PDA

View Full Version : Misc diet ???

LaurenK
10-17-2005, 03:14 PM
So, whats the easiest way to lose weight fast? I can't wait to hear this...
Also, how long (do u all) think it would take to lose 20-25 lbs?

Tracy
10-17-2005, 03:34 PM
South Beach Diet. I lost 17 lbs in a couple of weeks and kept it off until I started traveling for race season and started eating too much fast food. I have the book if you want to borrow it or it only costs $14 at Kroger.

LaurenK
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Is it hard?! You can't drink alcohol on that diet though...lol...right? ;)

Tracy
10-17-2005, 03:44 PM
No you can. Just not for the first 2 weeks you can't drink. It's like you are balancing out your body. The diet is more about the way you eat...not cutting things out. Like if you must have bread, eat whole grain. If you must have ice cream, don't get low fat because fat blocks sugars. If ice cream is low fat, they just add more sugar to compensate for taste so it's better to just go ahead and eat the regular ice cream. Raw broccoli is better than cooked broccoili but when you cook it you shouldn't microwave it because it breaks it down too much. It teaches you how to combine your food to make it work the best.

I did the diet for an entire year. It was super easy. I'm not a diet kind of girl really. I started again last week and already lost 5 lbs.

The Yousef
10-17-2005, 04:01 PM
i can let you borrow some of my metabolism (i blink...i lose 40 pounds) :goodjob:

if that helps?

yousef

Tracy
10-17-2005, 04:03 PM
i can let you borrow some of my metabolism (i blink...i lose 40 pounds) :goodjob:

if that helps?

yousef

Dan has the same problem

JustinSane110™
10-17-2005, 04:09 PM

if that helps?

yousef
Shit same here, whenever I dont bust my ass at the gym and stay on my clean bulking diet then I lose weight. Over the past 4-5 weeks I've been away from the gym, I've been eating Mc'D's or Burger King or somethin like that every day and lost like 17 pounds, WTF?!? :mad:

But, anyways Lauren if you need any help with gettin some diet foods or a workout regimen or whatever straight, hit me up I'll help you out. :)

Xrated O.G.
10-17-2005, 04:11 PM
I started again last week and already lost 5 lbs.

Well Im glad to hear that. So looking back on a previous conversation between us, the pics should be soon correct? LOL...

Tracy
10-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Well Im glad to hear that. So looking back on a previous conversation between us, the pics should be soon correct? LOL...

LOL. Yes :hot:

Xrated O.G.
10-17-2005, 04:18 PM
LOL. Yes :hot:

PURE HOTNESS..... +10 to you

HyPer50
10-18-2005, 02:41 AM
Hey Tracy, isn't the South Beach diet similar to the Atkins style diet? I'm thinkin' about trying something soon... just can't decide what... I'm one of those kind of folks who, if I'm going to diet, I need somebody (or a book) to tell me exactly what to eat lol... I dont like it when they say, well you can have this, but not that... Thats why when I "tried" the atkins thing... all I ate was like eggs, hamburger patties, bacon, etc lol... I'm sure that week probably took a few months off the life of my heart.

AtifSajid
10-18-2005, 08:30 AM
or she can come over to my place if Joshy isnt doing the job right!!

LaurenK
10-18-2005, 10:18 AM
damnit! ya'll aren't helping a bit...except for tracy!

Tracy
10-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Hey Tracy, isn't the South Beach diet similar to the Atkins style diet? I'm thinkin' about trying something soon... just can't decide what... I'm one of those kind of folks who, if I'm going to diet, I need somebody (or a book) to tell me exactly what to eat lol... I dont like it when they say, well you can have this, but not that... Thats why when I "tried" the atkins thing... all I ate was like eggs, hamburger patties, bacon, etc lol... I'm sure that week probably took a few months off the life of my heart.

NO! The South Beach Diet is not like Atkins at all. It seems like it for the first 2 weeks, but after that it is not. The first 2 weeks is just a cleansing process and after that there are 2 more phases that introduce you body to carbs again (just better carbs like whole grains and fiber). The diet was actually made for the doctors heart patients. It's origional intention was to keep this doctors patients hearts and blood healthy. He found out through this that his patients lost a considerable amount of weight on his program. This diet didn't start off as a gimmick diet at all. It had a true purpose. The book is awesome. It's all written so that everyday people like us can understand it. It explains why you are doing the things you are doing...not just do it because I said it works. It all makes perfect sense if you take the time to read the book. The actual reading is only 40 pages. The rest is a glucose index for foods and recipes. Once you read the book and understand why you are eating the way the SBD tells you to, the recipes aren't necessary unless you just want to use them for ideas.

Spyder
10-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Fastest way to lose weight, Crystal Meth.

Tracy
10-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Fastest way to lose weight, Crystal Meth.

