PDA

View Full Version : lol - 30 + Crowd

Julio
10-20-2009, 05:11 PM
THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!
If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears

with their tedious diatribes about how hard things

were.

When they were growing up; what with walking

Twenty-five miles to sch ool every morning.... Uphill...

barefoot... BOTH waysYadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' s orNapsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy 20 Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... forever!
And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,
The Over 30 Crowd

quickdodgeŽ
10-20-2009, 05:13 PM
I was going to post this last week and either forgot or decided not to, lolol.

True shit though. I need to find one for the over 40 crowd.

Julio needs to check his PM box as well, hmmmm. Later, QD.

EM1toEVO
10-20-2009, 05:14 PM
I so remember those days! A lot has changed over the years.

Julio
10-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I was going to post this last week and either forgot or decided not to, lolol.

True shit though. I need to find one for the over 40 crowd.

Julio needs to check his PM box as well, hmmmm. Later, QD.

I did.. well, check mentioned thread ;)

Echonova
10-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Bitches today don't know shit about the Dewey Decimal system.

quickdodgeŽ
10-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks, Julio.

Bitches today don't know shit about the Dewey Decimal system.

Card catalog. Later, QD.

BABY J
10-20-2009, 05:30 PM
BABY J checkin in. 30 years old bitches!

PSINXS
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
i remember all of that. my bro n sis r in their 30s and my parents raised me the same as them. CPS want invented yet back in the day in our minds. u caught the belt if u acted up

PSINXS
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks, Julio.

Card catalog. Later, QD.

with actual cards in them to find a freakin book in the library. remeber the stamps that told u when the last person checked it out lol

BanginJimmy
10-20-2009, 07:17 PM
I would absolutely LOVE to watch some little 15y/o brat try finding a damn book with the card catalog. After 2 hours of searching, you finally find the right spot, and the fucking book is already checked out.

Lankhoss
10-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Great post!!!

I love everything mentioned here. I feel like such an old buzzard, 'cause I don't care for most new "gadgets." SNES was the last gaming console that I thought was worth a shit, I still don't own an MP3 player and didn't buy my first CD player until after 2000. I don't have a cellphone or Twitter account, and only made a Myspace and Facebook page after friends and family begged me to. I have no digital camcorder, nor digital photo albums. Also, there is nowhere on this planet, a picture of me standing in front of my mirror in the bathroom with a hat on backwards, no shirt, and me holding my cellphone taking the picture. I don't use a plethora of acronyms when I type to people, and prefer making a phonecall over texting!

MachNU
10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
LOL my brother got beat over the ass with a 2x4 by my dad the first night be got home from being arrested! :lmao:

Julio
10-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Last time I got my ass kicked by my dad, he handed me the phone after beating the shit out of me and told me, go ahead, dial 911... if you do, I promise you next time you will be dialing with your tongue.. I will never forget that...

Julio
10-20-2009, 08:26 PM
One time, I called my Mom a bitch.. shit hit the roof, She whoop'd my ass took me to the drive way, threw some uncooked rice on the ground and told me to get on my knees on top of the rice and not dare move until she thought I learned my lesson.. after 5 minutes, I was ready to commit suicide.

Crazy Asian
10-20-2009, 08:40 PM
and look what happened to those kids. Some of those kids hated their life and thought in the future they wanted the best for their children. But look what happened. They spoiled them rotten. Those kids are what is today's generation. By far the worst and stupidest I have to say. Seriously no respect for anyone, and they just do whatever they please. It's not even a rebellion, it's sheer stupidity to the max.

BABY J
10-20-2009, 08:41 PM
One time, I called my Mom a bitch.. shit hit the roof, She whoop'd my ass took me to the drive way, threw some uncooked rice on the ground and told me to get on my knees on top of the rice and not dare move until she thought I learned my lesson.. after 5 minutes, I was ready to commit suicide.

LMFAO!!! Worst ass whooping I got ever... hmmm. Oh I know.

I was 14 years old. My mom didn't let me do something that was OBVIOUSLY important... I mean I was 14 and GROWN, sheesh. :rolleyes: She sent me to my room. I went to my room and I slammed the door.

"BAM" (this was a "baby" BAM ... not the real deal)

Then I thought about it to myself... "bitch I'm 14 years old - I'm grown". So I opened the door back and yelled down the hallway... "that's why one day you're gonna get old and ask to move in with me and I'm gonna say HELL naw!!!!":taun:

<that wasn't a good idea, :no: you could NOT curse in my house. Even saying "heck" meant that you were IMPLYING "hell" - that was just as bad as the real deal>

I intended to slam the door, but DEFINITELY not as hard as I slammed it. I let the door rip with all my might...

BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2up:

Then I heard about 1 or 2 or 8 pictures fall off the wall in the hallway and break.:eek:

<woops>

I laid across the bed. It was over...

