PDA

View Full Version : 1st attempt in 3D space:

rbf
10-22-2009, 02:05 PM
I recently learned how to use 3D camera's and null objects in After Effects. Today I actually wanted to see if I could do just as well using an image. Keep in mind this is my first attempt and I've been editing for a short period of time I will make mistakes. There are a handful of things I'd like to change about this actual clip but it was my first try so I will let it be.

Original image taken with my Canon Crapshot SD1000.
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt354/soeast22/027-2.jpg

And here is the 3D version. Make sure to watch in HQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfuaJdDa8Uk

Ronsam2006
10-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Looks pretty good. I don't know much about this stuff, but good start.

rbf
10-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Looks pretty good. I don't know much about this stuff, but good start.

Thanks.

nextelbuddy
10-22-2009, 02:34 PM
looks pretty cool, looks like after effects like all adobe products is just having you pick apart the image into layers.

rbf
10-22-2009, 02:41 PM
looks pretty cool, looks like after effects like all adobe products is just having you pick apart the image into layers.

There is more to it than just picking through. But yes you are working with different layers.

oneSLOWex
10-22-2009, 02:43 PM
cool shit man!

nextelbuddy
10-22-2009, 02:43 PM
There is more to it than just picking through. But yes you are working with different layers.

oh yea definately im sure there s a whole lot more to it than that. i have the whoe CS3 suite and i have played with AE and i still have trouble with it.

ive even tried watching many TUTS online but every TUT i find speaks to you as if you have an advanced understanding already of AE

proprs to you for learning that program its hard man.

rbf
10-22-2009, 05:03 PM
cool shit man!

Thanks ahhaa.

oh yea definately im sure there s a whole lot more to it than that. i have the whoe CS3 suite and i have played with AE and i still have trouble with it.

ive even tried watching many TUTS online but every TUT i find speaks to you as if you have an advanced understanding already of AE

proprs to you for learning that program its hard man.

Thanks again, yeah I personally learn from trial and error. I will however hop on some tutorials if they look interesting enough. The program alone is not too complicated to work with just basically need to take it seriously and sit down and try some stuff.

:goodjob: I enjoy the program 100%.

rbf
10-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Here is my second attempt from earlier. I know it is not the best nor smoothest piece but I'll get it down eventually. Enjoy!.

http://www.vimeo.com/7211771

uproot
10-25-2009, 12:06 AM
interesting...

BluesClues
10-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Man that's cool as hell! You are doing more than I can :goodjob:
Repped

JessAlba452
10-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Awesome job! :D +REPS!

rbf
10-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Awesome job! :D +REPS!

Thanks.

Sir_Christopher
10-25-2009, 01:25 PM
those are really good for your first and second attempt, i liked the dog one better becuase it was smooth, but the skating one was good to because you had to do more to it like make the walll move over and then bring the skater grinding the rail

rbf
10-25-2009, 02:30 PM
those are really good for your first and second attempt, i liked the dog one better becuase it was smooth, but the skating one was good to because you had to do more to it like make the walll move over and then bring the skater grinding the rail

Yeah I only disliked the first one because I started too close. So when it panned in it pretty much was already past her head. I'll do more soon and hopefully do better.

thanks.