PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows?

95accordEX
10-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Hey I was looking to see if anyone on here has converted their manual windows to power windows before? I have a 94 civic dx and was thinking about doing it if it wasnt too much of a hassle. I figure you basically need both door panels from an ex and both powered regulators, install them then wire it in somehow? Thanks

TommyD1919
10-22-2009, 06:36 PM
I did it on the very same car. Well actually mine was a 95 DX.. I got both window regulators and motors, Both door panels etc.. The manual window regulators come out very easily and the power ones go back in the same way.. The wiring wasn't hard at all but it has been so long ago I can't remember the exacts of it.. Just get a book and go to work.. A easy weekend project..

RBS
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
the process is very simple. let me state that you need the following...

both window motors, both panels, and both switches,all needed fuses and one relay, the driver and passenger door harness, and the drivers side cabin harness that plugs into the fusebox, and if possible the interior side of the passenger harness.. if you cant get that its koo, furtheron..

mechanically its very straightforward... swap all manual parts for the powered ones, so no need for me to explain there. wiring wise, the whole entire drivers side plugs right up, all you gotta do is add the 2 speaker wires, the one relay that plugs into the fuse box, and all needed fuses..

now going to passenger side, install the door harness.. now take the interior side of the harness, and extend it to the drivers side where it plugs in. and you should be done..

sorry for the bunched up instructional, but its very simple. get at me if you need help