PDA

View Full Version : Sports Falcons @ Saints

bdydrpdmazda
10-29-2009, 05:08 AM
Im not gonna lie, Im a little worried about this one but I still have faith that my Falcons will pull off an upset. No doubt it will be a battle, these two teams always put on a good show no matter what kind of season either team is having...

Discuss!

quickdodgeŽ
10-29-2009, 08:12 AM
I agree with everything you said. It's always a hell of a game. But last week's showing against a "not-so-good" Dallas team has me thinking the Saints will pull it off.

Saints by a pretty good margin. Later, QD.

bdydrpdmazda
10-29-2009, 08:22 AM
we have to take one of the two games we have this year with the saints, I always gotta believe in the birds though...

S2KJD
10-29-2009, 09:49 AM
if money was involved id be going with the saints but i hope the falcons win...

Nittanys1
10-29-2009, 09:50 AM
As much as I would like the Falcons to win...it just never happens against the Saint for some reason..

On a side not I will be working at Da Bears game as an usher this weekend and the rest of the season!!!

quickdodgeŽ
10-29-2009, 11:10 AM
On a side not I will be working at Da Bears game as an usher this weekend and the rest of the season!!!

Thanks for letting us know. I heard a lot of people were really concerned about this. Later, QD.

Nittanys1
10-29-2009, 11:15 AM
^of all people I figured you would like to know the most....

bdydrpdmazda
10-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for letting us know. I heard a lot of people were really concerned about this. Later, QD.
:lmfao:

bdydrpdmazda
10-31-2009, 07:36 AM
unexpected poll results so far

redblackfan
10-31-2009, 05:50 PM
i love the falcons but that loss to dallas and the saints coming back has got me worried. By the way is any local sations airing the game. I don't have cable.

CALIWEST
10-31-2009, 09:57 PM
saints

bdydrpdmazda
11-01-2009, 04:58 AM
i love the falcons but that loss to dallas and the saints coming back has got me worried. By the way is any local sations airing the game. I don't have cable.
its MNF so isnt that ESPN, I think you might be outta luck...

No cable FTL

sogood
11-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Being a Falcons fan, I have the biggest conflict of interests ever for this game. I'm down 20 points on my fantasy matchup right now and have Roddy White, Curtis Lofton, Mike Peterson, and the Saints D to go tonight. Dude I'm facing has Matt Ryan, Shockey, and Elam... FML.

HypnoToad
11-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I agree with everything you said. It's always a hell of a game. But last week's showing against a "not-so-good" Dallas team has me thinking the Saints will pull it off.

Saints by a pretty good margin. Later, QD.

but maybe they will wanna bounce back this week after playing bad last week.

FasTech
11-02-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm pulling for the Falcons although its going to be a tough one.

ItsBlack
11-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Saints by 10

Spectic Tank
11-02-2009, 07:07 PM

Try CBS. Sometimes local channels will pick up the game. My guide shows it on both...

VIP Style
11-02-2009, 07:37 PM
if money was involved id be going with the saints but i hope the falcons win...

man you already know saints gone smash on atlanta's ass.

drpepper14
11-02-2009, 07:40 PM
I want the Falcons to win, but let's be realistic

It will be a big upset if we win

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Try CBS. Sometimes local channels will pick up the game. My guide shows it on both...

Tonight's game won't be on CBS. ESPN only. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2009, 07:46 PM
man you already know saints gone smash on atlanta's ass.

And everyone already knew you would be saying this. Later, QD.

drpepper14
11-02-2009, 07:47 PM
8 play drive

falcons 7-0

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2009, 08:47 PM
SHIT! Did you guys see Grimes launch like a space shuttle and grab that ball? What an interception. Lolol.

ItsBlack
11-02-2009, 08:49 PM
SHIT! Did you guys see Grimes launch like a space shuttle and grab that ball? What an interception. Lolol.

I just signed on just to say something about this :lmao:

Nittanys1
11-02-2009, 08:53 PM
damn that was a crazy interception!?!? He got WAY up there to catch that ball!

97_c1vic
11-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Not looking good for falcons...

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Surprisingly, the defense is playing pretty well. The offense, to me, is losing this game for them. Later, QD.