NOT! I heard that fuckin' door creep open. I turned around JUSSSSSST in time to see my mom walking in it. As I got off the bed I saw her draw her right arm back (mind you at 14 years old I was well on my way to becoming a black-belt in JKD - my reflexes were excellent... but this bitch moved FAST - LOL).

Her drawing that arm back was the very last memory I have of childhood. My next memory since that day was when I went to Saudi Arabia. I was 21 years old and in the Air Force. :D LMFAO That bitch hit me so hard it put my memory in a time lapse. From that day until 21 is a fucking blur. LOL:D

quickdodgeŽ
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I never knew that story, J. Now it all makes sense when we were on the phone the other evening and you were telling me about your Mom asking about moving in with you next month. And you told me you were like, "HELL naw!"

Damn, dude. I didn't know you were keeping a promise. I applaud you for being true to your word, homeboy. Later, QD.

BABY J
10-20-2009, 08:48 PM
^^^ LOL

zspeed24
10-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm not quite at that thirty mark but damn close to it. I actually found my old Commodore 64 at moms place the other day and was debating on setting it up for the hell of it. I bet kids now wouldn't know what a microfiche was either.

quickdodgeŽ
10-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Me in my bedroom the motherfucking day most of you cats were born. 1986. Lolol! Later, QD.

MachNU
10-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Last time I got my ass kicked by my dad, he handed me the phone after beating the shit out of me and told me, go ahead, dial 911... if you do, I promise you next time you will be dialing with your tongue.. I will never forget that...

HOLY SHIT! My dad told me and my brother the same thing, except it was handing us the phone and saying "I have 5 minutes until they get here!"

NAMNORI
10-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Fuck me I hoped that I would never make it to this age range but in retrospect damn I was a dumbass , oh well you live and learn now I'm hoping I don't make it to the nursing home stage!!!!!

BABY J
10-21-2009, 12:42 AM
I hope I die the day before I'm ever admitted to a home. I've lived - so I refuse to have it any other way... crumpled up raisin w/ arthritis tryna see what OGs are still on IA. Take me outta the game.

FasTech
10-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Old fucks.

mikesEK
10-21-2009, 02:46 AM
I was born in the year of this countries 200th birthday

I usta buy my moma cigarettes for 75cent...with a note ..lol

I rode skateborads...and was an considered an outcast
now if you ride a skate board ...yer just ....ridin a skatebaord

i usta get my arsh TOWWWW-UP by my priciple ...ahhh yes..DR.SHIVERS ((chamblee.Ga))
do they even paddle kids in school these days?!?!?! ((i bet not))

mikesEK
10-21-2009, 02:51 AM
only part that i dislike about gettin old ....is shit hurts MORE and LONGER
and i loose motor funtion in my hands when its really cold out ((sorta scary)):(

i stumped my toe like 3weeks ago....i can still feel that shit

but i havnt gave up yet ..i TRY to stay in shape ..and fuck like 22-26
year old chicks....you old bastards might not have that luxury:lmfao:

but then agian they DOOOOO call me......BRAD PITT.....NO bullshit man..THEY REALLY DO:yes:

Lurker
10-21-2009, 02:52 AM
old check'in in

DeeAOne
10-21-2009, 02:55 AM
i LIRL'ed at most of this shit.

old bitches. :tongue1: lol

punkr6
10-21-2009, 03:10 AM
who is the oldest ACTIVE member on IA i wonder.....

mikesEK
10-21-2009, 03:14 AM
who is the oldest ACTIVE member on IA i wonder.....Julio:lmfao: ((edited)) you mean like the oldest age-wise
or the oldest like the earliest join date?

punkr6
10-21-2009, 03:20 AM
Julio:lmfao: ((edited)) you mean like the oldest age-wise
or the oldest like the earliest join date?

age...

TSiFTW
10-21-2009, 05:07 AM
All that said though, I wouldn't trade how we grew up for the way it is now. We are (well most of us) harder stronger people. Most of the kids I see at the middle school my step son goes to are fucking pansy ass little fucks. All the damn little 20-21 year olds like to talk shit till you step to them, then they run and laugh at you while THEY are running away. All I got to say is Fuck, what happened to the youth?

quickdodgeŽ
10-21-2009, 07:39 AM
but then agian they DOOOOO call me......BRAD PITT.....NO bullshit man..THEY REALLY DO:yes:

It started in 1996. After my divorce, I had moved to a small town North of Fort Worth, TX. Got a job at a plant making those books that wallpaper samples go in. My supervisor asked me if anyone had ever told me that I looked like Nicholas Cage from Con Air. No one had ever said that to me before. After that, it happened all the time out there. I moved back to Atlanta in 1998 and it started happening here as well. This started 13 years ago.

