PDA

View Full Version : How?

donovan772
10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
How do people street race and not get caught? I know they just don't race when cops are around and everything but how do they know?:thinking:I'm affraid I'll get caught my luck just sucks:(

bowdown201
10-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Theres never a gaurantee you wont get caught. Thats the risk you take. Secluded areas are always a start though

donovan772
10-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Theres never a gaurantee you wont get caught. Thats the risk you take. Secluded areas are always a start though

See I'm new to the scene so idk where all those are

[Reckless]
10-26-2009, 03:49 PM
My advice is just hang out where people hang.
Usually when runs go down they go to favorite spot for the area but like bowdown stated there isn't a guarantee on whether or not you'll get caught.
Unless you're willing to face the consequences of running on the streets then its something you may not want to venture into.

Slomaro Z28
10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Easy, just close the road you wanna race on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afIaj7wizGk

Jason..
10-26-2009, 03:55 PM
How do people street race and not get caught? I know they just don't race when cops are around and everything but how do they know?:thinking:I'm affraid I'll get caught my luck just sucks:(
Race around 285 you wont get cought:goodjob:

donovan772
10-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Easy, just close the road you wanna race on

lololol

should I just get a police scanner?

Slomaro Z28
10-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I "know" a guy who raced down 41 and passed two Emerson Police doing 130.......they didn't even try. So my advice would be go as fast as you can and they won't bother you :goodjob:

No but really, just gotta be able to face the outcome if you get caught.

Lankhoss
10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Chances are, if you are in an area where innocent people aren't going to be bothered or endangered by what you're doing, you probably won't get caught.

And what I mean by that is, just find some place out in the middle of nowhere to do it....don't act like all of Atlanta Metro wants to watch you guys run on the road next to them while they're trying to get where they're going. USUALLY cops aren't out there, and if they find out what you're doing...it has been my experience that they are usually pretty cool about it, as long as you're not racing around other commuters.

Stol3n
10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
as Lankhoss said there is no guarantee you won't get caught. some have better luck than others. it is smart(er) to race at the wee hours of the night after 1am on a road where traffic is not an issue. scan the area before running and make yours runs then get the fuck outta there. don't get all greedy just because you didn't get caught this one time. change spots frequently and cut down on the crowd/people you tell and chose to race.

Lurker
10-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Ninja skills son, ninja skills.

punkr6
10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
wow, the level of stupidity here is amazing. So you wanna be a street racer huh ? Do you really wanna risk loosing your license, killing yourself and put other peoples lives in danger ? Be a real man and take it to a track and post up some time slips....

Lankhoss
10-26-2009, 05:22 PM
wow, the level of stupidity here is amazing. So you wanna be a street racer huh ? Do you really wanna risk loosing your license, killing yourself and put other peoples lives in danger ? Be a real man and take it to a track and post up some time slips....

Yeah, I think he does wanna take those chances. I believe that's why he asked....

GirlieZ
10-26-2009, 05:33 PM
i know plenty who have got caught, and get caught again and again.

comes down to people are gonna do what they want regardless, you just have to pay to play

ueyedgr8tness
10-26-2009, 05:56 PM
lol! trust me donovan its best to keep it at the track other wise u end up like me.putting cars in your family's name because insurance is way to high and paying more in fines every yr than u pay for the car u drive.At the end of the day the track is just safer and u don't have to risk loosing yo license:)

On the other hand if you just want to do it anyway and don't care about yo license then u can just live out in the country like i am living now and havent been caught yet because the cops to lazy to come out here:)

punkr6
10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
the fact that your on a public forum asking how to get away with illegal activity, tells me that your street racing days are numbered anyway....

ueyedgr8tness
10-26-2009, 06:27 PM
^ lol i 2nd that...

donovan772
10-26-2009, 07:32 PM

Actually. I do plan on leaving it at the track, I've planned on that for a LONG time. I know it's stupid to street race, I've never street raced. But have I been in the car while other people do it, yes, but I tried to tell them not to and they don't listen. I just don't get how people street race all the time and don't get caught.

ueyedgr8tness
10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
^ they use that spray shit in a can that u spray on yo car before u leave to race.I want to say it is called~copoff~ u can buy it at yo friendly wal mart in the department where they stock the tampons shit works wonders ask punkr6 he no about it...

punkr6
10-26-2009, 08:33 PM
^ they use that spray shit in a can that u spray on yo car before u leave to race.I want to say it is called~copoff~ u can buy it at yo friendly wal mart in the department where they stock the tampons shit works wonders ask punkr6 he no about it...

:ninja: I kill you....

donovan772
10-26-2009, 08:43 PM
:ninja: I kill you....
lol:lmfao:

btstone
10-26-2009, 10:33 PM
i know that I, my buddies, and my good aquaintences(spelling) have never raced on the street and never plan to

Dwisforme05
10-27-2009, 08:29 AM
you can always skip the street and race at the dragstrip...

punkr6
10-27-2009, 08:30 AM
i know that I, my buddies, and my good aquaintences(spelling) have never raced on the street and never plan to

lol....I see what you did there...