Spectic Tank
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Tonight's game won't be on CBS. ESPN only. Later, QD.

Probably should of checked out CBS before posting this...

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Probably should of checked out CBS before posting this...

Probably but I didn't. But we'll get through it. I promise. Later, QD.

97_c1vic
11-02-2009, 09:41 PM
So how about that TD catch! Go falcons!

OUTLAW
11-02-2009, 09:51 PM
falcons are looking really good they just might pull it off

Jaimecbr900
11-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Surprisingly, the defense is playing pretty well. The offense, to me, is losing this game for them. Later, QD.

I agree. 2 missed FG's, couple of easy passes dropped (1 in the Red Zone), and 2 sacks???? We're actually very lucky to still be w/i shooting distance right now. I'm pulling for the Falcons, but it's a nail biter.

The good note is Turner is having a great game already.

It's a good game.

P.S. The damn broadcasters are so freaking one sided it's getting on my last nerve. All they have talked about the whole freaking game is how good Brees is......good grief, give it a rest already....we got it. I think they are chocking their chickens under the table as much as they are in love with the Saints.

81911SC
11-02-2009, 10:06 PM
A lot closer than I suspected. Just now getting to watch though.

Pickleteg
11-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I am suprised about the comeback...they went for it on 4th and 4...they don't trust Elam right now LOL

Jaimecbr900
11-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I am suprised about the comeback...they went for it on 4th and 4...they don't trust Elam right now LOL

Great gutsy call. Good call.

Do you blame him????

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

Come get some......:bump::bump::bump::bump:

97_c1vic
11-02-2009, 10:26 PM
What a good game!

VIP Style
11-02-2009, 10:27 PM
lol, they ride matt ryans cock just as much as brees! anywho, this game is really looking good. Would not surprise me if the falcons pulled this off.
I agree. 2 missed FG's, couple of easy passes dropped (1 in the Red Zone), and 2 sacks???? We're actually very lucky to still be w/i shooting distance right now. I'm pulling for the Falcons, but it's a nail biter.

The good note is Turner is having a great game already.

It's a good game.

P.S. The damn broadcasters are so freaking one sided it's getting on my last nerve. All they have talked about the whole freaking game is how good Brees is......good grief, give it a rest already....we got it. I think they are chocking their chickens under the table as much as they are in love with the Saints.

81911SC
11-02-2009, 10:29 PM
damn turner

VIP Style
11-02-2009, 10:31 PM
roddy is a bum for dropping that TD catch.
damn turner

tjmhillz
11-02-2009, 10:31 PM
this is def a real good game and it could go either way.

Spectic Tank
11-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Damn, that sucks. Gotta give it up to the Saints though.

VIP Style
11-02-2009, 11:05 PM
the falcons offense could have been better. too many turnovers and bad throws against a team this good.
Damn, that sucks. Gotta give it up to the Saints though.

The Creeper
11-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Haha that onside kick was awesome...

97_c1vic
Falcons recovered!!!!!!!!

The Creeper
If they tie this game, I am ditching the bears for the falcons haha. Maybe not, but it would be fucking awesome.

d16_turbo
11-02-2009, 11:15 PM
this game is so close

The Creeper
11-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Game over, but pretty exciting at the end there.

Spectic Tank
11-02-2009, 11:17 PM
the falcons offense could have been better. too many turnovers and bad throws against a team this good.

Lol. One of those INT's was tipped, and there was obvious pass interference on the first. Please hate somewhere else.

VIP Style
11-02-2009, 11:22 PM
lol a INT is a INT. ball tipped most likely means a bad throw(timing, release, etc.) redskins "should" be a win next week, who cares the ravens spanked the broncos...go ravens!
Lol. One of those INT's was tipped, and there was obvious pass interference on the first. Please hate somewhere else.

Greddypacked
11-02-2009, 11:23 PM
If we didnt miss those 2 Fieldgoals, scored that one td when N.O. interecepted we would have won. It's not that they are better, but you cant make mistakes like that w/ a team like N.O. this year.

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2009, 11:32 PM
If we didnt miss those 2 Fieldgoals, scored that one td when N.O. interecepted we would have won. It's not that they are better, but you cant make mistakes like that w/ a team like N.O. this year.

