PDA

View Full Version : So I can't be a fan of Georgia Tech anymore...

quickdodge®
10-25-2009, 02:02 AM
According to a graduate of the school of Engineering, via my REP BOX, I can't be a Tech fan because I didn't go there. Actually he said that I didn't go "their." All these years of rooting for the Jackets have been a waste it would seem. I guess I have to start cheering for Florida Atlantic University or Georgia State. This will also be a huge ball-buster for colleges and universities around the nation all the fans of these schools aren't really legit unless they actually went there or graduated from there.

Fuck damn shithead bitch fuck!

GO FAU Anthropology TEAM!!!!Later, QD.

dtmcnamara
10-25-2009, 02:11 AM
lol. their

81911SC
10-25-2009, 02:12 AM
I LOL'ed at "their".

punkr6
10-25-2009, 02:17 AM
I can no longer like New York style pizza, cause I've never been there...

-EnVus-
10-25-2009, 02:32 AM
I can no longer like New York style pizza, cause I've never been there...
just go down on a chick from New York it taste about the same...

punkr6
10-25-2009, 02:34 AM
just go down on a chick from New York it taste about the same...

lol, ok...

The Ren
10-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Dammit QD.. so you're telling me I can't be a fan of Penn State anymore because I didn't go there (even if my boyfriend did?).. What a crotch kick.

Humphrizzle
10-25-2009, 07:35 AM
then im not allowed to like any college sports..

quickdodge®
10-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Fucked up huh, Ren. I mean, I remember back in 1987, I went with a friend to a Fat Boys concert (at the Omni) and we were both jumped by a pretty nice gang. They took my brand new GT hat that I had just bought that day (I had went to a GT/UNC football game earlier that day) and our tickets to the concert. Told us not to tell anyone or they would get us. We told the police anyway. After the concert, they got us again.

If I had known that I couldn't be a Tech fan then, I would have never went to that game and I would never had bought that hat for those meanie heads to eventually take from me. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
10-25-2009, 07:39 AM
I wonder if going there allows me to be a fan. I did go there for half a year.

Maybe I could be a partial fan. Like maybe root for them for one quarter out of the game. And then I can't cheer on anyone except for the other two colleges I went to the rest of the time. Hmmm. I'll have to ask. Later, QD.

The Ren
10-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Fucked up huh, Ren. I mean, I remember back in 1987, I went with a friend to a Fat Boys concert (at the Omni) and we were both jumped by a pretty nice gang. They took my brand new GT hat that I had just bought that day (I had went to a GT/UNC football game earlier that day) and our tickets to the concert. Told us not to tell anyone or they would get us. We told the police anyway. After the concert, they got us again.

If I had known that I couldn't be a Tech fan then, I would have never went to that game and I would never had bought that hat for those meanie heads to eventually take from me. Later, QD.

Dude that sucks.. back to rooting for Georgia Southern!!!

The Ren
10-25-2009, 07:41 AM
I wonder if going there allows me to be a fan. I did go there for half a year.

Maybe I could be a partial fan. Like maybe root for them for one quarter out of the game. And then I can't cheer on anyone except for the other two colleges I went to the rest of the time. Hmmm. I'll have to ask. Later, QD.

I gatta spread some reps but that make the lolz

bdydrpdmazda
10-25-2009, 08:26 AM
then im not allowed to like any college sports..
same here :(

am I able to be an Army football fan since Im in the Army or do I need to go to a military university for that?

quickdodge®
10-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Head on over to West Point for your enrollment papers, sir. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
10-25-2009, 12:06 PM
UPDATE!!!

I have just been informed that he asked me why I was a fan because it is his "right to ask" me this. I was like, what the fuck?

He also stated that he "hate fairweather fans." That he "like how almost everyone in the state of ga is a UGA fan yet only like 10% (made up number) have ever attended the school or a real game. Even less have actually attended Tech."

This dude is really gung ho about if you did not go to a certain school, you CAN NOT be a fan of that school. HOLY FUCK!!! OH FUCK!!! SHIT FUCK!!!!

Damn.

GO FAU ANTHROPOLOGY!!!!

Later, QD.

nreggie454
10-25-2009, 12:19 PM
LOL WGAF why you are a fan of a certain team? It isn't like dude is king of all existence and determines what you can and cannot like. I like the University of Memphis teams, even though I never went there. My dad went there and a lot of my highschool friends go there, but I have to keep quiet whenever they play. I guess I have been wrong my whole life.

