PDA

View Full Version : Misc Whats Next?

Brandon C
03-27-2005, 08:50 PM
In one of the Dance Music Forums for Atlanta there was a great topic posted that got me curios.
THe topic was whats next for night clubs? Music wise that is? I really dont know as since I started DJing the sound has changed from House Music to Florida Break Beats & Booty Bass to Trance and Now Hip Hop/Rap..I never saw that Hip Hop would get this big in the clubs but Wow it's Huge If you dont play it you wont get Booked as a DJ.. Now I ask What's Your thoughts on the next wave of Music..Several Acomplished long time DJ's Think it to be more of a Singing House beat that will make the Change But I just dont know? Reallity is How long Is Hip Hop here for as I see no end in Site.

Julio
03-27-2005, 08:54 PM
aslong as hip hop albums keep selling of the shelf's theres no telling

Brandon C
03-31-2005, 09:12 AM
I agree I Truly Dont Know whats Next.

B16a2 Civic
03-31-2005, 09:16 AM
crunk music gon be around for a while still....it was down here alot and is just now catchin mainstream again

thinkfast®
03-31-2005, 10:42 AM
hip hop is gonna stay for a while, I mean dammit they are playin it in the salsa clubs where you maybe heard one 5 minute set of "american" dance music before, Im not gonna say it dominates the night, but its mixing in with reggaeton which is really, really hot right now and you cant play that with anything BUT some rap/hiphop.....

For me I guess raggaeton will be big, but only as big as these artists try to make it. this little jon bullshit is gonna get old, I understand it right now but wait a lil while and see where that takes you. I am really diggin Tego Calderon right now, hes on mixtapes with all kinds of people, from Snoop to the Game (w/ Game rappin the whole song in spanish!) not just the same yankee/pitbull/nore/lil jon bullshit...

hope this helps :D

Tasuki_Civic
03-31-2005, 10:48 AM
i totaly agree............

FrnkPwrs
03-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Reggaeton is getting big. Its always going to be big in the latin crowd, because its really a genre for the youth, the sound of the yougner generation. Not often to do you hear a lot of spanish hip hop songs in the club, but you hear hella reggaeton all nite. So it adds on another type of music we can listen to in the club, and everybody is dancing to it. Usually you got the dominicans showing out with the merengue and bachata, the columbians, cubans, and puerto ricans, for the salsa, and everybody gets in on the reggaeton. Mainstream? I see a couple hits on the english language stations, but not on every station everyday. Daddy Yankee still hasnt broke 500,000 sales.

For the club, I think reggaeton has more of a chance of making it, becuase a lot of people barely understand regular reggae. "Dunt de dunt" really is "dutty rock". Not many people know what that, so when you go to a club and see a lot of gringas saying "wiki wiki" and "Tu quieres duro", its the same thing

thinkfast®
03-31-2005, 12:36 PM
yea mane, you got a point on that younger generation... I remember bumpin DJ Nelson right there with snoop back in 96-97, lol I just think if they wanna make it commercial, thats where it will stay... a lot of latin reggaeton/hip hop artists wont get that play though, that might have more lyrical substance, I just want to see it stick around and become more then it is right now. you see Orishas get any play like Daddy Yankee? or even Tego, not like Im his #1 fan but hes got a lot better flow then a lotta fools out there, but I guess cause hes stayin street he's not gettin the recognition??

You hear how he jumped on P Diddy? Diddy was wantin Tego to be in his Sean John ads, and he was talkin about payin him like $1,000.. meanwhile Tego is gettin like 60-70,000 in Puerto Rico for bein in ads and shit. Tego gave him a big FUCK YOU... :D so who does Diddy call to get in the ads, with that same $1000 ?? Da-dee Yan-keee

FrnkPwrs
03-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Yea, I heard about that. Its funny, because he was yankee wasnt in the original oye mi canto song, Tego was. but Nore wanted him to do it for free. But guess who was in one of the remixes and was willing ot take nothing? Da-dee-yank-ayyyyyyy! But for the gringos, he tap dances and kisses ass. He does a concert at the Jimmy Carter Ballroom??? The man performs 20 minutes and leaves. WTF? From what I hear he is an arrogant bastard also. BTW, I have the Coogi Jacket he wore at the ballroom if you know any obsessed fan who wants to pay out the ass for it, LOL.

Reggaeton, I dunno. RocAFella is supposed to have a reggaeton division now. I think its a temporary thing. Now you hear Nore on everything, like he is some pioneer or something. At least you can hear Fat Joe on some tracks with Tono! Its sad to say, but the really hot artist arent goign to shine because a lot of people with buying power in the US cant understand what they are saying! TEGO IS NICE! Damn near anything you hear from him is classic. And Voltios shit? Gangsta! But its going to be people from the US promoting our artist, and we are going ot be seen as gimmicks. Thats why you have things like Puff trying to toss out $1000 for a spokesman deal.

thinkfast®
03-31-2005, 02:37 PM
yea thats a load of shit, but I know thats some funny shit about Yankee... I hear the last time he came he lost a watch, he was swingin at some dude that got past security and oops there goes his 10k Rolex LOL

NORE is comin off kinda irritating, I mean hes all up in the magazines, in interviews, talkin about if hes the one that made the shit up man! "yea man look out for my reggaetonalbum comin soon" get the fuck outta here!

y0 well I hope I win some damn VIP passes from your descontrol website, Im tryin to get down when that Tego concert comes!!

FrnkPwrs
03-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Yea, I saw you signed up. If I had the passes, Id definately throw them out, but its my investor thats running that contest. We are trying to launch the site ASAP, but I keep looking at IA instead of working on it! LOL, but thats the reason my sleep is all screwed up, hitting all these clubs and taking pictures. We are giving away Tono tickets too! I just gotta add it to the page

thinkfast®
03-31-2005, 10:13 PM
hey man you send them this way and I will invest in whatever you guys are selling :D