More importantly, if Jenkins hadn't dropped that (would be) 1st down catch inside the 15 yard line that led to the missed chip shot. Later, QD.

VIP Style
11-02-2009, 11:32 PM
exactly, mistakes definitely killed atl tonight. im sorry but the saints are better, who comes back in a game after being down 20+ points? the saints!

The Creeper
11-02-2009, 11:39 PM
You can't look at all the what ifs of the game. The Saints were the better team tonight, period.

redblackfan
11-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Jenkins made it up and man coy wire is the man

NewGen33
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
If your going to lose a game that's the way to do it. ALL HEART. :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Jenkins made it up and man coy wire is the man

No he didn't.

If your going to lose a game that's the way to do it. ALL HEART. :goodjob:

Exactly. They played all the way down to the end, man. Kudos to the Falcons. Great game Saints. Later, QD.

TypeRPersonality
11-02-2009, 11:50 PM
You can't look at all the what ifs of the game. The Saints were the better team tonight, period.

Everyone knew the Saints were the better team going in, but the Falcons still managed to make them sweat.

Greddypacked
11-03-2009, 08:15 AM

BS. The Falcons just made the improper mistakes. Falcons caught up from 2 TD's were going to take the lead then threw an interception. Field advantage and momentum can make it seem like they are the better team... BUT even a lesser team can appear that way when they have the momentum towards their favor. Saints are good, but the Falcons are just as good. Dont worry when the playoffs near, we will see the teams that step it up and which one's clunk out.

The Creeper
11-03-2009, 09:02 AM
BS. The Falcons just made the improper mistakes. Falcons caught up from 2 TD's were going to take the lead then threw an interception. Field advantage and momentum can make it seem like they are the better team... BUT even a lesser team can appear that way when they have the momentum towards their favor. Saints are good, but the Falcons are just as good. Dont worry when the playoffs near, we will see the teams that step it up and which one's clunk out.

I'm sorry but the Falcons are not as good as the Saints. What makes a good team is a dependable offense, that does not turn the ball over, and a Defense that creates turn overs, and prevents points being scored. Anything can happen in the NFL, everyone knows that, and it would of been a fluke if the Falcons won in my opinion.

quickdodgeŽ
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM
and it would of been a fluke if the Falcons won in my opinion.

I disagree to an extent. Had the Falcons blown out, or even won by two scores, it may have looked like a fluke. But if they had played a little more mistake free (the mistakes that really cost them), then a victory by a TD or less would not have been. Later, QD.

Greddypacked
11-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry but the Falcons are not as good as the Saints. What makes a good team is a dependable offense, that does not turn the ball over, and a Defense that creates turn overs, and prevents points being scored. Anything can happen in the NFL, everyone knows that, and it would of been a fluke if the Falcons won in my opinion.

LOL a DEPENDABLE OFFENSE THAT DOESNT TURN THE BALL OVER. What about that sac/fumble Atlanta's D-fence picked up for the touchdown. What about that fumble N.O. did in the redzone the Falcons picked up on. WHAT ABOUT AT THE END OF THE F>CKING GAME ON THE ONSIDE KICK ATLANTA GOT BACK. PLEASE, CLARIFY YOUR POSTS because your speaking from your ass it seems like.

On top of that Florida Gators ranked number 1 in College ball almost lost to an unranked Arkansas team and had 4 fumble turnovers. Oh but they are ranked number 1 and make no mistakes right. NO MATTER HOW GOOD OF team they are, TO's will happen. Alot of times it happens from a good D, or a careless mistake a player made... it's just part of the game... and this is why we losted yesterday.

S2KJD
11-03-2009, 10:27 AM
^also the intercepetion on the 10 yard line where some major ups were gotten!

that dropped pass by jenkins that would of been 1st and goal and then the missed field goal killed the momemtum for the falcons and the saints got to damn much for anyone to makes errors like that.

saints are a good football team. very explosive...

quickdodgeŽ
11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
saints are a good football team. very explosive...

