PDA

View Full Version : Times change but why?

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 12:05 PM
I dont know about most of you, but Ive notice that having fun requires different things, then when we were young. The most fun I had back in the day was at recess, waiting for the clock to go down and hear the bell ring just to rush to the hand balls and such. But what happen when you didn't get the toys in time. Were you stuck to play nothing? NOO you; well me I played tv tag, frezze tag, tag, hide and seek and etc. So now that we are older we dont play these kind of games? hmm is it b/c we are embress to do so? or just ok to play these games only while intoxicated? lol

random thought..

Elbow
10-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Uhh....LOL....this thread is kind of funny, so you're asking why we quit playing these games we played as kids? Probably because recess quit, you get more work, you get more responsibility, and you find new things that make you happy.

If you want to set an alarm clock at 2 everyday and act like thats the bell for recess I won't make fun of you.

Ziptied
10-24-2009, 12:14 PM
If you want to set an alarm clock at 2 everyday and act like thats the bell for recess I won't make fun of you.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

J-ROCK
10-24-2009, 12:19 PM
lol its always fun while intoxicated

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Uhh....LOL....this thread is kind of funny, so you're asking why we quit playing these games we played as kids? Probably because recess quit, you get more work, you get more responsibility, and you find new things that make you happy.

Lol nah I play vollyball when I can and do that kind of stuff.. but when me and my friends get drunk, girls are included we play hide and seek and its weird where we hide, places where we cant get to while we are sober. To me it just seems its either car meets, party, beer pong, circle of death [good game], and drink. Nothing really productive I suppose this thought came to me when I went out side and saw 4+ dogs running around like they were playing tag.

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 12:22 PM

till you call "times out" and throw up, and look if the person chasing you is still there and then you have to call "she is baby sitting!" lol

Elbow
10-24-2009, 12:23 PM
When I play hide and seek these days with a girl it's usually hide and fuck. Nothing like heating up the moment when it's you and some drunk girl hiding from some guy in a dark closet.

But yeah, I kind of know what you mean, in my neighborhood there are a LOT of kids, I always notice how much running they do and how much fun they're having lol. I think as you get older just life in general wears you out more and you relate to doing other things for fun.

S2KJD
10-24-2009, 12:24 PM
i would still rock flash light tag, freeze tag, peg ball around a house, etc. anytime on invite! cant wait to have kids cause ill be the old dude still out there kickin butt and show'em how its done :D

so many great memories that id never be able to let it go and simply dont want to :cheers:

Elbow
10-24-2009, 12:25 PM
I still play doctor when I can.

One_Bad_SHO
10-24-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm down to play some hide n seek. I think Red Rover would be a little dangerous at our age though... given the speed and power we have amassed over the years.

J-ROCK
^ the actually have a tag for us in the form of paintball its funner and hurts just a tiny bit more

D3UC3S
.. but when me and my friends get drunk, girls are included we play hide and seek and its weird

AAAHAHHAHAHAHA

You had to let us know that girls were included to hide the fact that you like men....

Elbow
10-24-2009, 12:27 PM
AAAHAHHAHAHAHA

You had to let us know that girls were included to hide the fact that you like men....

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

D3UC3S
10-24-2009, 12:28 PM
When I play hide and seek these days with a girl it's usually hide and fuck. Nothing like heating up the moment when it's you and some drunk girl hiding from some guy in a dark closet.

This is the TRUTH!!!!

One_Bad_SHO
10-24-2009, 12:29 PM
If I ever become a multi-millionaire, mark my words. I will create an "Adult Playground" where its 21 & up, serves alcohol, and features many different sections from paintball, to a hide n seek arena, to a ginormous pool of plastic balls to jump into, laser tag room.... everything will feature hiding places big enough for grown adults. Oh yeah. That's what I'm talking about.

Elbow
10-24-2009, 12:30 PM
If I ever become a multi-millionaire, mark my words. I will create an "Adult Playground" where its 21 & up, serves alcohol, and features many different sections from paintball, to a hide n seek arena, to a ginormous pool of plastic balls to jump into, laser tag room.... everything will feature hiding places big enough for grown adults. Oh yeah. That's what I'm talking about.

Doctor room?

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 12:32 PM
AAAHAHHAHAHAHA

No cause I sleep with my dog..

:lmfao::gay::lmfao: Well that was a knee slapper heh.

