PDA

View Full Version : Membership

C.Smock
10-29-2009, 11:46 AM
So jared,greg,bobby and tyler are offically out of the club on there own will... If shit doesnt start changing imma have to step out as well... this club has changed alot recently and gotten away from what i wanted it to be, granted i havent been around much to participate but yall dont have to have me at every meet to get together or to have a top notch event. What needs to be done here guys? Or you tell me, if you want ill peel the sticker and hand it over to sumi.

Not trying to bitch but everyone knows my work schedule and i still try to make meets as often as i can.... i still try to play an active part of this club and still have some stuff in the works for top notch.

bloodline
10-29-2009, 02:20 PM
i dunno certain ppls reasons for leaving the crew....but im still in...bobby and tyler dont wanna roll out of come to ur meets anymore or sumthin? i still got love for them either way..thats doesnt mean we all arent friends anymore you know bro?

shit im still in it...if i was around you know i'd be put my effort in this like i have when i was there...but i guess this is all something that we all need to get together any talk about sometime...Casey honestly..you do what you do..you always been the one to take charge..you step up the plate alot when it comes to organizing this...

some ppl have there own reasons for being apart of this crew..some just wanna roll wit a crew..some look as this crew as family..everyone has there own reasons...if yya choose to bounce..thats on yah....i never liked crews..nor did i ever wanna be in a crew..but im letting ya know..im keepin the top notch name on my car whether anyone chooses to leave or stays...even if im dolo..i'll get a new squad goin...and keep the name alive..

but lets not forget..rather then just being a team...Top notch began as a family of friends first..and still will be...if you cant make it to all the meets thats fine...
BUT when i have my top notch cook outs and gatherings at my place...i do expect everyone to show...if not then i will take that personally...and will say fuck you...

But for now..im still rydin wit ya case...you know me..i dont bounce on ppl..

bloodline
10-29-2009, 02:29 PM
everyone needs to step up..and try to contribute however they can...its thats simple..

C.Smock
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
im still friends with the ppl who dip. i think its pretty shitty. but thats on them. i love this crew. i put alot of time and effort into this for ppl to not give a shit and not try to keep this going. jay i wish you were here man i can count on you help. more than i can say for most.

for watever reason people are in this for you need to put forth an effort. and if your not going to than you can part ways with the club. Im tired of putting meets together and wasting my days off for people to say they are comming to the meet and then bailing last minute.

this is everyones club so lets speak up ppl..

stillaneon
10-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Just to throw my 2 cents around,

You are going to get more and more of this as the club grows.

lovinmydodge
10-29-2009, 02:56 PM
i feel ya i just have a hard time getting to places when i was "accepted " then declined lol but yeah not 2 mention my medical issues but yeah i am willing 2 put in the time getting to know every 1

bloodline
10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Just to throw my 2 cents around,

You are going to get more and more of this as the club grows.

i agree....ive had to deal with this along time ago with my old crew...ppl will come and go...its the ppl that stick around with you .that matter the most...

S2KJD
10-29-2009, 03:18 PM
i like this thread so good for you casey :goodjob:

my :2cents: is that i wish we had more events rather than just meets. For instance, once a month mtn drives, track days every quarter, and photo shoots more frequently! Thats how i would be apart of this club and give my efforts.

instead its just thursday meets at sonic, or waffle house or toys r us where we just sit in a parking lot and talk, which can be cool and all except im fine doing that at home with my wife. now, mtn runs, car wash meets, track days, and photoshoots isnt your typical hangin out.

as said bf if i was 10 years younger than doing exaclty those things such as meeting up and chilin together i would be more game for but thankfully im in a place in my life where better things interest me like being a husband. Now thats where a lot of TN folks get lost cause they are that 20 year old dude im talking about which is cool as its just not me.

now a cookout like jay mentioned is another event i would be up for cause thats not standing in a parking lot with my heels hurting while being bored out of my mind.

