PDA

View Full Version : General Chat The ole "fuck this im done" status..

JITB
10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
You ever come to a point where u want to chill out on the car.. and just do some other shit..

ive spent soo much more money on tires, and getting tires mounted. than i have on any other stuff for my car..:(. i just feel like im wasting money for nothing. But i cant afford to keep throwing money away on tires.... I feel like going back to stock , and just driving...:cry:

Elbow
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Nope, never been there. Although most my "car money" doesn't go INTO my car lol.

bdydrpdmazda
10-25-2009, 04:35 PM
tires can put a huge dent in the wallet. I got frustrated with my old S10 and sold it hella cheap cause I was so tired of dealing with it.

JITB
10-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Nope, never been there. Although most my "car money" doesn't go INTO my car lol.

how does that work!

teach me that method!

tires can put a huge dent in the wallet. I got frustrated with my old S10 and sold it hella cheap cause I was so tired of dealing with it.

i feel that!

punkr6
10-25-2009, 04:39 PM
my projects seem to last forever, so every once and a while, I just chill and get some new tattoo work....

Da_unknown
10-25-2009, 04:48 PM
i have been,there hell am at that point right now again...

Elbow
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM
how does that work!

teach me that method!

i feel that!

Not really modifying it much and spending money on entry fees for events and renting other peoples cars. :goodjob:

SUBY_RUE
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Any hobby=money pit....

punkr6
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Any hobby=money pit....

truff

bdydrpdmazda
10-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Any hobby=money pit....
hobbies are win but they are money pits for sure...

Da_unknown
10-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Any hobby=money pit....thats for dam sure...:yes::yes:

bluuuurr
10-25-2009, 05:12 PM
sometimes i look around at my small ass tv, my ps2, my slow ass stone-aged computer, basically my overall lack of other personal amusement besides cars and wonder wtf I've been thinking over the years and that I wish I hadn't chucked so much money into cars. lol.. I don't even have a cool/fast car right now.. I have a half ass put together project that I can't seem to muster up the extra dough or time to finish with a mortgage and another car payment. *pulls hair out* I guess it all works out in the end though.. lol

40th GT
10-25-2009, 06:13 PM
I've felt that before, and still kinda feelin it.
I think my tires are expensive enough, so I can't imagine how bad it is for you.

But then if it weren't for our hobbies, I guess we'd be bored as fuck lol.

FAM0U5
10-25-2009, 06:17 PM
i cant go there gone to far... to look back.

Ziptied
10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh yes, several times have I been there. I always come back to it though.

eraser4g63
10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I am there now.

blackboi50
10-26-2009, 01:28 PM
yea man!! i feel ya!!! thats why i havent done shit to my car in about a year now!!!.....time to move on to other things!! like finishing school and getting into a career!!!....1

JITB
10-26-2009, 01:33 PM
yea man!! i feel ya!!! thats why i havent done shit to my car in about a year now!!!.....time to move on to other things!! like finishing school and getting into a career!!!....1

word...

blackboi50
10-26-2009, 01:37 PM
word...

just the way u have your car now!! Keep it like that for about a year!! dont do shit!! dont get tempted....then tell me how much money u saved!!!......was nice to see 2 grand sittin in front of me!!! :D...1

JITB
10-26-2009, 01:41 PM
just the way u have your car now!! Keep it like that for about a year!! dont do shit!! dont get tempted....then tell me how much money u saved!!!......was nice to see 2 grand sittin in front of me!!! :D...1

im prob gonna put it back to stock height, and sell the wheels.. and ride!

ill prob tint the windows, and finish the audio.. But i cant afford to drive the car at the height with the camber wear.... thats the problem..:( ill be back in school in spring so that will take up my time...

blackboi50
10-26-2009, 01:44 PM
im prob gonna put it back to stock height, and sell the wheels.. and ride!

ill prob tint the windows, and finish the audio.. But i cant afford to drive the car at the height with the camber wear.... thats the problem..:( ill be back in school in spring so that will take up my time...

yea......u gotta do whats more cost friendly sometimes!!!.....:( sucks cuz i love the way your car looks!!!!....1

Nerdsrock22
10-26-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm so happy this isn't just me. Every couple months or so I get in this mood where I want to sell everything and buy a pick-up. Problem for me isn't tires, its the car payment and insurance.

