PDA

View Full Version : I just called the cops.....

02SloWrx
10-17-2009, 12:24 PM
After just waking up, I went to my car to get something. As i approach my car I see a big dent on left side of my car, I'm like WTF is this. So i look at the car next to me, and there is my paint all over the other car. I measured the hight of his car where my paint is, and where my demage is, and they match. So I called the cops to make a report, they should be here shortly.

I hate stupid drivers who dont know how to park, grrrr.

jhadleyh
10-17-2009, 12:26 PM
you should prolly be outside waiting for the popo....not sitting on IA

02SloWrx
10-17-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm sitting where I can see my car, I'll get out as soon as i see the popo or someone or something get inside the other car.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 12:27 PM
After just waking up, I went to my car to get something. As i approach my car I see a big dent on left side of my car, I'm like WTF is this. So i look at the car next to me, and there is my paint all over the other car. I measured the hight of his car where my paint is, and where my demage is, and they match. So I called the cops to make a report, they should be here shortly.

I hate stupid drivers who dont know how to park, grrrr.

That's awesome. I don't know, but it could end up being a DUI. I don't know if that can hold up or be proven this far into it. I would imagine that the driver had to be drunk to not realize hitting your car. And even if it was just a bad parking job, if I were to hit someone and realize it and NOT want to own up to it, I'd be parking somewhere else. That's why I think this person may have been inebriated. Later, QD.

03RCode
10-17-2009, 12:31 PM
That's awesome. I don't know, but it could end up being a DUI. I don't know if that can hold up or be proven this far into it. I would imagine that the driver had to be drunk to not realize hitting your car. And even if it was just a bad parking job, if I were to hit someone and realize it and NOT want to own up to it, I'd be parking somewhere else. That's why I think this person may have been inebriated. Later, QD.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If you're not going to own up to it, and you're sober... why continue to park beside it?

jhadleyh
10-17-2009, 12:32 PM
this could get interesting

Lurker
10-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Shit on their hood.

bdydrpdmazda
10-17-2009, 12:35 PM
mother fuckin subie abuse :police:

Lurker
10-17-2009, 12:37 PM
After the cop leaves.

bowdown201
10-17-2009, 12:39 PM

I dont think they can still charge you with a DUI if your not still in the vehicle. Maybe charge them with some kind of wreckless driving or something. Though cops still can give a DUI though if your in the car and say the keys are in the back seat, my buddy almost learned that the hard way when he was caught sleeping in his car after partying the night before.

D3UC3S
10-17-2009, 12:43 PM
I had that happen at a buddies apt. I was fuking pissed. The kid tried to deny it but when we all confronted him and he saw there was no way he didn't do it, he ended up giving me $200 in cash.

G/L with getting your situation resolved....hopefully they will treat it like a hit and run...get his tag documented...and take it from there. Look at it this way...NEW PAINT JOB!!!! WOOT!!:cheers:

02SloWrx
10-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Cop came in like 10 minutes, WOOT Dekalb police.

Here is the story.

Cop came, "hey what happened". I tell him the story and I tell him that I think the car next to me hit me. He asked me do I know how drives the car, and i said no. He goes on his computer runs the other car plate and it comes up the lady that lives under me, hit my car. We call her out, she comes out. She was really nice old lady, and took the blame.

Her insurance should cover everything, I just gotta wait for the police report.

Cop said he can charge her with hit and run ticket, but since she was so nice to admit to the blame, he didn't give her a ticket.

So her insurance will be paying for my new paint job.

jhadleyh
10-17-2009, 12:59 PM
cool at least it the problem got resolved

bdydrpdmazda
10-17-2009, 01:02 PM
lucky break, what kinda dummy forgets to run in a hit and run though

02SloWrx
10-17-2009, 01:03 PM
One more thing, she stratched one my rpf1 rims, I hope her insurance covers that to.

tmracing83
10-17-2009, 01:03 PM

X2. Dumbass had to be drunk to hit it car and still park right next to it.

02SloWrx
10-17-2009, 01:04 PM
X2. Dumbass had to be drunk to hit it car and still park right next to it.

In this situation, I love dumbass people. buhahah

D3UC3S
10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Glad to hear it worked out!!!

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Cop came in like 10 minutes, WOOT Dekalb police.

Here is the story.

Cop came, "hey what happened". I tell him the story and I tell him that I think the car next to me hit me. He asked me do I know how drives the car, and i said no. He goes on his computer runs the other car plate and it comes up the lady that lives under me, hit my car. We call her out, she comes out. She was really nice old lady, and took the blame.

Her insurance should cover everything, I just gotta wait for the police report.

Cop said he can charge her with hit and run ticket, but since she was so nice to admit to the blame, he didn't give her a ticket.

So her insurance will be paying for my new paint job.

Good news to hear. In all the stories where nothing seems to work out right, it's nice to read about a story that does. And all involved are ok and shit. Later, QD.

You_Wish
10-17-2009, 01:47 PM
was it a big ass lincoln continental

Nittanys1
10-17-2009, 01:53 PM
One more thing, she stratched one my rpf1 rims, I hope her insurance covers that to.

They should cover it if you can show how the scratch happened when she hit it. I would take pics of it before you move your car because the rims isnt going to be at the same place once you drive it. If they cover it make sure to keep the other rim for a full sized spare ;)