PDA

View Full Version : Huge Problem here and need help fast PLEASE!!!!!

hendaddy02
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I have a 2001 Honda Prelude that one day all of the sudden I went to the post office and turned the car off and when I went to leave,Nothing.I checked to see if the fuel pump was working and it was but I checked to see if it was getting fire and it wasn't.Now I have been through the entire car every wire all the relays and fuses everything.I even put my distributor and coil on another Prelude and it worked just fine.I even changed the crank pick and still nothing.I did try another ecu and still nothing but from what I was told another ecu will not start it being an obdII.If this true cause that is the last thing left every ground is good also,would I have to get the,or could I get the computer reprogrammed and if so will my key work or if I got another ecu would I have to get another key or would I have to reprogram it also.And last but not least where could I get all this done?Sorry for the book but I really need help I need a car lol. Thanks

masonhenson
10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
hmm.. broken timing belt? that would cause no fire

teh_mugen18
10-19-2009, 03:41 PM
It could also be the Main Relay...

D15B
10-19-2009, 04:10 PM
yea go get a main relay from a friend and test it.

hendaddy02
10-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah still in time just put a new timing belt on it and checked the timing again and its good and all relays are good.We think it me be the transponder and if so anyone know who has one cause those things are expensive from honda.:goodjob:

Barefoot
10-19-2009, 09:24 PM
It could also be the Main Relay...

yea go get a main relay from a friend and test it.fuel pumps working not a relay.

any kinda alarm.

hendaddy02
10-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Nope no alarm,the only thig we have not tested in the transponder,so now I trying to figure out if I can get a used one and what else is needed cause I know they have to match the ecu too if I'm correct and no way I can afford a honda ecu.