PDA

View Full Version : Car alarm/keyles entry

singhondeck
10-24-2009, 11:22 AM
i jus want a basic car alarm/keyless entry and if it has a trunk opener...i dont know anything about it so ia help me out..its for a 99 altima gxe..somethin cheap and good..no more that 50 bucks

PROŽ
10-24-2009, 12:33 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=268
^ look through this section. there are several sponsors offering specials.

DynamicSound
10-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I have the Scytek A10 for $30. It is a full alarm system and keyless entry. I also have the Scytek G20 for $45.

singhondeck
10-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I have the Scytek A10 for $30. It is a full alarm system and keyless entry. I also have the Scytek G20 for $45.
will it open the trunk also? 30 aint too bad.how much is with install..or is the installation hard? can a novice hook it up with some directions

1SOL2NV
10-25-2009, 01:57 AM
will it open the trunk also? 30 aint too bad.how much is with install..or is the installation hard? can a novice hook it up with some directions
most car alarms can be done by yourself . but i install car alarms and most the ones i do can not be done by a Novice with some directions.

DynamicSound
10-25-2009, 12:36 PM

The G20 for $45 will have trunk pop and an aux button to add somthing else...I can do it for $40. Install is $70.

And no, if you have never done one before, I do not suggest to try unless you want to learn off this one and waste 1-2 days.

02SloWrx
10-25-2009, 02:40 PM
i jus want a basic car alarm/keyless entry and if it has a trunk opener...i dont know anything about it so ia help me out..its for a 99 altima gxe..somethin cheap and good..no more that 50 bucks

Remember, what you pay, is what you get. All these cheap alarms are so easy to bypass. And most of them go off when there is high wind.

singhondeck
10-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Remember, what you pay, is what you get. All these cheap alarms are so easy to bypass. And most of them go off when there is high wind.
good point,, that can get annoying

singhondeck
10-25-2009, 03:42 PM
The G20 for $45 will have trunk pop and an aux button to add somthing else...I can do it for $40. Install is $70.

And no, if you have never done one before, I do not suggest to try unless you want to learn off this one and waste 1-2 days.

do u sell alotta these? are people happy with them..what can i do with the aux button can i turn on jus my foglights, or if i wanna roll down a window?

DynamicSound
10-25-2009, 04:16 PM

You can adjust the sensitivity on the shock sensor. Plus, if you know what you are doing, you can get around ANY alarm system. However, the other 99.9% of people bust out as soon as an alarm is triggered.

DynamicSound
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
do u sell alotta these? are people happy with them..what can i do with the aux button can i turn on jus my foglights, or if i wanna roll down a window?

Scytek is one of the largest alarm manufacturers in the world behind Omega and Directed. They also make alarms for other brands. Scytek is not a cheap alarm like Bulldog, Prestige, Crimestopper, etc.

You can add whatever you want to AUX button. Some things will require extra modules like window up/down.

hybrid90accord
10-25-2009, 05:22 PM
just get your money up and get a viper and cal it a day, i mean if you cant put a price tag on the security of your car...

DynamicSound
10-25-2009, 09:31 PM
just get your money up and get a viper and cal it a day, i mean if you cant put a price tag on the security of your car...

That also depends on the Viper...some models have tons of issues.

If you do want the Viper, I have the Viper 350 Plus for $80.

hybrid90accord
10-25-2009, 11:48 PM
yeah you cant go wrong with a viper 350hv or the 3002

DynamicSound
10-25-2009, 11:50 PM
yeah you cant go wrong with a viper 350hv or the 3002

Yeah, the Viper 350 Plus is the newer version of the 350HV.

sina518
10-27-2009, 01:11 AM
scytek blows, don't get anything unless is is made by DEI or AUDIOVOX. everything else becomes a headache in the long run trust me. personally i prefer viper, python,Clifford these are made by DEI, you spend a bit more money but its worth it, and tell whoever installs it to turn the sensitivity of the shock sensors down. most installers turn them all the way up assuming that the customer wants the maximum protection, but with every vibration the alarm goes off and it gets annoying. also invest in a microphone sensor, it was mainly designed so that is someone tossed a spark plug through your window it would trigger. it works well.