PDA

View Full Version : buzzing fuse box(240sx)

HypnoToad
10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
i have a 89 240, the fuse box by the kick panel is buzzing.....but only does it when sitting still or when coming to stop(brake and pushing clutch in)the ebrake light is faintly on when this happen as is the battery light,also when u take the rpm over 3k all the lights begin to dim.

well i went through all the fuses,and when i pulled the meter fuse for all the gauges the buzzing goes away and no dimmin of lights at any rpm.

i thought might be a alt,but the car has been sitting for 2 weeks and it cranks up right away everytime.

im pretty lost on this one.

Barefoot
10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
are the brake lights working correct

HypnoToad
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM
not great they seem to have the same dimming thing,ive also changed two bulbs in them and i blew the fuse that controls my gauge lights and taillights.

Barefoot
10-25-2009, 05:11 PM
u got a wiring issue going on in there some place. get a diagram an have at it. if i get a minute ill post up 1. lmk what relay is clicking, the fuse(s) that are blowing and all systems effected.

HypnoToad
10-25-2009, 05:18 PM
the buzzing sounds like it is the meter fuse,and like i said when its removed......everything works perfect,yea im thinking it wiring somewhere........also car has a aftermarket cd player,which kinda gets me thinking maybe someone could have messed it up installing that.

only fuse that has blown is one that controls the taillights and gauage lights.

the things it does is,ebrake faintly is on and is a the battery light which flashes faintly,gauge lights dim,headlights dim,dome light dim,i mean they basicly flash while dimming,and the buzzing sound.

thanks for the help.

slostang
10-25-2009, 11:11 PM
put full coverage on it, shove rag into gas tank, ignite said rag, profit.

*EFilliated*
10-26-2009, 07:25 AM
i had the same kinda noise from under my dash. it was my main relay frying:D

MongolPup
10-26-2009, 07:28 AM
put full coverage on it, shove rag into gas tank, ignite said rag, profit.

Do this and we'll come to your trial.

HypnoToad
10-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Do this and we'll come to your trial.

for me or the defense?lol