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 12:33 PM

that would be fucking awesome lol

Black4DrEK
10-24-2009, 12:37 PM
hhhhhhmmmmm

RED LIGHT GREEN LIGHT!! anybody???:thinking:

EL O EL

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 12:39 PM
hhhhhhmmmmm

RED LIGHT GREEN LIGHT!! anybody???:thinking:

EL O EL

Well that game we never stop playing... we just do it in our cars.

D3UC3S
10-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I sleep with my dog every night...that doesn't make you gay....

fantasizing about playing tag with your boyfriends when your 21 does;)

D3UC3S
10-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Well that game we never stop playing... we just do it in our cars.

Thats true! LOL

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I sleep with my dog every night...that doesn't make you gay....

fantasizing about playing tag with your boyfriends when your 21 does;)

Oh I see.. so I guess when you grow older your mind set changes as well, making assumtions... moving on.

D3UC3S
10-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I have no clue what you mean...but i was just fucking with you cuz the way you worded your earlier statement bout the ladies...

Just gettin my daily entertainment from IA WL....moving on

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 12:53 PM
I have no clue what you mean...but i was just fucking with you cuz the way you worded your earlier statement bout the ladies...

Just gettin my daily entertainment from IA WL....moving on

It's all good btw thanks for killing the thread.. lol

D3UC3S
10-24-2009, 01:05 PM
It died b/c it sucked...i made people laugh

Im sure you will make 7863670857876 more threads/polls by Sunday night....

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 01:10 PM
It died b/c it sucked...i made people laugh

Im sure you will make 7863670857876 more threads/polls by Sunday night....

well fuck.. I need to start now..

D3UC3S
10-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Yes...go...u are 37 threads behind schedule as of riiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt ttt NOW!

In all honesty tho....i swang on my buddies rope swing behind his house(killing time on the clock:D) Haven't done that since i was a kid...pretty fun

and i wouldn't mind having a huge game of dodge ball

§treet_§peed
10-24-2009, 03:08 PM
God I miss Playing laser tag. I drover down to this one place like 5 years ago in atl and played it drunk off my ass with about 15 other friends. it was the funnest shit lol. drunk dodge ball is fun too. well two weeks ago i went to this small party and i was the only sober one there. the party wasn't that big more of a get together. considering i was one of 3 guys and there was like 4 girls. anyways the girls who are pretty fucked up decided we should all play hide and seek. well that last all of 45 seconds because they gave up.

Lankhoss
10-24-2009, 03:21 PM
You do realize that your body COMPLETELY changes chemically and hormonally during puberty, right?

On top of that, the stuff you do as a kid is fun only because it's new. At some point tag gets boring, backyard football where you score a touchdown everytime you get the ball and score 14 touchdowns during the half hour during recess get boring, trying new "dangerous" stuff like jumping your bike off something or jumping out of a swing....either the thrill is gone after trying it a few times, or you broke a bunch of shit and learned your lesson.

Not only do these things become boring, but you realize there's no point to it. As you get older, you become more logical (some more than others). Games have absolutely NO POINT to them, and as you get older things that are pointless aren't as fun because you're smart enough to know better. But even in your adulthood, you'll find the same pattern. The stuff that was fun when I was in highschool annoys me now, the stuff I was doing in my early 20's, I have no interest in now. My interests are changing once again, and hardly anything that kept me entertained has the same affect on me today.

For me, personally, I've found patterns are what make me uninterested in things (games mostly). When I was a kid, it was fun to take a football, and run the SAME ROUTE everytime to score a touchdown....I just outran people. It was fun playing baseball with my friends when I could hit a homerun EVERY time. Because I didn't realize I was getting a "gimme" everytime. I could repeat it over and over and over again, and be completely oblvious to the "pattern" I discovered and repeated. Now I don't have fun with anything that doesn't challenge me.

Maintaining a career, balancing finances, planning out vacations and nights on the town....doing all of that stuff by myself is more challenging than any game I play anymore. I'm sure I'll find new challenges to take on a decade from now.

dallasb84
10-24-2009, 03:22 PM
i think you kinda loose your imagination when you find out life sucks.

i used to play with legos and really be into that shit..... but..... now if i were to try it would be about 5 minutes before i gave up and said fuck it.

i guess tag, trip it, and dirt clod wars were replaced with sex, beer, and work

One_Bad_SHO
10-24-2009, 05:37 PM
You do realize that your body COMPLETELY changes chemically and hormonally during puberty, right?

