PDA

View Full Version : Misc What is the best way to get some good abs?

Paree4g63
10-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Was wondering what would be the most efficient way to get a 4pack/6pack and tone up my chest. Contour? Ab machines? Or the original way(crunches/situps)? Don't have washboard abs anymore and would like to get in tip top shape. Thanks

neon_ert3
10-29-2009, 06:54 AM
if ur fat u gotta loose weight first. i never understood y fat ppl do sit up thinking there gonna have a 6pak but still be fat everywhere else .....

if u want lean abs just do sit ups, crunches, etc. if u want strong bulky abs, add some weight to your ab work out, ex. leg raises with ankle weights, sit ups with 45lb plate, u see what i did there?

.93lude
10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
in addition to the ab workouts, make sure you run, you can build up all the muscle you want in your core but if theres fat on top of it, you dont get the visual appeal that you're after

Paree4g63
10-29-2009, 02:33 PM
if ur fat u gotta loose weight first. i never understood y fat ppl do sit up thinking there gonna have a 6pak but still be fat everywhere else .....

if u want lean abs just do sit ups, crunches, etc. if u want strong bulky abs, add some weight to your ab work out, ex. leg raises with ankle weights, sit ups with 45lb plate, u see what i did there?

haha, I ain't fat, just been lazy the last two years and my abs and chest ain't so flat anymore. My goal is to just get cut, not bulky. A nice thick cut would be nice with a 4pack/6pack. Would be nice to just have a athlete's body. Is it wise to do situps first or do some cardio to make my abs flat again? I was thinking it'll turn into good muscle if I have some small fat around.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
10-30-2009, 10:57 AM
mensfitness.com theres a buncha ab workouts on there.

Sammich
10-30-2009, 10:59 AM
STOP EATING

cbr900rrguy
10-30-2009, 12:40 PM
or be this guy. my inspiration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Jqxuk2zGk

Greddypacked
10-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Running and 100 crunches a day. Do each 5 days a week.

EJdm
10-30-2009, 11:09 PM

LOL that was good...:lmfao:

ItsBlack
10-31-2009, 03:01 AM
Ive only been doin this routine for about a week, but I can see and feel the difference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOri5Tlm23c

BluesClues
10-31-2009, 03:24 AM
^^^ Pretty good vid. Makes me want to start the routine as well lol

5speed
10-31-2009, 04:30 PM
crunches helpe me the best and hang from a pull-up bar and raise your knees to your chest. I stated off doing 100 of each a day for a week then it got easy. Then moved on to 200, then 500, then 1000 cuz it gets alot easier. I was getting ripped, but then quit and got a gut lol I need to start again. It sounds like a lot of work but just do them every commercial on tv or something like I did!

punkr6
10-31-2009, 04:32 PM
LIPO...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/stonebag/liposuction.gif

Kevykev
11-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Reduce Your Fat intake as well. Nothing like people who workout and eat like slobs lol

95alty
11-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Some good advice on here...

If your trying to cut i recommend hitting those abs as much as possible. They are a muscle group that needs no break. Continually breathe when doing ab exercises in an exhale during the release and an inhale in the motion of the workout. This will cause your abs to contract and receive oxygen. Along with the normal "crunches" imply things that add weight to a crunch such as putting 10 lb weight on your chest and doing 10 crunches then taking the weight off immediately and do 10 more crunches. I do this to get my "largely sized" ab muscles. Instead of the flat ones i have the more round yet sizely abs. Also incorporate a better diet because your fat to calorie intake has to supplement the parts you want to train. Nice Abs= Low Carbs/Fats. Carbs get absorbed as energy unless it is used and then is transformed into fat. Just remember kill your abs they will forgive you when they are what you want. Plyometric exercises tone the core such as push ups where you go down and in the upward motion you push off the ground an sort of jump to do the 'clap' in the air. Tones the hell out of your chest. PLANKS!!! planks are also good- go into the normal push up position but instead of being on your arms rest on your forearms and contract your abs for time intervals. Rest then do it again... but enough of my useless bla blah blah theres plenty of exercises out there but diet is key.

Kevykev
11-01-2009, 09:25 AM
. I do this to get my "largely sized" ab muscles. Instead of the flat ones i have the more round yet sizely abs.

Yeah whatever man, sure you've got abs.

know one knows what i did there as yet

95alty
11-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah whatever man, sure you've got abs.

know one knows what i did there as yet

lol :2up: hahaha i still owe you lunch dont I?

FAM0U5
11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Running and 100 crunches a day. Do each 5 days a week.

this is part what i do..

RBS
11-01-2009, 01:44 PM
draw it with a marker ..

wrekonize
11-01-2009, 04:37 PM
they sell abs at party city just like the guys from the movie 300

draw it with a marker ..

Greddypacked
11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
this is part what i do..

It works. It really did for me, now I have more energy, alot stronger, run faster and longer, and feel better. I also look in really good shape again. Really is the way to go.