PDA

View Full Version : Good shop for replacing CV joint/axle?

PhunkyStamos
10-18-2005, 05:53 PM
So I was under my car the other day and noticed that the CV boot is ripped in half and throwing up grease everywhere making a damn mess of everything. Does anyone know a good shop that won't ream me to get it worked on? I was just gonna take it to the Good-year or Butler Tire down the street but I thought I'd try here first. It would also help if they can work on lowered cars and not mess them up cause mines pretty low.

Also do they have to replace the whole axle or can they do just the joint? I've always wondered that, I heard that you could just do the joint and boot and not have to replace the whole thing. BTW it's the side attached to the wheel not the tranny.

Thanks
Robert

Tracy
10-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Mainstream

PhunkyStamos
10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah I was there the other day, thats kind of a drive though. I don't need anything special just OEM quality, I guess I would buy it at a auto parts store and let them install it?

Tracy I could of sworn I've seen your car before. I think it was like a week or 2 ago you were pulling out of the Phipps Plaza parking deck onto peachtree rd, I'm pretty sure thats the only time I've seen a pink inspired EVO :D

Tracy
10-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Yeah I was there the other day, thats kind of a drive though. I don't need anything special just OEM quality, I guess I would buy it at a auto parts store and let them install it?

Tracy I could of sworn I've seen your car before. I think it was like a week or 2 ago you were pulling out of the Phipps Plaza parking deck onto peachtree rd, I'm pretty sure thats the only time I've seen a pink inspired EVO :D

LOL! That was me! We were eating at Twist! YUM!! We live downtown.

Anyways Mainstream is a good place. Dive=less overhead=less $$$ for you. Especially for OEM shit! I would usually say us, but I don't think you want to wait 3 weeks for a CV change

PhunkyStamos
10-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Ah cool that was you, yeah I live in Buckhead right near roswell rd and piedmont, and what's Twist anyway? Is it near the target or Filines basement? I was in a bright red prelude if you remember, I was about to go ship some springs at the Kinkos next to circuit city.

I guess I'll pm Mike with what I want and see what price he gets me.

Thanks!

Vteckidd
10-18-2005, 06:18 PM
LOL! That was me! We were eating at Twist! YUM!! We live downtown.

Anyways Mainstream is a good place. Dive=less overhead=less $$$ for you. Especially for OEM shit! I would usually say us, but I don't think you want to wait 3 weeks for a CV change
HE SAID DRIVE NOT DIVE! :D :lmfao:

Our shop is clean :)

$90 to swap, includes the axle. best thing to do is replace the whole thing.
Thats for a B series axle, ill call tomorrow and make sure the axle isnt stupid expensive like some H series stuff is.

Thanks for the recommendation Tracinator

Tracy
10-18-2005, 06:20 PM
HE SAID DRIVE NOT DIVE! :D :lmfao:

Our shop is clean :)

$90 to swap, includes the axle. best thing to do is replace the whole thing.
Thats for a B series axle, ill call tomorrow and make sure the axle isnt stupid expensive like some H series stuff is.

Thanks for the recommendation Tracinator

LOL! welp..I tried! :lmfao: :lmfao:

Tracy
10-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Ah cool that was you, yeah I live in Buckhead right near roswell rd and piedmont, and what's Twist anyway? Is it near the target or Filines basement? I was in a bright red prelude if you remember, I was about to go ship some springs at the Kinkos next to circuit city.

I guess I'll pm Mike with what I want and see what price he gets me.

Thanks!

It's a resturant in Phipps. Good stuff! You should try it!

PhunkyStamos
10-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Ah cool Mike, I came in last week about the swap if you remember. Let me know asap, I ain't got nothin planned so just let me know when you can do it.

Robert

Vteckidd
10-18-2005, 06:25 PM
ok ill check for thing tomrrow, send me a PM now so i dont forget.
its a SI H23 correct?

PhunkyStamos
10-18-2005, 06:39 PM
yeah its an Si H23, sent pm