PDA

View Full Version : HDMI connection

SLo_MKIII
11-01-2009, 12:19 PM
ok so im no electronic mastermind and im very new to this whole HD thing. I have a DVD player with HDMI upconversion and i have the HDMI cable etc. I was under the impression that you plug the cable in to both the DVD unit and the TV and bam should be done with... Not so much i plug it in and get no audio or video. Im sure this is simple and im over looking something but I need help...

if it matters i have a phillips dvd player and a sharp hdtv also have the phillips hdmi cable. Any help would be appreciated

HyPer50
11-01-2009, 04:17 PM
ok so im no electronic mastermind and im very new to this whole HD thing. I have a DVD player with HDMI upconversion and i have the HDMI cable etc. I was under the impression that you plug the cable in to both the DVD unit and the TV and bam should be done with... Not so much i plug it in and get no audio or video. Im sure this is simple and im over looking something but I need help...

if it matters i have a phillips dvd player and a sharp hdtv also have the phillips hdmi cable. Any help would be appreciated

I've never used HDMI, but to my understanding it's an all in one, meaning video and audio go through the same cable. I guess your running the audio through your TV and not a receiver? Maybe just a simple audio source setting or something.

SLo_MKIII
11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I've never used HDMI, but to my understanding it's an all in one, meaning video and audio go through the same cable. I guess your running the audio through your TV and not a receiver? Maybe just a simple audio source setting or something.
yeah i called phillips, best buy, and there like uh idk so i said fuck it and took it back thanks though

Allshow97
11-02-2009, 07:57 AM
More than likely you would have had to change your output settings in the DVD players settings menu. My old sony HDMI dvd player was like that. I know it's too late now, but thought I'd share for future reference.

Jecht
11-02-2009, 10:26 AM
More than likely you would have had to change your output settings in the DVD players settings menu. My old sony HDMI dvd player was like that. I know it's too late now, but thought I'd share for future reference.

x2. On most DVD players like that, they come setup to default to using the traditional types of cables and you have to choose to use HDMI. It won't display until you change the settings.

It will probably be the same on whatever player you choose to replace the one you just returned.