free.

Andy_013
11-03-2009, 06:52 PM
yea you can get an associates in accounting, but good luck getting a job in the accounting field. most employer are looking for someone with a bachelor.

Halfwit
11-03-2009, 06:58 PM
yea you can get an associates in accounting, but good luck getting a job in the accounting field. most employer are looking for someone with a bachelor.

blah blah blah

its free education, and better than having no degree

Andy_013
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
blah blah blah

true true

I'm just saying cause I have an associates in accounting and can't find any job.

Halfwit
11-03-2009, 07:05 PM
well i plan to do that, and be bilengual (spanish/english)

get in at a bank, then they will pay for higher edu, and ill get bachelor, then start to climb ladder

§treet_§peed
11-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Yea man take it while it's free.

GSRteg®
11-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Griffin Tech is a great school and the teachers are awesome individuals. Just had a buddy graduate a few months back with an accounting degree and he loved it.

Halfwit
11-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Griffin Tech is a great school and the teachers are awesome individuals. Just had a buddy graduate a few months back with an accounting degree and he loved it.

im gonna call them, but thats hella traffic from stockbridge.

Andy_013
11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
also try gwinnett tech, its only about 600 a quarter.

Halfwit
11-03-2009, 07:40 PM
also try gwinnett tech, its only about 600 a quarter.

too far, not driving 40 miles. thats where the stress is comin in, not finding anything even relatively close, that offers what i need

collins
11-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Good luck home skillit! I know the stress of getting thrown curve balls all too well. Keep ya head up and it'll eventully work out for the best.

StreetHazard
11-04-2009, 08:35 AM
cool story bro

PSINXS
11-04-2009, 09:09 AM
blah blah blah

if u r gona waste time getting a degree, get one that benefits you. i have an AAT in automotive and I am jobless. I am back in for nursing. wont be jobless. Education ad medical are your best bets if you actually want a job after you finish school.

and your other options are enrolling in a school of your choice and taking their ONLINE curriculum.

LizBiz
11-04-2009, 09:29 AM
GPC Clarkston??? I live in Stockbridge and go there and Clayton. It's not far. Hope everything works out for you!! Keep your head up and keep it moving!!!

quickdodge®
11-04-2009, 09:45 AM
too far, not driving 40 miles. thats where the stress is comin in, not finding anything even relatively close, that offers what i need

If you're really serious about doing this, you're going to have to make concessions, dude. It's not part of life to have everything exactly as you wish it to be. Thousands of people that live in Covington, Conyers, Monroe, McDonough, anywhere outside the perimeter don't want to drive to Atlanta to go to work everyday. But they have to. You can't put restrictions on what you're going to do when it comes to your future...your life. And if it's free, then why not take advantage wherever you have to go?

It's a great thing that you're going to further your education with this. Accounting is a great field to be in. My oldest son starts college this coming Winter to become a CPA. He'll be doing that while finishing high school.

Just some words for you to think about, man. Later, QD.

NEMO
11-04-2009, 09:52 AM
im gonna call them, but thats hella traffic from stockbridge.
there is not that much traffic from stockbridge to griffin tech. so many back roads you can take. 30 min tops to get there :goodjob:

but good luck

Jason..
11-04-2009, 11:34 AM
If you're really serious about doing this, you're going to have to make concessions, dude. It's not part of life to have everything exactly as you wish it to be. Thousands of people that live in Covington, Conyers, Monroe, McDonough, anywhere outside the perimeter don't want to drive to Atlanta to go to work everyday. But they have to. You can't put restrictions on what you're going to do when it comes to your future...your life. And if it's free, then why not take advantage wherever you have to go?

It's a great thing that you're going to further your education with this. Accounting is a great field to be in. My oldest son starts college this coming Winter to become a CPA. He'll be doing that while finishing high school.

Just some words for you to think about, man. Later, QD.
He knows this but he is hard headded as fuck lol..GL Casey.