Literally three days ago, I was at the drive thru window at Taco Bell and the girl handed me my food and asked me if I knew I looked like the guy from Con Air...Nicholas Cage. Thirteen years running I have been told this.

who is the oldest ACTIVE member on IA i wonder.....

I'm the oldest (in age) active long time member. Echo has me by a year (I believe) in age, but has not the time on IA that I do. Later, QD.

punkr6
10-21-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm the oldest (in age) active long time member. Echo has me by a year (I believe) in age, but has not the time on IA that I do. Later, QD.

Oh shit, I may be the oldest active member in age then, I'm pretty sure I'm older then you....

Echonova
10-21-2009, 07:48 AM
It started in 1996. After my divorce, I had moved to a small town North of Fort Worth, TX. Got a job at a plant making those books that wallpaper samples go in. My supervisor asked me if anyone had ever told me that I looked like Nicholas Cage from Con Air. No one had ever said that to me before. After that, it happened all the time out there. I moved back to Atlanta in 1998 and it started happening here as well. This started 13 years ago.

Literally three days ago, I was at the drive thru window at Taco Bell and the girl handed me my food and asked me if I knew I looked like the guy from Con Air...Nicholas Cage. Thirteen years running I have been told this.

I'm the oldest (in age) active long time member. Echo has me by a year (I believe) in age, but has not the time on IA that I do. Later, QD.Nope, you are older than me. Old man;)

quickdodgeŽ
10-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Oh shit, I may be the oldest active member in age then, I'm pretty sure I'm older then you....

I didn't think so. My age in the upper right is correct.

Nope, you are older than me. Old man;)

I thought you had me by a year? Later, QD.

Jdm94Coupe
10-21-2009, 04:02 PM
I didn't think so. My age in the upper right is correct.

If it is, he's older than you QD....

BABY J
10-21-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm the youngest on IA... I'm a baby j.

Echonova
10-21-2009, 04:09 PM
I thought you had me by a year? Later, QD.Negative ghost rider.

ahmonrah
10-22-2009, 11:41 PM
All that said though, I wouldn't trade how we grew up for the way it is now. We are (well most of us) harder stronger people. Most of the kids I see at the middle school my step son goes to are fucking pansy ass little fucks. All the damn little 20-21 year olds like to talk shit till you step to them, then they run and laugh at you while THEY are running away. All I got to say is Fuck, what happened to the youth?
co sign!

HundoŽ
10-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

this needs to be put back in effect. for youth such as catnip and simontibbett.

quickdodgeŽ
10-23-2009, 11:43 AM

this needs to be put back in effect. for youth such as catnip and simontibbett.

It's true, man. Parents are afraid to touch their children, or simply just don't, so discipline is not instilled. I've been whipped by parents, neighbors parents, principals and all. Sometimes for the same damn offense. I know of a few times where I would get in trouble in school and the principal would call my Mom at work to tell her and ask her permission to paddle me. I'd get home that afternoon and then she would whip me because the principal called her at work. Lolol. Double time and shit. Later, QD.

95alty
10-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Well this crap still goes on in "my community" lol.... Adults who dont even know me tell me if i do something they will whoop my ass... Im like fuck that im 21 years old you wont do ish to me... So congrats to living so long you old geezers

Echonova
10-24-2009, 07:39 AM
The principle at my Elementary school had a paddle with holes drilled in it, that way every time he swung to spank you, it whistled. I remember that damn paddle to this day.

EL42
10-24-2009, 03:16 PM
it was even crazier as a kid,i came to the U.S. in'87. so coming from a whole other country,all my peers seemed spoiled. but now when my daughter asks me for stuff that's not important. i say "GET A JOB!" every time it reminds me of what my parent's would say.

quickdodgeŽ
10-25-2009, 11:21 AM
The principle at my Elementary school had a paddle with holes drilled in it, that way every time he swung to spank you, it whistled. I remember that damn paddle to this day.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KxT3bZCpsqw/SWtp7H7encI/AAAAAAAAE-s/eAXdlJghREo/s400/paddle.jpg

I remember those paddles. We used to get them in grade school. To us, it seemed like we were being washboarded. Later, QD.

EL42
10-25-2009, 02:57 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KxT3bZCpsqw/SWtp7H7encI/AAAAAAAAE-s/eAXdlJghREo/s400/paddle.jpg

playing Alice Cooper's "No More Mr.Nice Guy" :lmfao:

Slow Motion
10-25-2009, 07:35 PM
THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!
If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears

with their tedious diatribes about how hard things

were.

When they were growing up; what with walking

Twenty-five miles to sch ool every morning.... Uphill...

barefoot... BOTH waysYadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

There were no MP3' s orNapsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy 20 Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... forever!
And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,
The Over 30 Crowd

To all of that^^^up there in bold. I remember all of that and I'm an 83' baby.