PDA

View Full Version : All this talk about weight redux...

Nemesis
10-18-2005, 12:31 PM
I have a very generic question.

Right now I have a set of Corbeaus that weigh in at 14 pounds each. They are fiberglass. However, for long trips they really dont feel to great since they are fixed back.

I have a set of fully motorized seats for my car that I think weigh more than double than the currents. Im wanting to swap these in for the Mountain run sinec I want to feel comfortable. Do heavier seats really affect all that much?

99SI
10-18-2005, 12:34 PM
for every 100 lbs. they say that it's a .10/second slower in quarter mile. If you were talking about unsprung weight such as wheels/tires/brakes being twice as heavy it would make a noticeable difference. But 25lb seats instead of 14lb seats won't make a diff.

Danny
10-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I have to ask, why would u put in fixed back racing seats (that happened to be deisgned for racing) when ur just driving around on the street normal, and then want to throw in you heavy (i dont see them wieghing 30lbs, more like 50-60) when u actual are going to be taking turns. This seat sooo backwards to me, i just had to ask. What is your reasoning. ( comfort isnt a reason, its more like a joke)...??

Nemesis
10-18-2005, 01:51 PM
I have to ask, why would u put in fixed back racing seats (that happened to be deisgned for racing) when ur just driving around on the street normal, and then want to throw in you heavy (i dont see them wieghing 30lbs, more like 50-60) when u actual are going to be taking turns. This seat sooo backwards to me, i just had to ask. What is your reasoning. ( comfort isnt a reason, its more like a joke)...??

I dont daily drive my car. However, I have driven 14 hours straight to Indianapolis in my car, and I must say fixed backs arent all the comfortable. I went for an event for my type of car. (They were given to me from Corbeau under sponsorship). In indi I picked up a full set of leathers for 30 bucks. I know the fixed backs would be better for this trip, I do see your point, which is probably why ill have them in anyways, I was just curious thats all.

I also plan on trying AutoX in the coming year, since Ive spent so much on Suspension to see it go to waste on the drag strip all year.

HiPSI
10-18-2005, 04:44 PM
leave them in, you'll thank us later.

DrivenMind
10-19-2005, 12:30 AM
leave them in, you'll thank us later.

No shit... have you ever sat in a stock Cougar seat?

It's about the most uncomfortable/akward as hell seat and seat bolstering I've ever felt.

Car and Driver nicknamed them "The Rack" for a reason.