SiRed94
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
I have pretty much gotten there with cars completely. I am just like "Fuck it, what's the point?" I feel like all of the stuff I have done to cars over the years was a tremendous waste of money. Yeah, it was fun and I like getting props, but really, neither of those outweighs the costs to me anymore. I am ready to start exerting effort on making money instead of spending it.

87 Turbo II
10-26-2009, 02:32 PM
why are you going through tires so damn fast?

JITB
10-26-2009, 03:15 PM
why are you going through tires so damn fast?

Im thinking its camber wear, but its just extreme. And the car being so old. it doesnt hold an alignment for too long, due to all the worn suspension parts. And they are so expensive to replace.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jitb37/my929/work/100_0437-1.jpg

EL42
10-27-2009, 11:40 AM
jeez,i knew it was bad but i didn't know it was this bad. well if and when you do go back to "stock" before hand get videos of the car the way you had it.

Andy_013
10-27-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm it that point now, I don't want to change anything in on the civic. I don't really care if my wheels are "play out" because they work just fine. The car is just my daily driver, so I don't care if most of the parts are couple years old.

87 Turbo II
10-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah, this is why I chose to remain an enthusiast, without CRAZY lowered cars, retarded high camber angles, or thin sidewalls. You know what you can do to reduce that camber wear....

JITB
10-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, this is why I chose to remain an enthusiast, without CRAZY lowered cars, retarded high camber angles, or thin sidewalls. You know what you can do to reduce that camber wear....

back to stock height?

87 Turbo II
10-27-2009, 02:40 PM
back to stock height?

doesn't have to be stock height, but a more moderate drop. I bet you could sell whatever you used to lower to that height to get a modest well developed 1-2 inch kit.

blackboi50
10-27-2009, 02:41 PM
doesn't have to be stock height, but a more moderate drop. I bet you could sell whatever you used to lower to that height to get a modest well developed 1-2 inch kit.

hahahhhha this is funny!!! waits for JITB!!! :lmfao:...1

87 Turbo II
10-27-2009, 02:50 PM
hahahhhha this is funny!!! waits for JITB!!! :lmfao:...1

I don't get teh lulz?

JITB
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM

whenever u find a 1-2 inch kit let me know!!!:D

but that was my plan...but the car has a sky high stance...we will see what happens!

Seun
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
You ever come to a point where u want to chill out on the car.. and just do some other shit..

yep, ive got a hatch thats been sitting in my parents back yard for 4 years . recently just starting to complete it just to put up for sale.

EL42
10-27-2009, 05:34 PM
a compromise in suspension does sound like the answer.:dunno:

secondgencamaro
10-28-2009, 12:59 AM
I assume you have coil-overs. Just pick it up high enough to where you can get a decent alignment and get one with a warranty until you can replace your worn out suspension pieces. Also, with the warranty, you can slam it out for meets and just get everything lined up again when you pick it back up. I personally don't care for the style that you're going with for your car, but I certainly don't like stock.

DeeAOne
10-28-2009, 01:25 AM
we have all been there.

imo, get used tires if you go through them so much. decent tread for a fraction of the price. i have yet to by a set of new tires in my lifetime. lol

Catnip
10-28-2009, 01:34 AM
I just spent $150 on a tattoo instead of a bumper and fenders. WTF is up with this shit?

Although a week or so I paid $700 for wheels, $150 for exhaust, and some little things.

DeeAOne
10-28-2009, 01:36 AM
whoa tat? dont tell me you got that butterfly on your back you have been talking about.

:ninja:

Catnip
10-28-2009, 01:38 AM
whoa tat? dont tell me you got that butterfly on your back you have been talking about.