LOL! Been there, done that! It's just not good for the long term :D

JustinSane110™
10-18-2005, 12:55 PM
damnit! ya'll aren't helping a bit...except for tracy!
I said I'd help, just need to know what kinda schedule you're running so I can give you a better idea of what kinda diet to go on. Whether you're gonna have time to eat at home every meal or what to get at a drive through that's gonna be good for you. I really wouldn't recommend these Atkins type diets since they put your body into "no carb" mode for so long that you adapt to it and your metabolism is gonna slow because of it and when you come off the diet guess what happens, you gain it all back and then some since your metabolism is still gonna be slowed to compensate for the diet. There's a whole lot of specifics that need to be taken into account for what you wanna do.

LaurenK
10-20-2005, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't say the adkins diet doesn't work cause I know it does. Josh lost 85 pounds on that diet and he has kept it off...he made sort of a lifestyle change though. I hate wking out, But I am going to have to start doing that, because diet helps for a little while, but then I completely plateau! I hate that~I am an on the go-type girl. I am always in a rush to do everything! I need a diet that I can just grab and go...does that help at all?

NEONRACER
10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
The problem witt having an "on the go" lifestyle is that most of your food will be from re-fined foods. Unless you can make meals days in advance and have them ready it is really hard. It takes time to prepare healthy food most of the time. If your not exercising your only cheating yourself. Exercising does more than burn calories, it tightens and tones muscles. You can be skinny and still have flabby arms (no that you do, I don't know).You can have a small waist line but not see your abs. Exercise is hard for alot of people to get into but most people who give it 100% effort end up liking it and are very proud of the results.

JustinSane110™
10-20-2005, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't say the adkins diet doesn't work cause I know it does. Josh lost 85 pounds on that diet and he has kept it off...he made sort of a lifestyle change though. I hate wking out, But I am going to have to start doing that, because diet helps for a little while, but then I completely plateau! I hate that~I am an on the go-type girl. I am always in a rush to do everything! I need a diet that I can just grab and go...does that help at all?
Well, what I meant to say is that it doesn't work for most people that aren't willing to make the full commitment after the diet. There's a lot out there that'll lose it and go back to what they were doing before. But, being on the go and out a lot is gonna make it kinda tough. Especially since most of what you need is probably gonna have to be done at home. Green leafy vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, spinach etc.) are known to help shed bodyfat and water weight. If you go through a drive thru for lunch or whatever, try to go for the grilled chicken sandwiches...no sauce, (that part is gonna hurt at first but you get used to it, lol). Cardio is a must, but when you do it try a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) approach. Start off with 5 minutes of brisk walking, then switch to jogging for 2-3 minutes, then back to walking for another 5, then back up to jogging. Don't go past 30-45 minutes with the cardio though, because you don't wanna overtrain. Now if your goal is to drop weight and tone up at the same time then you'll definitely have to throw in some light weight work too, I can give you a basic guideline of what you can do if you want. Now the fun part is on the diet you have to cheat 1-2 days out of the week, keeps your metabolism running so you'll actually drop some more that way and get past those plateaus. Trust me on that, I know all about plateaus, I was stuck between 195-200lbs and couldn't get past it for anything until I got my diet nailed and went up to 215. Of course we both have different goals, you wanna lose and I'm trying to gain but either way the diet is gonna be the key to it all. Just let me know if you need anything else. :)

Tracy
10-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Now the fun part is on the diet you have to cheat 1-2 days out of the week, keeps your metabolism running so you'll actually drop some more that way and get past those plateaus. :)

I am so happy to hear yet 1 more person say this! YAY! 2 of my trainers have told me this and I was just so shocked and I found it hard to believe. I cheat 1 or 2 days a week and it seems to be fine. I also work out 2.5 hours 4-5 days a week so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I'm sure the Atkins diet does work..is it healty? IMO how could it be? JUST my :2cents:

JustinSane110™
10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
I am so happy to hear yet 1 more person say this! YAY! 2 of my trainers have told me this and I was just so shocked and I found it hard to believe. I cheat 1 or 2 days a week and it seems to be fine. I also work out 2.5 hours 4-5 days a week so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I'm sure the Atkins diet does work..is it healty? IMO how could it be? JUST my :2cents:
Yeah, cheating is an absolute must haha. Cheat frequency depends on bf% though. Less bf% you gotta cheat a little more. I got somewhere between 6-7% bf, so I gotta cheat 2-3 times a week. I got so into my diet that I almost dont look forward to cheat days, lol.

As far as the Atkins diet, I've read a lot of recent articles that say it isn't the most healthy thing for you. I'll see if I can dig some of them up and post up the links or articles. :)

99ITRGIRL
10-20-2005, 05:04 PM
lets do an IA diet support group!!! We can motivate each other!!

LaurenK
10-20-2005, 05:36 PM
I think that's a freaking great idea! So, I need to eat vegetables and protein during the week and cheat on the weekends? Someone out together a diet schedule for me. lol...

Leisa
10-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Lauren shut the hell up you dont need to go on a damn diet

JustinSane110™
10-20-2005, 06:20 PM
So, I need to eat vegetables and protein during the week and cheat on the weekends? Someone out together a diet schedule for me. lol...
Pretty much but you'll probably be better off splitting it up on like wednesday and saturday, then kinda cheat on sunday but not that much to spread it more evenly through the week.