On top of that, the stuff you do as a kid is fun only because it's new. At some point tag gets boring, backyard football where you score a touchdown everytime you get the ball and score 14 touchdowns during the half hour during recess get boring, trying new "dangerous" stuff like jumping your bike off something or jumping out of a swing....either the thrill is gone after trying it a few times, or you broke a bunch of shit and learned your lesson.

Not only do these things become boring, but you realize there's no point to it. As you get older, you become more logical (some more than others). Games have absolutely NO POINT to them, and as you get older things that are pointless aren't as fun because you're smart enough to know better. But even in your adulthood, you'll find the same pattern. The stuff that was fun when I was in highschool annoys me now, the stuff I was doing in my early 20's, I have no interest in now. My interests are changing once again, and hardly anything that kept me entertained has the same affect on me today.

For me, personally, I've found patterns are what make me uninterested in things (games mostly). When I was a kid, it was fun to take a football, and run the SAME ROUTE everytime to score a touchdown....I just outran people. It was fun playing baseball with my friends when I could hit a homerun EVERY time. Because I didn't realize I was getting a "gimme" everytime. I could repeat it over and over and over again, and be completely oblvious to the "pattern" I discovered and repeated. Now I don't have fun with anything that doesn't challenge me.

Maintaining a career, balancing finances, planning out vacations and nights on the town....doing all of that stuff by myself is more challenging than any game I play anymore. I'm sure I'll find new challenges to take on a decade from now.

You will not be invited to the grand opening of my Adult Playground.

jhadleyh
10-24-2009, 05:40 PM
There are chicks with dicks in this world and they need loving too. That's all i got to say about this thread

Lankhoss
10-24-2009, 05:40 PM

Check this out.

So I went to work in Seattle for a couple of months, and I actually had a friend that lived out there so we'd hang out after work a lot. He, his friend, and I all went to this place that was owned by his friend's dad. It was VERY similar to what you described, and it totally kicked ass. I hit some baseballs in a batting cage, played ping pong, blew up this GIGANTIC air-filled boxing ring and beat the piss out of each other with huge gloves on, then jousted like they do in American Gladiators after that. It was an awesome night, and also gave me a headache.

Elbow
10-24-2009, 05:45 PM

:lmfao::lmfao:

BluesClues
10-24-2009, 09:59 PM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:yes:

Kenny what I said on the other sparked this idea. Don't be giving my credit to the dogs

FAM0U5
10-24-2009, 10:09 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:yes:

Kenny what I said on the other sparked this idea. Don't be giving my credit to the dogs

you gave me a lot of ideas :ninja:

BluesClues
10-25-2009, 11:08 AM
you gave me a lot of ideas :ninja:

I'm sure I have :ninja:

§treet_§peed
10-25-2009, 03:09 PM
i still say the Adult Play ground is a awesome Idea. You just gotta watch out for some people who drink tho. You know, the ones that turn into raving lunatics.

BluesClues
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM
^^^ LOL

On_Her_Face
10-25-2009, 03:55 PM
I still play sharks and minnows.

FAM0U5
10-25-2009, 04:09 PM
i think IA should have a dogde ball or something, then again it could get out of hand..

On_Her_Face
10-25-2009, 04:27 PM
i think IA should have a dogde ball or something, then again it could get out of hand..

That could work, I made a Gallon Challenge meet with the help of IA.

BluesClues
10-25-2009, 07:59 PM
That could work, I made a Gallon Challenge meet with the help of IA.
Well, I say lets do it. I am down for either dodge ball or kick ball (you can at least play kick ball in the winter)

FAM0U5
10-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, I say lets do it. I am down for either dodge ball or kick ball (you can at least play kick ball in the winter)

LETS DO IT... someone organize it.

§treet_§peed
10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
i'm in for either one

BluesClues
10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
LETS DO IT... someone organize it.
How about you do it!

FAM0U5
10-25-2009, 08:05 PM
How about you do it!

What about yourself fine lady..

BluesClues
10-25-2009, 08:07 PM
What about yourself fine lady..
Because I don't have the time for that ( I really just don't want to). I don't live in the ATL area or know much about it to pick a designated place

FAM0U5
10-25-2009, 08:13 PM
you can do it... I believe in you.

BluesClues
10-25-2009, 08:16 PM
you can do it... I believe in you.
But I vote for you so I WIN!