PDA

View Full Version : General Chat YOU MAY CALL ME A FAKE NON-OLD SCHOOL CAR LOVER AFTER THIS..

Sammich
11-02-2009, 08:15 AM
BUT, I IN GENERAL LOVE OLD CARS, LOVE EM TO DEATH. BUT I SWEAR THAT THERE ARE SOME CARS ON THIS FORUM THAT SOME PEOPLE CALL 'SICK'(SICK=GOOD) THAT I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND..I WAS JUST LOOKING AT A THREAD W/ A TE37 RALLY CAR, I KNOW MOST RALLY CARS ARENT JUST FOR LOOKS, STRICTLY COMPETITION...BUT TO CALL SAID CAR SICK, JUST BECAUSE ITS OLD SCHOOL....I THINK U KNOW WHERE I'M GOING W/ THIS. DONT GET ME WRONG I KNOW ALOT OF WORK GOES INTO THESE CARS TO MAKE THEM WORTHY OF BEING A COMPETITIVE CAR AND WHAT NOT, BUT SOMETIMES, IT DOESNT MAKE IT 'SICK' JUST MAKES IT A TOUGH COMPETITOR

DISCUSS

PS HERE IS PIC OF SAID 'SICK' OLD SCHOOL TE37:

http://members.shaw.ca/jdascollas/Corolla-73-Mt%20Trials%20%2706.jpg

AnthonyF
11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
This is IA. People will agree with others or the majority JUST so they don't get "hated" on by the others.

The car looks like shit BTW but a great competitor.

-Ant.

Sammich
11-02-2009, 08:27 AM
This is IA. People will agree with others or the majority JUST so they don't get "hated" on by the others.

The car looks like shit BTW but a great competitor.

-Ant.
I HAVE TO AGREE, BUT I WANT AN ANSWER FROM THE FIRST PERSON TO THINK OF IT AS A 'SICK' CAR

oneSLOWex
11-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Car LOOKS like ass....but its all about the business end of it.

I would get it if i had the $$ and a place to haul ass offroad

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2009, 09:25 AM
I guess I'll be the first "old scholar" to respond.

First off, I can't stand the word "sick" when in reference to a car. So I'll use bad ass. And I'll tell it the way I see it. I could call that car bad ass because of its capabilities. It's bad ass in the sense of its performance level, not so much for looks. And then there are people that like the way a car looks dolled up like that. I think it looks cool. Awesome? Not so much, but cool, yes. The same could be said about some of these track EG Civics that are missing front bumpers and all this other stuff. More people call those cars "sick" than any other car on the site. But they look like ass too. It's just an opinion based call.

It has nothing to do with being a fake old school car lover. It's just your tastes. I can't stand brand swapping. But I'm not a fake OS dude. There are a few trends in OS I don't like, but it doesn't make me a fake OS dude. Later, QD.

Sammich
11-02-2009, 09:27 AM
IF THATS THE REASON BEHIND CALLIN IT 'SICK' IS ITS CAPABILITIES...I COULD RESPECT THAT 100 GRANDE, BUT I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT MOST OTHERS THINK OF IT AS SICK BECAUSE OF ITS LOOKS..OR COULD JUST BE PLAN OL BANDWAGONEERS.

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2009, 09:32 AM
IF THATS THE REASON BEHIND CALLIN IT 'SICK' IS ITS CAPABILITIES...I COULD RESPECT THAT 100 GRANDE, BUT I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT MOST OTHERS THINK OF IT AS SICK BECAUSE OF ITS LOOKS..OR COULD JUST BE PLAN OL BANDWAGONEERS.

I doubt it's bandwagonning. And people probably do like it for the looks. But again, that may be there thing. Just like "donks." World's ugliest cars ever. But the man next to me might think it's a bad ass looking ride. Later, QD.

Sammich
11-02-2009, 09:34 AM
HAHAHA THATS TRUE..OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES...

wrekonize
11-02-2009, 09:44 AM
classic always wins......:2cents:

Ziptied
11-02-2009, 11:05 AM
I love it, but I really like old competition cars.

alpine_aw11
11-02-2009, 05:31 PM
I usually dont refer to old school cars like that as "sick" because modern rally cars would seriously decimate that Corolla in a race. But it's fucking awesome because it's an old Corolla that's been made into a rally car, comprende?

Sammich
11-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I usually dont refer to old school cars like that as "sick" because modern rally cars would seriously decimate that Corolla in a race. But it's fucking awesome because it's an old Corolla that's been made into a rally car, comprende?
SI, COMPRENDE:goodjob:

oneSLOWex
11-03-2009, 08:05 AM
si senor

Sammich
11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
GTFO THIS IS CEREAL THREAD

oneSLOWex
11-03-2009, 08:09 AM
this aint me lucky charms!

Sammich
11-03-2009, 08:15 AM
NO BISH

Elbow
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I think that Corolla rally car is sexy, but half the old school cars I see around here are total pieces of shit and have no hope.

DeeAOne
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I think that Corolla rally car is sexy, but half the old school cars I see around here are total pieces of shit and have no hope.
:cry:.. lol

i dont care for rally cars, but that one is pretty cool just because its an old corolla tearing it up in the dirt. especially when it was something that was just meant to get groceries.

the same goes for my car. the GTX hatch version was really popular back in its day in rally because it was light, awd, and came stock with a turbo i4. they arent fast or sick, in todays standards but they were awesome for what they were.

http://sturtevant.com/reed/323pics/gtx1.jpg

http://www.rallyracingnews.com/teams/jma-baie98.jpg

Elbow
11-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I LOVE GTX's, I love your car too.

Sammich
11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
i can see 'cool' as being used..but sexy...

puregroove
11-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I think it's a dope little car for what it is and what it can do. To me, it's just a normal te37 with functional parts and 7/11 paint stripes--all business.

Here's the original thread: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261940

87 Turbo II
11-03-2009, 10:16 PM
I just like the older styling cues, I don't think older cars look as sinister, or aggressive, but I do think that with a good stance, they have a very nice feel to them. It's hard not to respect something just for still being on the road at a certain point. I'm all for the older styling myself, I guess I just like bog ole' round headlights, open grills, damn near actually triangular wedged cars, chrome accenting, and bumpers that actually look like separate pieces rather than integrated panels. I don't think it is the best styling ever, but I definitely like older lines, they just stand out on the roads against late 80s early 90s sedan blobs that all look the same, and the chunky tonka toy looking pigs of cars from this past decade.