PDA

View Full Version : 3yrs and it's finally over (kinda long)

stephen
10-21-2009, 02:50 AM
it's a damn shame that it has taken 3yrs for things to end with my motorcycle accident i had in august of 06. i was on my way to work when this van ran a stop sign, and i smashed right into the side of him at 50-55mph. i had to get life flighted, and had 2 broken ribs and need some stitches here and there. my attorney was somewhat worried about taking it to trial due to the fact that i was 1) on a bike, and not everyone looks at bikers in a positive light 2) going 10-15mph over the speed limit (which i never denied, and was also with the flow of traffic). therefore, i ended up settling with the dude's insurance about a year later to avoid not getting anything. dude was basically given 75% fault for failing to yield to oncoming traffic, and i took the other 25% fault for creating a hazardous condition (not slowing down at an intersection regardless of right of way). everything was cool...i was happy with my settlement...healed pretty good....bought another bike....etc. etc. etc.

how about 1 week before the statute of limitations (2yrs from date of accident) i get a letter saying dude is trying to sue me for property damage, medical bills, loss wages, and pain & suffering. my insurance company provided me with an attorney & would also pay for the settlement if one is given. we got put on the trial calendar this year, which means you basically have to leave yourself available for 3 weeks out of the month, for however many months it takes (i was on for 5 months), incase your trial comes up. they can call your trial up until 3hrs before it starts...basically if it's noon on monday, you might get a call saying "come to court in 3hrs, your trial is about to begin."

my trial was today, and let me tell you....my lawyer was a BEAST! she destroyed that dude & anyone who felt compelled to sympathize with him. verdict went in my favor leaving dude with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. lol, his attorney called the only "outside" witness to the stand, and after a series of questions dude was finally like, "look...it was the van's fault, he rolled through that stop sign." the van driver, his sister, & his passenger all talked about how the guy could no longer do any "stooping, lifting, etc." while my lawyer pulled out a blown up copy of his deposition where he actually told her how he "continued to bowl with his bowling league from the time of the accident until january of 09." she even brought out a bowling ball during her closing. it just makes me happy to know that someone who tried to earn money off of something that could've ended my life, didn't get to reap that reward.

**pic of said van(after i modded it...reverse fender rolling & removed the factory tint on the rear windows). guy with the doo rag and hand on the hip is the driver of said van.

JITB
10-21-2009, 03:11 AM
dam man, i thought u were waay done with that whole issue!

glad to hear its over! hows the car runnin? u havent broken anything again...lol

mikesEK
10-21-2009, 03:23 AM
good for you

cant stand motherfuckers lookin for a free ride
cock suckin lowrent bottom feeding dick suckin bastards

glad they didnt get shit....fuck'em in the mouth.............. ((deep breath))........im ok now

stephen
10-21-2009, 03:23 AM
dam man, i thought u were waay done with that whole issue!
glad to hear its over!

maaaan, this issue has been haunting me for a good minute. glad to be moving on though.

hows the car runnin? u havent broken anything again...lol

lol, nah i haven't broken anything else. it's running alright...2nd gear is still acting up & scrubs from time to time (even on the new tranny). supposedly, that tranny is famous for having a weak 2nd gear syncro. also the damn intake on the passenger side is letting rain/water leak into the car & under the seat. i found the "fix" for that, just need to take the time to go do it.

didn't you grab a protege not too long ago? you do anything to it yet?

Benefit
10-21-2009, 03:26 AM
JUSTICE SERVED

qwick
10-21-2009, 04:00 AM
WOW! You beat the shit out that van.

Glad every thing is all good now.:goodjob:

02SloWrx
10-21-2009, 08:19 PM
buhahha, bitch got owned.

If i were you, I would counter sue for emotional pain, and w.e. else you can come up with.

JITB
10-21-2009, 08:33 PM
maaaan, this issue has been haunting me for a good minute. glad to be moving on though.

lol, nah i haven't broken anything else. it's running alright...2nd gear is still acting up & scrubs from time to time (even on the new tranny). supposedly, that tranny is famous for having a weak 2nd gear syncro. also the damn intake on the passenger side is letting rain/water leak into the car & under the seat. i found the "fix" for that, just need to take the time to go do it.

didn't you grab a protege not too long ago? you do anything to it yet?

speaking of the protege, its gone...guy came and got it from canada!

SloWRX
10-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Goddamn people like that piss me off like no other. that mofo deserves to flip that pos van and burn in it alive!! Glad everything turned out great man!

02SloWrx
10-21-2009, 08:46 PM
^^

sonic tomorrow?

YoungDro
10-21-2009, 09:22 PM
It took me like 3 months, I got hit by a friend that went to school with me, years ago... Shit sucks.

AnthonyF
10-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Congrats on the victory! :goodjob: Your lawyer did a good job finding out what the piece of shit was doing in the meantime. Shows your lawyer cared and not just after the money whether you won or lost.

-Ant.

5spdfrk
10-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Name of said lawyer? lol

isa2o3
10-22-2009, 09:07 AM
that lawyer is gangsta lol

EJ25RUN
10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Awesome. Big congrats.

AirMax95
10-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Congrats on that man. America is a litigious beast where almost anyone can win a "lie" of a case.

I say we drink!!!! Straight shots, no chaser!

Hundo®
10-22-2009, 09:57 AM
good to hear man! shitty ass human being. ( the guy who tried to sue you )

neon_ert3
10-22-2009, 10:34 AM
that dumb fuk!!

what was the name of that lawyer of yours? i mite need her .... lol

LizBiz
10-22-2009, 10:47 AM
*rolls bowling ball* :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Clearly he did NOT know who he was dealing with. You put that Sean John Unforgettable on your lawyer didn't you!!!!! :lmfao: Congrats :cheers:

Ziptied
10-22-2009, 11:03 AM
cool story bro.

MistaCee
10-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Lol the dude hit you then proceeded to have a gay pose with hand on hip.

91boostdgsr
10-22-2009, 03:33 PM
nice to know the good guys can win i rear ended a drunk driver and he sued my insurance company for 1.2 mil back in '03 and even the police said in trila he was 3x over the limit and he was slurrin his speach and failed the blood test they didi at the hospital after his head went throuhg the back glass on his ford ranger