EDIT: Maybe you should ask him if this logic applies in other areas. For example, I like sushi. I am not Japanese, have never been to Japan, and probably will never go to Japan. Should I give it up and stick to cheeseburgers and fried chicken?

Greddypacked
10-25-2009, 12:45 PM
LOL who is this guy? He needs a slap in the face to whom ever is ranting about this nonsense. You dont have to go to the dang school to be a fan of the college team. .

sogood
10-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Seems like I've wasted my entire life being a Gators fan and attending their games every year...

AllTheDude
10-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Sounds to me like this kid is either very asian or indian, and one of the individuals hailing from tech who participates in their massive dorm wide WOW village raids on Friday nights. My best friend (GT '07) is a DTD brother and I've partied/threw up with those guys more than I can remember so I have adopted Tech sports based on his fandom and my interaction with the school. I am also hampered by the fact that my Alma Mater (Emory) actually denies the presence of a football team in the school charter hence our famous slogan "Emory Football: Still undefeated." I like UGA too but only because I got accepted to the school back in '02, and my great uncle started for UGA football back in the 40's. My thing is if you like a school and can claim some sort of affiliation then you have every right to root for them.

AllTheDude
10-25-2009, 01:53 PM
According to a graduate of the school of Engineering, via my REP BOX, I can't be a Tech fan because I didn't go there. Actually he said that I didn't go "their." All these years of rooting for the Jackets have been a waste it would seem. I guess I have to start cheering for Florida Atlantic University or Georgia State. This will also be a huge ball-buster for colleges and universities around the nation all the fans of these schools aren't really legit unless they actually went there or graduated from there.

Fuck damn shithead bitch fuck!

GO FAU Anthropology TEAM!!!!Later, QD.

On that note GO Emory University Debate TEAM!!!!Were #1. WOOOO.

allout13
10-25-2009, 01:55 PM
UPDATE!!!

I have just been informed that he asked me why I was a fan because it is his "right to ask" me this. I was like, what the fuck?

He also stated that he "hate fairweather fans." That he "like how almost everyone in the state of ga is a UGA fan yet only like 10% (made up number) have ever attended the school or a real game. Even less have actually attended Tech."

This dude is really gung ho about if you did not go to a certain school, you CAN NOT be a fan of that school. HOLY FUCK!!! OH FUCK!!! SHIT FUCK!!!!

Damn.

GO FAU ANTHROPOLOGY!!!!

Later, QD.

I wonder if he would have cared if you were a fan when they weren't doing so hot?

like maybe the rule only goes into effect when they play well :thinking::thinking::thinking:

The Ren
10-25-2009, 05:01 PM
QD.. Ill take on your FAU vs. my Ga Southern!!

JJSPEC Racing
10-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Maybe you could do something like this:

http://www.gatech.edu/calendar/event.html?nid=42180

Then you can say you were educated there(or their as the GT people apparently spell it)

quickdodge®
10-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Maybe you could do something like this:

http://www.gatech.edu/calendar/event.html?nid=42180

Then you can say you were educated there(or their as the GT people apparently spell it)

I did go to Tech, though. For a little bit. Later, QD.

NewGen33
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM

If you did go to tech then I don't see what the problem is. Even if you buy some of their apparel I would still consider you as an eligible fan. :2cents:

JJSPEC Racing
10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Then I am confused. What is the guys problem?

quickdodge®
10-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Then I am confused. What is the guys problem?

Maybe he thought that my online intelligence was just that. Online.

But it doesn't matter if I went there or not. If I want to like Tech, I'm going to like Tech, or whoever. You know. Later, QD.

BKgen®
10-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Ugh, fuck....

Well....

GO ART INSTITUTE ANIMATION TEAM!!

uproot
10-25-2009, 06:43 PM
So then what would be the requirements to be a fan of a major league baseball team, an NFL team, NHL hockey team, etc...?

quickdodge®
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
So then what would be the requirements to be a fan of a major league baseball team, an NFL team, NHL hockey team, etc...?

I'm a step ahead of you, my boy. I posed this to him in my last PM. his reply?

"I am not sure how to come to a conclusion on pro teams."