LaurenK
10-21-2005, 08:21 AM
I thought you said ONLY TWO DAYS! And how much do I wk out? And I really don't care about tone as much as I care about losing fat at this point. When I lose the weight I'll look more tone any ways.

Tracy
10-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I thought you said ONLY TWO DAYS! And how much do I wk out? And I really don't care about tone as much as I care about losing fat at this point. When I lose the weight I'll look more tone any ways.

usually you need to do cardio at least 3 times a week for at least 45 mins/day that you do cardio.

JustinSane110™
10-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Haha, yeah I did say 2 days but since you wont be working out on sunday then its ok to kinda cheat just not too much. Tracy's got it right for the cardio, about 45 minutes a day and try the HIIT that I posted about earlier. If you're not gonna do weight work then the ideal time for the cardio would be right when you wake up before eating so you're body will be almost forced to burn fat for energy rather than what you just ate.

Tracy
10-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Yay! I' getting so good at this health stuff.....

LaurenK
10-23-2005, 03:00 PM
YAY!

Brut
10-23-2005, 09:03 PM
stick ur finger down ur throat every other day

LaurenK
10-24-2005, 12:09 PM
yEA...That would be good...

GirlieZ
10-24-2005, 09:56 PM
its not a diet its a lifestyle change. consider working out, watching consumption and what you consume. most of all its all about structure!

SaraX5
10-25-2005, 12:42 AM
i need to lose 500 lbs

GirlieZ
10-25-2005, 01:07 AM
haha when did u gain that? party like paris maybe? joshin ;)

LaurenK
10-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Yes, and that's the problem...I like to eat, lol...

GirlieZ
10-25-2005, 09:16 AM
haha i like to eat too, thats why i workout 20 hrs a week, im a little compulsive. No ones perfect, you can always go with the "hell i only live once" route.

Tracy
10-25-2005, 11:03 AM
I love to eat and drink...that is also why I workout like a mad woman!

Once you get to a certain age...something has to give for most women. It happened to me at 25. It was like the day I turned 25, I started gaining weight. Up until that point I weighed between 90-110 lbs. I couldn't gain weight to save my life. I used to have to shop in the little kids section in high school it was so bad. Everyone used to tell me "you better be careful, one day it will catch up to you"...and it has. So now I have to work out...A LOT!

GirlieZ
10-25-2005, 01:22 PM
word but that happened as soon as a dropped out of elite swimming, like 18, then i grew boobs and an ass, up until then i was 14 perdent body fat, never had a period, a buck 135 and a size 2. pure muscle. its a different formula now. bastard genetics

Tracy
10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
word but that happened as soon as a dropped out of elite swimming, like 18, then i grew boobs and an ass, up until then i was 14 perdent body fat, never had a period, a buck 135 and a size 2. pure muscle. its a different formula now. bastard genetics

and hormones! :)

GirlieZ
10-26-2005, 01:31 AM
haha working out gives me hormones! :idb:

ill run with that

GirlieZ
10-26-2005, 01:57 AM
haha studies prove it has postive effects,im not saying yeah or neigh

melisme0
10-26-2005, 02:13 AM
shoot i eat like a horse and can't gain any weight and you guys are wanting to get rid of some i'll take it lol

LaurenK
10-26-2005, 01:54 PM
SHUT UP.

GirlieZ
10-26-2005, 03:51 PM
i would love to live in the playboy mansion, lol. you know its off the chain. and hef is the poster child for lots of sex!

LaurenK
10-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Ok...back on topic.

GirlieZ
10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
haha sorry, just a slight obsession with the girls next door on E!

but honeslty i dont go for all the diet bullshit. i have been through alot with my weight, being an elite swimmer puts alot of stress on that topic. I have found the best way is to be honest with yourself. Eat what your body needs, not what it wants. Give int o cravings, dont binge. You will find yourself crazy if you dont ever treat yourself. And be well rounded, my formula is higher carbs and lower protien in the am and rverse that equation as you head on with ur day. I always eat a salad too, vitamins and regulation. And drink tons of H2O

WINDSOR
06-04-2006, 03:30 PM
diets work to a point..the south beach diet is good but you need to combine aerobics and weight training to complement them. Women have it harder to lose weight then men since they have less muscle and therefore their bodies use calories at a lesser rate. If you don't do the weight training and you look like a pear if you lose weight you just end up looking like a smaller pear but if you combine weight training diet/cardio/diet the results are damn amazing because weight training will make your arms/legs/stomach more lean (and smaller)...don't think you are going to get huge muscles because its not possible without testosterone.

I've lost over 30lbs of fat using this method and a modified South beach diet.

{X}Echo419
06-05-2006, 08:27 AM
So, whats the easiest way to lose weight fast? I can't wait to hear this...
Also, how long (do u all) think it would take to lose 20-25 lbs?

it's not easy. if you want to do it healthy and Keep it off. :2cents:
but it is "simple". good luck