i will say also that being ridin/called out for not showing up to these "awesome" sonic, waffle house, steak n shake, and toys r us meetings is another reason for my leaving b/c no matter how much i explained what im looking for out of a club(cause i mentioned it WAY in the beginning) it just couldnt be understood for some reason and constantly thrown in my face.

in a club you are going to have the 5-10 that week in and week out rock the sonic meets cause thats just their thing and then you will have 5-10 members that would always rock the photoshoots cause thats their thing, and then you will have the 5 or so members that rock mtn runs cause thats what they enjoy. I can guarantee you those 3 separate gategories will never involve all of the same people so thats the reason of having 3 completely different events always going on/rotating which keeps the club active and ALL its members one way or another. :2cents:

LightsOut
10-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I know I'm not a member yet but Casey reason I'm trying is cause u... U was 1st member I meet and talk to I really wish u don't back out..... U know even tho I live n the southside I'm always up for meets.... Yes work times get n the way as a crew everyone shouldn't rag on a guy for that times hard and every hr counts.... Fuck every sec min counts...... I meet I say about all of the members..... An all u guys are cool as he'll haven't meet blood but can't wait...... As former legistics manager I found getting everyone together one are and talking helps to get events done right on time and fit everyone times.............. Everyone I'll c u soon car gettin a lil upgrade :).....

Siean
10-30-2009, 01:18 AM
I've been with the crew for about a month now and I've come to really like everyone in it. Over the past years that I have been with different crews, I've been able to see some of the same downfalls everytime. I have a few solutions that I believe will help us out.

1: Having a meet that is actually a meeting. Talking about current projects, future projects and anything that pertains to the crew. This envolves talking about up and coming events like Nopi, HIN and any other car show that lets people know who we are. I've been to plenty of them to know that you don't have to $10.000 of work done to your car to attend. From what I understand Casey is trying to get some things going with a sponser of some sort as well as Dblock.

2: All members have to understand that some of us has a family, jobs (except Dblock) that will prevent them from attending every event. Now just because they didn't attend doesn't mean that you shouldn't attend. From what I understand Casey, Dblock and Sumi are the top dogs in our crew. So you have to look at thing like a job. Casey is the General Manager. How often do you see the general manager at every work shift. If things need to be discussed then we have two others that we can fall back on.

We need a day or night that all of use can come together and talk about this and many other things that is going on, weather good or bad. IA is a good place to talk but not everyone is on IA. So I'm suggesting my house which is in Norcross for us to have this meet. This way we can have a group discussion about whats going on and what would be our next step. I like this crew, this formula is sound. We just need to tweak the dosage. I may not have a Top Notch Logo on my car yet but like bloodline if I have to I will carve it into the hood. So lets do this. A meeting at my house on what ever day. What do you think Casey, Dblock, Sumi?????

lovinmydodge
10-30-2009, 05:44 AM
i myself can b at every event but i found moderation to be better for me cuz 'll get burnt out. I like the ppl i've talked to @ TN and i made the sonic meet today but i agree with s2k i would rather "meet" and do something a little more mature.... cook outs are great i'd b dwn to hosting a few BYOB lol and shoots and track days would be great. even going to shows would be better than watching an accord doing burn outs at sonic ya know i prefer doing a few things with a car club that isn't like im still in high school ...

S2KJD
10-30-2009, 08:03 AM
tours are also alot of fun like mayfield or panoz or coke....etc.

blackboi50
10-30-2009, 11:48 AM
i see what u did there CN!! imma stab u!!

Jared i see the problem right there!! if u want mtn runs and go to big race events and stuff.....POST IT UP!!! say "im going to be there at X time....come chill with me" everytime someone says that at least one person makes it.....

It sucks cuz its fall and winter is coming...not many events take place....this is when we should be chillen.....at restaurants....peoples houses....inside not getting swineflu outside.....i LOVE this crew because we are a very chill crew....and i mean chill by all means.....like i dont get shit for not showing up here or there.....its supposed to be like that!!

im with jay on this one...im not scraping shit off my car and if i need to start over from scratch so be it!!!

i like what we have became and we need to keep it this way

btw donnie is sooooo fucking rite....1

stillaneon
10-30-2009, 11:53 AM
This is what will happen as you get bigger.