Exactly. No one is denying how good the Saints are. No one is surprised that they won. Just pointing out that the Falcons had quite a few opportunities to keep it closer and possibly provide for a W in their column. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
11-03-2009, 10:40 AM
game was over when the saints scored 2 touchdowns in 23 seconds at the end of the second half. IMO

S2KJD
11-03-2009, 11:04 AM
No one is denying how good the Saints are. No one is surprised that they won. Just pointing out that the Falcons had quite a few opportunities to keep it closer

yeah thats what i said. earlier posted saints would win and then my last post speaking of momemtum which is what you are saying in other words...

dolphins had best chance of beating them thus far in this season and its to bad they thought they had it wrapped up at 24 to 3 and started playing slack football :(

S2KJD
11-03-2009, 11:08 AM
i love how people vote after the game is already over lol :thinking:

The Creeper
11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
LOL a DEPENDABLE OFFENSE THAT DOESNT TURN THE BALL OVER. What about that sac/fumble Atlanta's D-fence picked up for the touchdown. What about that fumble N.O. did in the redzone the Falcons picked up on. WHAT ABOUT AT THE END OF THE F>CKING GAME ON THE ONSIDE KICK ATLANTA GOT BACK. PLEASE, CLARIFY YOUR POSTS because your speaking from your ass it seems like.

On top of that Florida Gators ranked number 1 in College ball almost lost to an unranked Arkansas team and had 4 fumble turnovers. Oh but they are ranked number 1 and make no mistakes right. NO MATTER HOW GOOD OF team they are, TO's will happen. Alot of times it happens from a good D, or a careless mistake a player made... it's just part of the game... and this is why we losted yesterday.

Let me clarify that then. A team needs a offense that can deliver. The Saint's offense is one of the best in the game right now. That is undeniable. Get over the fact that the falcons lost. They were expected to lose, and guess what, they did lose. Also, the onside kick(which was exciting as hell to watch as a football fan) has nothing to do with offense, but everything to deal with special teams. Who is talking out of their ass?

I wasn't saying at all that a team can't make mistakes to win. All I was saying was that the team that has the least amount of mistakes, and the ability to over-shadow their mistakes usually come out on top. I am well aware that any game, with any teams, can go either way. So get your shitty college football comparison out of here. College football does not compare to professional football in the least.

ItsBlack
11-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I was off by 2 points. But it was a good game, but I only saw until the first half. I had to go to work after that.

Greddypacked
11-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Also, the onside kick(which was exciting as hell to watch as a football fan) has nothing to do with offense, but everything to deal with special teams. Who is talking out of their ass?

ROFL wow you really are lacking the knowledge here... SO LET ME TELL YOU AGAIN. ON THE ONSIDE KICK I WAS REFERRING TO TURNOVERS AS IN GIVING ATLANTA THE BALL ON AN ONSIDE KICK NOT OFFENSE :headslap:. I know Atlanta lost and they did fair and square but im not hearing you out w/ oh the Saints are so much better da da daaaaaaaaa cuz in that game it was pretty much an equivalent game. No one overplayed anyone, it was a gridiron matchup. Atlanta lost on mistakes and TO's not because they are a lesser team. THATS WHAT THE F>CK IM SAYING.

VIP Style
11-03-2009, 09:19 PM
ROFL wow you really are lacking the knowledge here... SO LET ME TELL YOU AGAIN. ON THE ONSIDE KICK I WAS REFERRING TO TURNOVERS AS IN GIVING ATLANTA THE BALL ON AN ONSIDE KICK NOT OFFENSE :headslap:. I know Atlanta lost and they did fair and square but im not hearing you out w/ oh the Saints are so much better da da daaaaaaaaa cuz in that game it was pretty much an equivalent game. No one overplayed anyone, it was a gridiron matchup. Atlanta lost on mistakes and TO's not because they are a lesser team. THATS WHAT THE F>CK IM SAYING.

man im sorry but "this" season, the falcons are not a better team than the saints. we talking about a falcons team that got stomped by the cowboys who really have not proven ish, and a patriots team that was not in sync. on the other hand, the saints have made a fool out of a few good teams(eagles, giants).

Greddypacked
11-04-2009, 08:44 AM
man im sorry but "this" season, the falcons are not a better team than the saints. we talking about a falcons team that got stomped by the cowboys who really have not proven ish, and a patriots team that was not in sync. on the other hand, the saints have made a fool out of a few good teams(eagles, giants).