Lolol. Maybe if you've never lived in or been to Denver you're not allowed to cheer for them? Later, QD.

90_ACCORD
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
i guess i cant be a fan anymore either.

Gwinnett tech and kennesaw FOR LIFE. *kicks own ass*

EM1toEVO
10-25-2009, 11:29 PM
QD, you are entitled to be a fan of whatever fucking team you want to! Of course, I am well aware of the sarcastic undertones in your reaction to the idiot that told you that you weren't a Tech fan. I would be a fan of UGA, even if I didn't go there. If that were true, the schools wouldn't have all of that revenue rolling in from every Tom, Dick, and Harry buying shit with their logo on it.

eraser4g63
10-25-2009, 11:32 PM
So I cant be a miami fan, even though I went to UGA I hate the fucking dawgs.

uproot
10-25-2009, 11:35 PM
What if your son or daughter attends the school, and they play on one of the sports team... are you still not entitled to be a fan of the team your child is playing for?

I'm a step ahead of you, my boy. I posed this to him in my last PM. his reply?
"I am not sure how to come to a conclusion on pro teams."

Strange how one can draw a conclusion on one and not on another. They are relatively the same thing.

EM1toEVO
10-25-2009, 11:37 PM
You are entitled to cheer for any team you want, period.

02SloWrx
10-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Ugh, fuck....

Well....

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA ha

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::l mfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lm fao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmf ao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfa o::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao ::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::l mfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lm fao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmf ao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfa o::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao ::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::l mfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lm fao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmf ao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfa o::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao ::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::l mfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lm fao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmf ao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfa o::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao ::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::l mfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lm fao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmf ao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfa o::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao ::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

1990wade
10-26-2009, 12:24 AM
FUCK THAT IV BEEN A SOONERS FAN SINCE JAON WHITE WAS A FRESHMAN... AND IM A PATRIOTS FAN CAUSE MY MOMS SIDE OF THE FAMILY IS FROM THERE PLUS THEY ARE THE SHIT LOL

thegovanator
10-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Damn so this means because I grew up in Ann Arbor I can't like the Wolverines I have to like the Georgia State Panthers... This is horse shit

1990wade
10-26-2009, 03:41 AM
Damn so this means because I grew up in Ann Arbor I can't like the Wolverines I have to like the Georgia State Panthers... This is horse shit

I GUESS NOT MAN LOL:lmfao:

quickdodge®
10-26-2009, 09:24 AM
What if your son or daughter attends the school, and they play on one of the sports team... are you still not entitled to be a fan of the team your child is playing for?

My son is actually thinking about trying otu for the GSU basketball team next year.

Damn so this means because I grew up in Ann Arbor I can't like the Wolverines I have to like the Georgia State Panthers...

I am a Panther as well. Cool. Later, QD.

ShooterMcGavin
10-26-2009, 08:40 PM
who did it qd? out the biatch.

ShooterMcGavin
10-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Ugh, fuck....

Well....

:lmfao:

Nittanys1
10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
wow dude...my dad and I have been season ticket holders to Ga Tech for 16 years! I wasnt wanted at THEIR school so I went to Clemson...I'm still a fan of Tech and will be for life....

S2KJD
10-26-2009, 08:49 PM
ND fan here but graduated from Georgia Perimeter(back when it was a 2 year school) so hhhmmm...

OG-Skinny
10-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I've been a tech fan since I started HS, which was 98, never liked anyone else and Always wanted to go there. I'm awaiting my application for transfer as we speak. Be a fan, no matter what sport it is.

:Urges you to look at sig:

quickdodge®
10-26-2009, 10:18 PM
who did it qd? out the biatch.

TrueGiant. Later, QD.

ShooterMcGavin
10-27-2009, 09:03 PM
TrueGiant. Later, QD.

o wow really? well if it's him i'm not gonna say anything, he's got guns :fire: :lmao:

Nittanys1
10-27-2009, 09:16 PM
GOOO JACKETS!!!!

quickdodge®
10-27-2009, 10:01 PM
o wow really? well if it's him i'm not gonna say anything, he's got guns :fire: :lmao:

Yes really, lolol. Fuck his guns, lolol. Later, QD.

81911SC
10-27-2009, 10:08 PM
I've gone to GA games with my uncle and family since I was a kid and have plenty of friends there. Sucks I can't support them. :D