PDA

View Full Version : Headgasket Question.

FAM0U5
11-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Ok Ive talked to countless people and I cant really get a striaght answer.

So the question is I have a NA/T supra Im putting in arp head studs and I was wondering If I need to change the thickness of the headgasket. I thought that the TT motor may have a thicker size but to my results its not, So Im stuck wondering if I should buy another OEM headgastket and spray it with copper gasket overlay thingy. To provide abit more protection.. Im trying to reach 10-12 psi.

Anyone that can provide me info will be given reps

RBS
11-01-2009, 01:42 PM
if your oem gasket and the turbo gasket is the same thickness, then get a new oem one. keep in mind your compression and the TT compression ratio though, if you need to get a thicker gasket to compensate then do that.

otherwise, get a new oem gasket and dont spray it with copper spray. a new gasket is meant to seal on its own, raw.

jhadleyh
11-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Check out Clubna-t.com they specialize in na-t 2jz motors and they will be able to answer every question under the sun for you. :)

FAM0U5
11-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Check out Clubna-t.com they specialize in na-t 2jz motors and they will be able to answer every question under the sun for you. :)

Thanks man.

FAM0U5
11-01-2009, 01:49 PM
if your oem gasket and the turbo gasket is the same thickness, then get a new oem one. keep in mind your compression and the TT compression ratio though, if you need to get a thicker gasket to compensate then do that.

otherwise, get a new oem gasket and dont spray it with copper spray. a new gasket is meant to seal on its own, raw.

I know its different compression ratio however I dont know how to figure that out nor know how to compensate for it.

jhadleyh
11-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I know its different compression ratio however I dont know how to figure that out nor know how to compensate for it.

Im telling ya bro if you check out that website their are some na-t genius's over there. And there is no shit talking your questions will be answered promptly.

FAM0U5
11-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Im telling ya bro if you check out that website their are some na-t genius's over there. And there is no shit talking your questions will be answered promptly.

I cant go on another forum since Im on my ps3 broswer so I cant make new account at other websites. :no:

Ziptied
11-01-2009, 04:22 PM
If you do the OEM and copper spray you should be good for the boost you wanna run, just dont buy a cometic, they are crap.

TommyD1919
11-01-2009, 08:04 PM
a tt oem headgasket on a NA-T setup will give you 9.2 to 1 comp. This is absolutely what I would do at the boost level you want..

dallasb84
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
and yes use copper seal.... it works great..

TommyD1919
11-01-2009, 08:20 PM
i never used copper seal on any of mine but hey if it works it works... We've used it on big inch nitrous engines but never on a street engine.. I did watch a guy that was building a Harley engine spray paint the head gaskets before he put them on.. I love the old school crowd..

dallasb84
11-01-2009, 08:30 PM
thats what im talking about..... the copper gasket spray

not the copper head gasket

FAM0U5
11-02-2009, 09:40 AM
a tt oem headgasket on a NA-T setup will give you 9.2 to 1 comp. This is absolutely what I would do at the boost level you want..

there is no difference in the size of GE or TT model...

AnthonyF
11-02-2009, 03:33 PM
head studs allow for more boost pressure and no head lift.

You wont have to change your head gasket if you swap them over one by one. If you un-do all of your head bolts at once, you pretty much need a new head gasket.

if you are wanting to lower the compression the "cheaper" way a copper or any type of thicker gasket will work. I recommend Cometic.

Ziptied bashed them above, but a close friend and member of the VCA club was running 1600 rwhp with a cometic.

-Ant.

TommyD1919
11-03-2009, 09:57 PM
TT headgasket is 1.3mm..... There is absolutely a difference.