PDA

View Full Version : Sports Tenn. vs. Alabama and Clemson vs. Miami

Greddypacked
10-24-2009, 06:37 PM
OH CRAP WHAT A GAME W/ TENN. AND ALABAMA. I was going for Tenn. cuz I was like if Alabama and Florida lose, Tech could be down in the ranks and probably make a bigger bowl if they win every game. Then big CODY blocked the punt :cry: lol.

Clemson beating Miami in OT was great also, Tech should be in the top 10 maybe now.

sogood
10-25-2009, 11:13 AM
It was only a matter of time until Miami dropped another game, maybe all their "fans" will shut up now.

Man did the Vols almost pull it off, I almost shit when Cody blocked that last FG. Either way 'Bama looked pretty pathetic.

Truegiant
10-25-2009, 11:23 AM
they should of contested the blocked punt because the guy who blocked the punt took off his helmet before the clock was over. Anywho.. I was hoping they would both loose as well.

Did anyone catch the michigan state game when they scored with like 2 seconds left.

Nubz
10-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Alabama deserves to be number one despite almost losing to Tenn. I mean Florida has played no one worth a shit. And they only beat ranked teams by like an average of 10 points. Well theyve only played one really ranked team anyway and only beat them by 10. Yes, Tebow is a circumcising and college football quarterback god, but it looks to me like he is all they got. Alabama actually puts up numbers. And I would take Mark Ingram over Tebow for hiesman anyday. Also Id like to see Tech climb up because Im tired of Georgia fans thinking they will always win the SEC. Tech will beat UGA this year.

sogood
10-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Alabama deserves to be number one despite almost losing to Tenn.

So Florida almost loses to Arkansas and drops in the AP, yet Alabama can almost lose to Tennessee and not drop? That's logical...

Regardless of what happens in the AP, it ultimately means nothing and Florida will stay #1 in the BCS for at least another week.

Nubz
10-25-2009, 01:59 PM
So Florida almost loses to Arkansas and drops in the AP, yet Alabama can almost lose to Tennessee and not drop? That's logical...

Regardless of what happens in the AP, it ultimately means nothing and Florida will stay #1 in the BCS for at least another week.
Its not even about that. Look at the teams Florida has played. Open with Charleston Southern while Bama gets Va Tech. And look how good Va Tech is. Florida hasnt played anyone really worth a damn other than LSU.

sogood
10-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Its not even about that. Look at the teams Florida has played. Open with Charleston Southern while Bama gets Va Tech. And look how good Va Tech is. Florida hasnt played anyone really worth a damn other than LSU.

lol I love this argument. Are you forgetting that Alabama followed up the VTech game with Florida International and North Texas? How is that any different than the Gators playing Charleston Southern and Troy? Oh, that's right, it's not.

Look how good VTech is? Please, they're not as good as they're made out to be. They let Duke hang around, they won on a prayer against a then over-ranked Nebraska, they beat a ridiculously over-ranked Miami, and lost their only two other legitimate games. Pretty damn good resume...

Btw, Florida's back on top of the AP (http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings).

Nubz
10-25-2009, 02:38 PM
lol I love this argument. Are you forgetting that Alabama followed up the VTech game with Florida International and North Texas? How is that any different than the Gators playing Charleston Southern and Troy? Oh, that's right, it's not.

Look how good VTech is? Please, they're not as good as they're made out to be. They let Duke hang around, they won on a prayer against a then over-ranked Nebraska, they beat a ridiculously over-ranked Miami, and lost their only two other legitimate games. Pretty damn good resume...

Btw, Florida's back on top of the AP (http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings).
You think what you want. We'll see in the SEC Championship game who the better team is.

sogood
10-25-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm not arguing whether Alabama or Florida is the better team, just showing that Alabama plays just as many creampuff teams as the Gators do since you, for some odd reason, think otherwise.

Greddypacked
10-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Texas might get #1 here soon. They are beating teams pretty badly and if FLorida or Bama loses Texas will move up. So dont say its just Florida and Bama up for #1 grabs.

eraser4g63
10-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Clemson beating Miami in OT was great also,

No it wasn't, it was horrible, I am extremely disappointed in the Canes.

sogood
10-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Texas might get #1 here soon. They are beating teams pretty badly and if FLorida or Bama loses Texas will move up. So dont say its just Florida and Bama up for #1 grabs.

Texas is in the same boat, man... With the exception of the Mizzo game, Texas hasn't looked all that great against anyone besides their creampuff teams, too. This Saturday at OkState will determine how their season plays out. The ONLY way Texas gets #1 in anything is if both Florida and Bama lose, so it's safe to say the odds aren't in the 'Horns favor.