PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fix Xbox 360's?

donovan772
10-21-2009, 11:01 AM
My dad's 360 craped out on him with the good old fashion RROD and we need it fixed since this solution would probably be much cheaper than buying a new one. so if there is anyone who can fix it for cheap that would help:goodjob:

x Resilience
10-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Check on craigslist, there are plenty of guys fixing them.

IntegraXTR
10-21-2009, 06:15 PM
you can fix it yourself, I've done 3 myself already. Go to youtube, and type in RROD fix, or E71, or whatever problems you have. Its simple, you can go to lowes and spend about $4 in screws, washers, plastic washers, and nuts. Then go to radio shack and pick up some thermal compound, artic is the one you need. Some cuetips, and a star-bit set is all you need.

Quick breakdown.....

Open up your xbox
remove the "X" braces on the back of the heat syncs, use a small flat head to pop them out.
Clean off the chips with rubbing alcohol using your cue tips
clean off the back of the heat syncs
Apply the new thermal compound that you bought from radio shack but be careful not to get them on the resistors. Apply a "dab" of the compound on the chip and back of the heat sync.
Use the new screws and washers to attach the heat syncs back to the board, forgot the thread size and length but it should be on youtube.
Turn on xbox and it should overheat, let it overheat for about 15-25min.
Turn off the xbox and let it cool completely.
After that you should be good to go

And no this is not the towel method, that shit fucks up your xbox even more.

j0nbunklah0m
10-21-2009, 06:28 PM
my freind fixed mine for me. PM me if u want some info

jorgen
10-22-2009, 06:43 AM
"Turn on xbox and it should overheat, let it overheat for about 15-25min."
WTF is that? That sounds like a terrible idea...
I mean, everything else in our post sounded like a good idea.

aguynamedpat
10-22-2009, 12:22 PM
you can fix it yourself, I've done 3 myself already. Go to youtube, and type in RROD fix, or E71, or whatever problems you have. Its simple, you can go to lowes and spend about $4 in screws, washers, plastic washers, and nuts. Then go to radio shack and pick up some thermal compound, artic is the one you need. Some cuetips, and a star-bit set is all you need.

Quick breakdown.....

Open up your xbox
remove the "X" braces on the back of the heat syncs, use a small flat head to pop them out.
Clean off the chips with rubbing alcohol using your cue tips
clean off the back of the heat syncs
Apply the new thermal compound that you bought from radio shack but be careful not to get them on the resistors. Apply a "dab" of the compound on the chip and back of the heat sync.
Use the new screws and washers to attach the heat syncs back to the board, forgot the thread size and length but it should be on youtube.
Turn on xbox and it should overheat, let it overheat for about 15-25min.
Turn off the xbox and let it cool completely.
After that you should be good to go

And no this is not the towel method, that shit fucks up your xbox even more.

I tried this with mine, and it did not work. I had two with RROD.

guinness
10-22-2009, 12:23 PM
do you have your 360 on its side or on its bottom?putting it on its side will cause it to overheat and cause other problems.one of my friends is great at fixing these things.he's on my friends list on my profile.his name screen name is firesage2007 but his real name is ben.contact him and he should be able to really help you out.his life is game s and that is what he does above everything else.give him a shout.

aguynamedpat
10-22-2009, 12:32 PM
How much would he want to fix one? Or two?

guinness
10-22-2009, 01:08 PM
How much would he want to fix one? Or two?

idk.he's actually a friend of my brother's,goes to collee with him,and all he does is play games,make games(burns),mods systems,and troubleshoots/repairs systems.ask him those kind of questions becausehe would have all those answers you are wanting.i don't know what his schedule,school and work,is,but still hit him up for any qiestions or concerns.i'm very confident that he would be able to help yous guys out.

IntegraXTR
10-22-2009, 04:20 PM
"Turn on xbox and it should overheat, let it overheat for about 15-25min."
WTF is that? That sounds like a terrible idea...
I mean, everything else in our post sounded like a good idea.

the overheating part is important because it re-alligns the "solder points". Unless you feel like re-soldering your board.

Sounds stupid? I've done 3, and still playing it now.

aguynamedpat
10-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Integra, PM sent.