:ninja:

Go on myspace. I posted it :gay:

JITB
10-28-2009, 02:07 AM
I assume you have coil-overs. Just pick it up high enough to where you can get a decent alignment and get one with a warranty until you can replace your worn out suspension pieces. Also, with the warranty, you can slam it out for meets and just get everything lined up again when you pick it back up. I personally don't care for the style that you're going with for your car, but I certainly don't like stock.

no coils.. i havent been able to get my hands on a set...if i could find a set i would have been had them.. i got an alignment with the height.. but the camber cant be corrected..."its too extreme" quoted (kauffman tire)

Humphrizzle
10-28-2009, 02:09 AM

ive spent soo much more money on tires, and getting tires mounted. than i have on any other stuff for my car..:(. i just feel like im wasting money for nothing. But i cant afford to keep throwing money away on tires.... I feel like going back to stock , and just driving...:cry:

yep.. that how i feel right now.. until i am living comfortably with a perfectly RUNNING car, i am fine with the way it looks as long as i take care of the paint and keep the interior lookin mighty fresh.

TheChosenOne
10-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Stay strong brotha! There's a reason that you always come back to it, and it's cause you love you car! Well, at least I love mine. Money comes and goes, but true passion is irreplaceable. ;)

EL42
10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
"its too extreme" quoted (kauffman tire)
:2up: i hate kauffman tire. "we can't do this" "we don't do that" jus sayin.....at least the one in stone mountain

secondgencamaro
10-29-2009, 11:23 AM
no coils.. i havent been able to get my hands on a set...if i could find a set i would have been had them.. i got an alignment with the height.. but the camber cant be corrected..."its too extreme" quoted (kauffman tire)

What is your car dropped on now? There has got to be a way to get a milder drop until you find some coil-overs and replace the worn out suspension pieces.

Like I said before: I'm not one for big wheels and the VIP thing, but in the end your car is your car and you want it be different from somebody else's car. That makes you a car person and I hate to see somebody giving up on their hobby.

JITB
10-29-2009, 11:59 AM
What is your car dropped on now? There has got to be a way to get a milder drop until you find some coil-overs and replace the worn out suspension pieces.

Like I said before: I'm not one for big wheels and the VIP thing, but in the end your car is your car and you want it be different from somebody else's car. That makes you a car person and I hate to see somebody giving up on their hobby.

cut springs now. i was gonna try and do heat on another set of springs, but not as low. Until i can stumble upon some used coils. the only spring still available for the 9 is the tein, and the drop is 1 inch.. and that does nothing for me...everything else is discountinued. or hard to get... i aint gonna quit, maybe take a break!

secondgencamaro
10-29-2009, 12:30 PM
cut springs now. i was gonna try and do heat on another set of springs, but not as low. Until i can stumble upon some used coils. the only spring still available for the 9 is the tein, and the drop is 1 inch.. and that does nothing for me...everything else is discountinued. or hard to get... i aint gonna quit, maybe take a break!

I'd just get another set out of the junkyard and cut fewer coils out. Heating springs would give you inconsistent results, I would think.

AnthonyF
11-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Higher treadwear tires?

I got 100k miles out of my BFGoodwich KDW-2's with burnouts, "drifts", stupid shit, etc...

-Ant.

YoshiFD3S
11-03-2009, 09:14 AM
If I blow my motor before I get my re-enlistment bonus I'll pretty much say "Fuck this.." and take a break.

:P

NAIZBST
11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
i have been,there hell am at that point right now again...

always there

Dirty Octopus™
11-03-2009, 08:03 PM
After getting fucked out of suspension... YEs. I'm done.

Arm&hammer
11-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm so lucky tires for my car are $50 each. Even though i cant drive my car. :(

boosted_nonv
11-03-2009, 08:22 PM
man this is exactly how i feel right now, just more focused on my family and school thats my priority now, and as you can see in my pic i've move from a 2dr integra to a 4dr VOLVO:D

mp5o
11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Just have your tires flipped when the it starts to get about low on the inside... That way you can get double the life...

Logan
11-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey man, you need to adjust your toe.

Camber does not wear your tires out nearly as much if your toe is correct. I got 15k out of Falkens and I had ALOT of camber.

JITB
11-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey man, you need to adjust your toe.

Camber does not wear your tires out nearly as much if your toe is correct. I got 15k out of Falkens and I had ALOT of camber.

i was adjusting it almost every other week myself. And i got my toe adjusted at kauffman before. And i dont think they did a great job, because of the one i went to. but after that i did my toe adjustments on my own in the driveway. it helpd alot... But i think next time im taking it to the other kauffman this time.. but also ihave a few things in the front end i still need to replace...because i thinks its whats causing it not to hold a proper alignment.