02SloWrx
10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
When I was stupid and street raced, this is how we did it. We would find a road, send 2 people down the road to check for cops, when the reach the end of the road, they would give us some sort of signal that its clean. Line them up, run them down the street, and that was it.

Slomaro Z28
10-27-2009, 01:46 PM
I have a friend of the family who was racing, the guy he was racing hit a car and killed the people in it.......he did some time for manslaughter. Going to jail isn't the only price to be paid, your life, or someone else.

02SloWrx
10-27-2009, 01:59 PM
^^

I see how he learned his lesson.

I learned mine when i lost my DL for 6 months, man that sucked. Now imagine how much it sucked for your friend.

Lankhoss
10-27-2009, 02:14 PM
I have a friend of the family who was racing, the guy he was racing hit a car and killed the people in it.......he did some time for manslaughter. Going to jail isn't the only price to be paid, your life, or someone else.

Welp, that's why you don't race around other vehicles that aren't involved.

Slomaro Z28
10-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Welp, that's why you don't race around other vehicles that aren't involved.

Did you ever think that maybe the car wasn't there when they started racing, it came off a side road and got t-boned.

Lankhoss
10-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Did you ever think that maybe the car wasn't there when they started racing, it came off a side road and got t-boned.

Yes, I did. Which is exactly like it sounds like the guy was a fucking RETARD for even thinking an area with cross streets is safe.

ueyedgr8tness
10-27-2009, 04:38 PM
^ lol true..

Slomaro Z28
10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes, I did. Which is exactly like it sounds like the guy was a fucking RETARD for even thinking an area with cross streets is safe.

Yeah, and he paid for being stupid. And when it happens to you someone you don't know will say, "he was a fucking retard for street racing". The point wasn't if it was stupid or not, unexpected shit can happen. Maybe if I said he hit a deer and killed a passenger it wouldn't be stupid since there weren't cross roads.

I don't really care where people race, my point was there is more to pay with than jail......and if you wanna risk it, just be willing to face the shit.

Evil Goat
10-27-2009, 05:51 PM
i probably would if my circumstances were different...but as it sits i have to have a license where i work. i make good money, have killer hours, and shit tons of benefits so in the end it's just not worth it

i've stopped my ragging on people who do so a long time ago....there are different types in the street racing crowd....those who will race in rush hour and those who take it to a country road in the middle of night....if you take it to the empty road in the middle of nowhere in the middle of night then more power to you....

Lankhoss
10-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, and he paid for being stupid. And when it happens to you someone you don't know will say, "he was a fucking retard for street racing". The point wasn't if it was stupid or not, unexpected shit can happen. Maybe if I said he hit a deer and killed a passenger it wouldn't be stupid since there weren't cross roads.

I don't really care where people race, my point was there is more to pay with than jail......and if you wanna risk it, just be willing to face the shit.

And my point is, stupidity and street racing are two different things.

There is a danger to racing on the street, that's greater than following traffic laws on the street....but it is very minor (assuming there aren't other cars involved).

When CHOOSING to race in an area where things out of your control....such as pedestrians and other cars....that is just plain stupid, no matter who you are. There's always the possibility of a deer jumping out, and there's NOTHING you can do about it (save putting those whistler things on the front of your bumper lol).

There are risks to racing on the street, but there are risks in ANYTHING you do. Be smart, and eliminate as many of those as you can....that's all I am saying.

AnthonyF
10-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I always see videos of people closing down highways, going down long strips of road during the daylight with TONS of people around and NOOO cops. Like...WHAT THE FUCK? Where are they? lol

-Ant.

ejohnson88
10-28-2009, 08:54 AM
^ I have always wondered the same thing...

Dwisforme05
10-29-2009, 03:11 AM
i just dont see why people dont go to the damn track. i mean you pay 10-20 bucks, race legally, have time for your car to cool, no bullshit, and timeslips for proof. there is more to racing then just 3 honks and gunning it. if u have a bit slower car then your buddy and you tree him like mad you got a shot of winning. i guess its just me that gets more of a thrill racing on a dragstrip.

dont get me wrong ive fooled around on the street too. even had my fare share of street races in the past but loosing my license would drive me nuts. not worth it to me. and i work 35 miles away from my house so that would suck too lol

DeeAOne
10-29-2009, 03:51 AM
I always see videos of people closing down highways, going down long strips of road during the daylight with TONS of people around and NOOO cops. Like...WHAT THE FUCK? Where are they? lol

-Ant.same here. lol
perfect example! lmao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyP4C_IxcvY

i couldnt imagine losing my license..

Humphrizzle
10-29-2009, 04:02 AM
THIS CAR IS SEXY IN YOUR SIGNATURE!

SmackedInATL
10-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Boat Rock is always an option.

punkr6
10-29-2009, 06:51 AM
i just dont see why people dont go to the damn track. i mean you pay 10-20 bucks, race legally, have time for your car to cool, no bullshit, and timeslips for proof.

because their cars are slow as balls, and they are afraid to post up times...

SmackedInATL
10-29-2009, 06:54 AM
because their cars are slow as balls, and they are afraid to post up times...

Lol, what do you run? Back to the WL you go.

BABY J
10-29-2009, 11:50 AM
There is this road called the downtown connector if you leave the varsity heading north. I usually get it down right there.