PDA

View Full Version : Misc Nice connection speed in Villa Rica

Pher
10-18-2005, 05:18 PM
I was downloading a large file from a site in Atlanta. I'm out in the sticks and I'm extremely suprised of the speed that I got. It was a stead speed from 700-900k. Check this out...

ironchef
10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Comcast? And where is villa rica?

TranceDJ06
10-18-2005, 08:44 PM
straight off highway 61 in douglas co. somewhere

tony
10-18-2005, 08:46 PM
I know Bellsouth is rolling out 6meg DSL next week which actually connects @ 8meg

ironchef
10-18-2005, 09:21 PM
For what kind of price? And can you tell them to turn on dsl at my house. Friends of mine a mile away can get service but i cant :(.

tony
10-18-2005, 11:16 PM
You emailed me about that once right Ironchef? I checked the number but it didnt come up as a bellsouth number. PM me again, I can try and pull some strings for you if you are in a good area.

chrisdavis
10-19-2005, 01:41 AM
I know Bellsouth is rolling out 6meg DSL next week which actually connects @ 8meg

Fuck Bellsouth. I already got 8meg cable from Comcast:D

Pher
10-19-2005, 03:49 AM
This was Comcast out at Lea Annes house. Not sure the price but it was amazingly fast.

tony
10-19-2005, 06:24 AM
Fuck Bellsouth. I already got 8meg cable from Comcast:D

dare ya really or are you sharing 8meg with the rest of the neighborhood? Say around.. 8-9pm every night I highly doubt you'll get that much bandwidth unless you're in a rural area.

chrisdavis
10-19-2005, 05:09 PM
dare ya really or are you sharing 8meg with the rest of the neighborhood? Say around.. 8-9pm every night I highly doubt you'll get that much bandwidth unless you're in a rural area.

I really get 8 megs. I live in a neighborhood full of older people, I think I may be the only one on my hub.

Regardless I had some problems with customer service at Bellsouth, up to and including them telling my wife that we would come crawling back to them when she disconnected our service. "You'll come back, they all come crawling back" is what she was told by the CSR. Then we would receive letters every month or so begging us to come back for awhile. I refuse to have Bellsouth in my house.

Vonage+Comcast > Bellsouth

tony
10-19-2005, 05:13 PM
I really get 8 megs. I live in a neighborhood full of older people, I think I may be the only one on my hub.

Regardless I had some problems with customer service at Bellsouth, up to and including them telling my wife that we would come crawling back to them when she disconnected our service. "You'll come back, they all come crawling back" is what she was told by the CSR. Then we would receive letters every month or so begging us to come back for awhile. I refuse to have Bellsouth in my house.

Vonage+Comcast > Bellsouth

Seriously? We're not all that bad at bellsouth.. I cant believe one of the reps said that to you though, around here they would be fired immediately. The only problem I have with Bellsouth right now is they outsourced their call center to india and all they do is read off of a script and piss me off.

Spyder
10-19-2005, 05:16 PM
you got that speed because you were the ONLY person in the area smart enough to even turn on a computer lol

HvyChevy
10-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Bellsouth is planning on releasing 12 meg by the middle of next year...so an insider (bellsouth employee/friend) tells me.

That's pretty damn quick.

tony
10-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Bellsouth is planning on releasing 12 meg by the middle of next year...so an insider (bellsouth employee/friend) tells me.

That's pretty damn quick.

Actually they're testing 20+ meg as well right now, the 12 Meg will be used for IPTV which will basically allow you to watch television through your phone line. I'll start training on 12 meg here pretty soon, the problem is you have to be within a certain distance to the central office and the wiring inside the house has to be up to standards as well.

TranceDJ06
10-19-2005, 06:26 PM
My bellsouth sometimes goes slow as shit with the Router shit..ticks me off.

tony
10-19-2005, 06:36 PM
do you have a bellsouth router? or another company

TranceDJ06
10-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Wait..no Its a (BelKin) Ive been thinking of changing but not sure.
( my dad has earthlink dsl..and yea..that really sucks..)

man
10-20-2005, 12:46 AM
comcast ownz you!!!

chrisdavis
10-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Actually they're testing 20+ meg as well right now, the 12 Meg will be used for IPTV which will basically allow you to watch television through your phone line. I'll start training on 12 meg here pretty soon, the problem is you have to be within a certain distance to the central office and the wiring inside the house has to be up to standards as well.

Verizon has released FiOS in limited markets its up to 30megs down and 5megs up :eek:

http://www22.verizon.com/FiOSForHome/channels/FiOS/root/package.aspx