87 Turbo II
11-04-2009, 01:20 AM
You could try a set of poly suspension bushings, or stock replacement bushings if nobody makes a poly set for your car, as well as new tie rod ends and possibly ball joints, see if that will hold your alignments better and keep the suspension and steering nice and tight too. Also talk to the people at Grand Torismo east, I heard they are very helpful, they might know more about what they're doing than Kauffman since you keep saying they're not doing things right for you.

gtikid
11-04-2009, 01:31 AM
You could try a set of poly suspension bushings, or stock replacement bushings if nobody makes a poly set for your car, as well as new tie rod ends and possibly ball joints, see if that will hold your alignments better and keep the suspension and steering nice and tight too. Also talk to the people at Grand Torismo east, I heard they are very helpful, they might know more about what they're doing than Kauffman since you keep saying they're not doing things right for you.

Gran Turismo East can lick balls. They'll tell you that your car is too low to go on their rack, serves no purpose, and to raise it up past stock height for them to be able to work on it. Gran Turismo East FTL

87 Turbo II
11-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Gran Turismo East can lick balls. They'll tell you that your car is too low to go on their rack, serves no purpose, and to raise it up past stock height for them to be able to work on it. Gran Turismo East FTL

I've had 2 very close friends give me a positive review on them, aligning some slammed cars with very adjustable suspension setups. Maybe you got hold of their worst mechanic, or maybe they have gone downhill, or gotten better since you went? I am just going off of recommendation my old room mate and my cousin gave me as well as being friends with the chick who works the front desk there.

gtikid
11-04-2009, 02:40 AM
I've had 2 very close friends give me a positive review on them, aligning some slammed cars with very adjustable suspension setups. Maybe you got hold of their worst mechanic, or maybe they have gone downhill, or gotten better since you went? I am just going off of recommendation my old room mate and my cousin gave me as well as being friends with the chick who works the front desk there.

I took both of my old cars there for alignments and they did it no problem. I used to praise GTE. I took the s2000 over there and whoever I dealt with gave me a damn lecture about my car being too low. I didn't go there for a lecture, I went there for an alignment. He tells me, "we align race cars that are this low, but they serve a purpose." Are you kidding me? Low is low. I had the worst time and I will do what I can so no one else goes there. I'm not the only one who's had a bad experience either. I had a friend with a BMW 335i take his car there too, and they gave him the same trouble they gave me. And his car is NOWHERE near as low is mine. His has a mild drop. Place is terrible, old school rack, and a terrible driveway to pull into

speedminded
11-04-2009, 03:57 AM
no coils.. i havent been able to get my hands on a set...if i could find a set i would have been had them.. i got an alignment with the height.. but the camber cant be corrected..."its too extreme" quoted (kauffman tire)A spring is just that, a spring...a single piece of metal. You're telling me no other car has a spring with the same inside diameter as your car?

Me86Rob
11-04-2009, 05:29 AM
My wagon eats tires like godzilla eats asian ppl

JJSPEC Racing
11-04-2009, 08:32 AM
I took most of last year and about half of this year off to focus on other things. I drove stuff that was boring, got me from point a to b, got decent gas mileage and was decently reliable. I finally got the opportunity to put some things together I had sitting around and built a fun little car that gets me from point a to b, gets decent gas mileage and is decently reliable. Plus it is extremely fun. Sometimes a to b is from the Christmas Tree to the traps, or it may be from the shop to the parts store. The best advice I can give is to walk away for about a week, drive something else for that time, dont even look at the car and when you come back it will be better. Believe me, it really does work.

JITB
11-04-2009, 12:10 PM
A spring is just that, a spring...a single piece of metal. You're telling me no other car has a spring with the same inside diameter as your car?

i dont want a spring i want a coilover.....ive got a few ideas that might work..

speedminded
11-04-2009, 12:54 PM
i dont want a spring i want a coilover.....ive got a few ideas that might work..Coil-over sleeves are like $10, spot weld a perch lower on a shock and you're good to go...cheap coil-over dampener.

JITB
11-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Coil-over sleeves are like $10, spot weld a perch lower on a shock and you're good to go...cheap coil-over dampener.

that aitn the problem its the strut i can easily get a coil over sleeve.. but its just gonna blow the struts and bottom out..