PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems

Captain-Obvious™
10-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I just put a new motor into my hatch. I cannot get power to the car. The headlights don't work, ignition doesn't work. The battery is not dead. And I have tried multiple ones. I put a jumper box on the car that runs a 100 amp starter mode, and then the car gets power. But when I turn the car over it turns very slow and only once or twice.

This problem was happening before I even took the old motor out/unhooked anything from after locking the b16.

So to recap, I can't get power from the battery to the car, unless I run the mega 100 amp box, and even then it doesn't work properly.

dallasb84
10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
get a meter and start doing ground checks....

also check continuity in your interior fuse panel, then to engine compartment. finally to battery.

youll have to check several circuits (possibly) so start by making a list on paper of the circuits needed to start the car.

if this is too much start on the ignition circuit. then check accessories circuit..... its usually a pretty good circuit to troubleshoot for the rest of the car.

prolly a relay or a blown fuse..... the starter spinning slow is kinda wierd

HMGDRFTER
10-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Def. check your grounds. I had a similar problem with my 300zx couple months ago, but it was my positive battery terminal it was rusted, and it wasn't sending power to the Z, there was no click, no kind of power, my headlights, everything was dead, the car was just sitting nothing would work at first i thought it was my ground, but it was just my terminal. what you can do is get one of those light testers, ground it, and instead of touching the metal part of the postive terminal, go like 6 inches from the terminal and touch the actual wire to see if your getting power.

Captain-Obvious™
10-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Anything else?