PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Attire

TheGodfather
11-03-2009, 03:39 AM
I have a funeral mass to attend tomorrow night, my close friends dad died, and was wondering what the typical attire was?

I haven't been to a funeral in many years, and it being a mass, I figure a suit to be appropriate. But with how casual my church is during mass, and since I'm not sure about funeral dress nowadays, what is commonplace for an adult male?

I would assume a suit, but is that too dressy if possible? I have a long sleeve dress shirt, slacks, and a tie I could wear, but it's a dark red shirt and I kinda prefer black to a funeral as is custom.

I know it seems odd to ask, but I'm wondering because I have to borrow a suit from my coworker if a suit would be more appropriate, my old one is too big.

Thanks in advance.

Echonova
11-03-2009, 05:16 AM
A suit is appropriate regardless of the "regular" attire of a Mass. It is showing respect for the departed, not the dress code of a building. The suit does not have to be all black, although traditionally that is the case. Typically it is the immediate family that wears all black.

Sorry to hear about your friends dad.

Jason..
11-03-2009, 07:49 AM
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5559753/

Here,click here an it will tell you what to wear..im not sorry to here your friend died..Maybe he ended it all just to not here your sweet voice anymore or maybe he was just tired of looking at your fucked up face who knows?..Lol

TheGodfather
11-03-2009, 09:41 AM
A suit is appropriate regardless of the "regular" attire of a Mass. It is showing respect for the departed, not the dress code of a building. The suit does not have to be all black, although traditionally that is the case. Typically it is the immediate family that wears all black.

Sorry to hear about your friends dad.

Thanks Echo. I'll go with a suit.

man
11-03-2009, 05:44 PM
WERD FAGGOT