PDA

View Full Version : When Building Oil Pressure in the block...How?

teh_mugen18
10-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Wehn you first build an engine, i know about building the pressure up in the block before you even get to start it... But the question that i have is where should i install the sensor for my oil pressure gauge? I only ask this because on the VTEC heads, there is also a port there that can be used for verifying oil pressure, in addition to the one on the back of the block. So, i was wondering which hole would be better for monitoring things inside the motor?

Barefoot
10-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Wehn you first build an engine, i know about building the pressure up in the block before you even get to start it... But the question that i have is where should i install the sensor for my oil pressure gauge? I only ask this because on the VTEC heads, there is also a port there that can be used for verifying oil pressure, in addition to the one on the back of the block. So, i was wondering which hole would be better for monitoring things inside the motor?is it for a permanent gauge or a hand held.

JJSPEC Racing
10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
The one in the back of the block is in a passage that feeds the engine's lube system. I would use that one. Make sure to spin the engine with the ignition diabled till you see some pressure on a new engine.

teh_mugen18
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
is it for a permanent gauge or a hand held.

Permanent

JJSPEC Racing
10-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Permanent

Def in the back of the block then.

teh_mugen18
10-28-2009, 12:46 PM
OK, Thanks' Yall :cheers:

Barefoot
10-28-2009, 02:20 PM
:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
Def in the back of the block then.

kain
10-28-2009, 09:46 PM
anything after the oilpump.

i have mine on the oil filter pedistal. but... i have a different engine so i dont know.