PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem

Brut
10-27-2009, 03:25 PM
I have a 94 RS. Yesterday when I tried to start the car, it made a loud grinding noise. I stopped tried to turn it over again it did the same thing again but then it finally started. Later hen I tried to turn the car on again it made the loud grinding noise but now it won't turn over. Now when I try to start the car it doesn't make the grinding noise. It makes a winning noise every time I try to turn it over.

Not sure what's wrong possibly a bad starter? I have been push starting the car everwhere I go now abs it's starting to be a bitch..

Barefoot
10-27-2009, 03:28 PM
the gear on the starter is fucked. u might have damaged the ring gear on the fylwheel/flex plate also.

Master Shake
10-27-2009, 05:39 PM
^exactly.

either way you're gonna have to unbolt the trans and block to see what kind of damage you did. but just for future reference, when you start and hear a grinding noise. don't do it again. you're just fucking yourself by paying for new parts.

on a lighter note, new parts FTW! :lmao:

jdm>usdm
10-27-2009, 08:10 PM
There should be a plate on the side of the bottom of the tranny facing the engine. Pull it off and youll be able to see your flywheel. If the teeth look fine, then just replace the starter. If they dont look fine, then you now have a fantastic excuse to upgrade to a light weight flywheel! yeetyeet

Brut
10-28-2009, 03:16 PM
It was the starter replaced it with another starts perfect now. I already have a light weight flywheel. I wa hoping I wasn't going to need a new one cause I had just installed this one not long ago.

Barefoot
10-28-2009, 05:25 PM
It was the starter replaced it with another starts perfect now. I already have a light weight flywheel. I wa hoping I wasn't going to need a new one cause I had just installed this one not long ago.
np