That's the thing about some of you young people on this site. You dont read thorough-def.-careful and accurate,from end to end, through LOL ENOUGH... LOL once again, I never said they were a better overall team for the whole season, but in this game it was an gridiron match up. If the Falcons won you guys wouldnt say sh!t, and you know what the Falcons could of won. I just said in THIS GAME LOL, for the people that dont read effeciently enough again for the last time im stating, both teams were hand to hand playing some good ball. Falcons lost on mistakes end of discussion on my part. Falcons will probably make a wildcard game if N.O. keeps winning and not losing, but the Falcons will still get a chance if they win regardless of losing the Division. It's called the WILD CARD GAME. BTW their are teams that have went undeafeted most of the season and lost in the playoffs lol... just saying.

Spectic Tank
11-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Saints are a better team than the Falcons, on paper and on the field so far.

But not by much, and the Falcons are in their second year of a rebuilding process. Aint's fans can savor this victory, because they're going to be a lot harder to come by from now on.

The Creeper
11-04-2009, 03:13 PM
That's the thing about some of you young people on this site. You dont read thorough-def.-careful and accurate,from end to end, through LOL ENOUGH... LOL once again, I never said they were a better overall team for the whole season, but in this game it was an gridiron match up. If the Falcons won you guys wouldnt say sh!t, and you know what the Falcons could of won. I just said in THIS GAME LOL, for the people that dont read effeciently enough again for the last time im stating, both teams were hand to hand playing some good ball. Falcons lost on mistakes end of discussion on my part. Falcons will probably make a wildcard game if N.O. keeps winning and not losing, but the Falcons will still get a chance if they win regardless of losing the Division. It's called the WILD CARD GAME. BTW their are teams that have went undeafeted most of the season and lost in the playoffs lol... just saying.

Yea I saw a real "gridiron match up" when the saints scored two touchdowns in 30 seconds:lmfao: In all honesty, it was a good game, it was fun to watch(I don't like either of the teams), and like any game it could of went either way. I still stand by my statement that the saints are a much better football team right now.

The Creeper
11-04-2009, 03:14 PM

Turn overs and mistakes are what make a team "lesser.":goodjob:

1sickdc2
11-04-2009, 04:39 PM
i think matt ryan...needs to get better!

VIP Style
11-05-2009, 10:51 AM
ya know ryan is a fairly decent QB, but when he is under good pressure as we saw in the cowboys and saints game, he really isnt all that good. he needs to work on that.
i think matt ryan...needs to get better!

quickdodgeŽ
11-05-2009, 11:49 AM
ya know ryan is a fairly decent QB, but when he is under good pressure as we saw in the cowboys and saints game, he really isnt all that good. he needs to work on that.

He shows signs of still being a rookie under tremendous pressure. I see him at being 50/50 in those situations. Because just as bad as he does in that spot, he can also be just as good. He just needs to keep improving. And I think he will. He's only in his second year so he's got time to learn still. Later, QD.

Spectic Tank
11-05-2009, 07:37 PM

Not many QB's are that good under pressure. That's the point of pressuring the QB.

ilovemyhonda.
11-06-2009, 10:28 AM
The Saints are my team and I will be at the game in Dec. I can't wait.

Greddypacked
11-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I say Saints dont do as good in the Playoffs. Their schedule isnt very tough this year during the regular season.

ilovemyhonda.
11-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Hater!

VIP Style
11-09-2009, 01:24 AM
exactly. As of right now, matt ryan is not amongst the few or more that are good and affective under great pressure. Teams are going to start catching on to it. rough up ryan, your chances are good at beating the falcons.
Not many QB's are that good under pressure. That's the point of pressuring the QB.

Greddypacked
11-09-2009, 08:33 AM
exactly. As of right now, matt ryan is not amongst the few or more that are good and affective under great pressure. Teams are going to start catching on to it. rough up ryan, your chances are good at beating the falcons.

Ryan will only get better dont worry.

atlxpat
11-09-2009, 04:35 PM
that can be said of any qb, if you start hitting them of course they arent going to like it. lol its no secret in the nfl that if you start attacking the qb you have a chance at winning. thats why patriots/colts are so good - it starts with the O line

you must have a short term memory, last year when the bears came to town and matt ryan slayed 54 bears with 6 seconds left on the clock.