You will lose the reliability of your members. Life happens and with that, you have to realize that everything won't happen the way you want it to.

I have 40 members in ASAP, and maybe 45% actively participate in functions. No matter how mandatory you make something, people won't participate

blackboi50
10-30-2009, 11:56 AM
another thing jared take the initiative and set up BBQs...etc

and just me speaking some of yall do need to chill out with the ohhh i was at sonic.....or i was at toys r us crap......everybody has diff schedules and diff stress levels and u can piss someone off easy if u do that shit!! juss keep ya mouth shut and say ohh ok ill see u next time

juss puttin names into it...when i dont show up casey calls me a flaker....I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT cuz casey is liek a bro to me and i kno hes joking...

everytime i tell sumi i cant make it....his next sentence starts with allright bro.....its cool

Thats the crew i kno.....so all imma say is watch ya words cuz some people have diff stress levels and perceive things differently :2cents:...1

blackboi50
10-30-2009, 11:57 AM
This is what will happen as you get bigger.

You will lose the reliability of your members. Life happens and with that, you have to realize that everything won't happen the way you want it to.

I have 40 members in ASAP, and maybe 45% actively participate in functions. No matter how mandatory you make something, people won't participate

also with the 55% that dont show to mandatory stuff.....dont care......they will just drop from the crew and not care :dunno:

sooo from the beginning we never had mandatory meets.....we maybe should keep it that way.....:2cents: tambien!!....1

C.Smock
10-30-2009, 12:06 PM
everytime i give ppl shit about not showin up im fuckin around i think everyone here knows that

i know not everything is going to work out ideally but im still aiming high!

Im trying to get ppl together tonight 1245ish taco mac off riverside parkway. imma be there, and soaking wet might i add bc im on the bike with no car so id like to see some other ppl out! Lets have a talk

blackboi50
10-30-2009, 12:10 PM
everytime i give ppl shit about not showin up im fuckin around i think everyone here knows that

i know not everything is going to work out ideally but im still aiming high!

Im trying to get ppl together tonight 1245ish taco mac off riverside parkway. imma be there, and soaking wet might i add bc im on the bike with no car so id like to see some other ppl out! Lets have a talk

sounds good......hopefully ill make it!!

and casey yea I KNO u joking when u say it but we may have some sissies in the crew....they might take it the wrong way!!...1

C.Smock
10-30-2009, 12:12 PM
true true, ill reiterate (sp) that tonight.........if anyone comes out

S2KJD
10-30-2009, 03:13 PM
dblock: being "barely" a member when i was i didnt think i had the say so to be a "club leader" like casey and sumi and start calling out and creating events lol! As mentioned, again, i said this is what i like to do: 1, 2 , and 3. If those things were never arranged to do so then thats y you guys didnt see much of me. didnt know i just had to go out and be a club leader also :thinking:

and remember the first and only mtn run we had done i was there ;)

bloodline
10-30-2009, 07:46 PM
if anyone has ideas.. Wanna do something.. Set something up, There's no harm is suggesting a meet or gather.. Communication is the key..
I mean that's wut being a team is...everyone has a voice...and jus need to speak up more...I'm glad this was brought up....this thread is done

u8myore0
10-30-2009, 08:12 PM
i <3 everyone.

LightsOut
10-30-2009, 09:04 PM
I do to :)...... I'm down when ever yall wanta mee no one wanta come southside

MSP1660
10-30-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm still here. Don't plan on going anywhere.

Just for reference, Bobby and Tyler are always at Sonic on Thur. I don't think a car club is their gig though.

I'm with Jared in a few respects. I'd like to see a few more variations of meets rather than just "Hey let's park and talk." However, I'm not the pillar of attendance either.

I got love for all you guys. You know this. I know the hazing about me not being anywhere is mostly in good fun. Shit's gotta be fun or else people don't want to join.

1gDSM
10-31-2009, 02:00 AM
I think another downfall of the club is that basically anyone who walks off the street has gotten a decal.
Members should be voted on, or at least have a probationary period, in which we will all see what kind of person they are.

NOT CALLING YOU OUT but lovinmydodge is a very good example of that, when we had the steak and shake meet up.

My idea of a Club is order, yes Casey and Sumi started this, but it is the club as a whole who needs to be making decisions.

OH yes on second thought as well
as far as i can see there are only 12 TN members according to the "Meet your top notch members" sticky
Participation people wtf

MSP1660
10-31-2009, 07:27 AM
^ Good point.

stillaneon
10-31-2009, 08:14 AM
Another point:

I have found, as nice as saying that your club is member led (i.e. letting the club make decisions) doesn't work very well when you gain ou have to have people show up to meets to vote, or answer emails or do polls on here (when you have members that aren't on IA)

You guys, if you are serious, need to get structured. You need to set people in charge.

If you guys need help or advice, let us know. I can give you ideas of what has worked and what hasn't for us....

lovinmydodge
11-01-2009, 02:50 AM
i understand ur point. I enjoy going to meets that aren't too far away. i had talked alot on here between different people as to what and who I am. I am starting 2 show^ more @ meets. But I also as a person who wants 2 join, would like to see better thing for meets other than ur typical sonic meet. I just am past the parking lot scene. I did that too much in high school. I'd like 2 be a member but at the same time i've seen most of the ppl here that i've met would rather keep 2 them selves.i'm not sure if thats my style of club. ( CMOCK IMPORTKIDFOSHO AND D BLOCK AND SUMI) are the only ppl that i've met who tried to be what i look 4 in a club.

blackboi50
11-01-2009, 12:43 PM
yea jared i understand completely what u sayin!!

but we cant stand around and wait for sumi and casey to set up every single meet for us......everybody in this club has a brain....some smaller than others (CN) but everyone is entitled to do what they want

as i go thru our section i can see where me, tom(importkid), and a few others have made threads to see who was down to go to other events....TFS and such

in our club i think its safe to say that everybody enjoys doing diff car events and maybe u might kno of some events that we may not.....so whenever u wanna do something just post it up in here.....im pretty sure someone will wanna go.....1

importkid4sho
11-02-2009, 12:22 AM
well guys i haven't been in the club to long, but i also know that everyone is busy and have there own thing that take up most of your time but if your in a club you should be involved in activities and such. well i've seen that everyone haven't had much time to set up events where we all can do stuff as a team but if i'm not wrong top notch hasn't really been together for to long so maybe we just need time to get everything in order and i see dale just started a thread sayin we should do other stuff as a team not just go to sit in a parking lot, i think thats a good idea. maybe when it get warm we can get together and go BBQ as a team to like lake lanier or something like that i think everyone is down for. all i'm trying to say guys this is just the beginning we have many thing as a team to get together and in order.

lovinmydodge
11-02-2009, 02:15 AM
EXACTLY CAR CAMPING LOL FTW!!!! MMMMBBQ i want to be active but im not sure what im 2 do to get in! either way ill c u guys thursday

C.Smock
11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Dale- Bobby and tyler .........pm me.

Siean
11-03-2009, 02:20 AM
everybody in this club has a brain....some smaller than others (CN)

Ah Dblock, you bish :D

blackboi50
11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Ah Dblock, you bish :D

i love u!!!:D

why were u up so early?? :thinking:.......1

MSP1660
11-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Or up so late....

I'm thinking late night booty call.... lol

blackboi50
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Or up so late....

I'm thinking late night booty call.... lol

.com.....1

Siean
11-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Dblock, Dale, you both are bastards. I just want you to know that. :2up: LOL I am a night person. I'm up til about 4 or so. But thats off subject.

lovinmydodge
11-04-2009, 01:41 AM
lol.... k booty call or not lol. I'm just always up!