PDA

View Full Version : so i needed some cheap monitoring tools for work...

Paul
10-16-2009, 02:40 PM
so boss has been on my ass about us blocking/monitoring websites etc at work... there are a billion options but i'm very very limited on time right now w/ us going to SEMA in a couple weeks. so i bought this 50$ piece of software called SSPRO 5.5. it basically copies key strokes, web browsing, im's, etc.... it also does snap shots like the below... someone was worried big brother is watching. lol

also this software is easily deployed and can be managed by one central database. i highly recommend it for anyone managing under 100 computers that wants a nice cheap solution to monitor employees.

guinness
10-16-2009, 06:28 PM
lol,that would be awesome if they could build something as easy and nice as that for a huge network.then again though,that would limit me in one of areas of work.very nice all the same.i'll have to check this out to see how it does on my home network!

green91
10-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I use squid at work and made my own ACL and use DansGuardian with it. Its very easy to block advertisements, sites, flash content etc with acls. With squid i use a program called SARG to generate reports about usage and another program called SqStat to monitor active connections. With a 2gb cache set up on the server i maintain about a 10% in cache hit rate which is actually pretty decent. Also delay pools can be set up for the entire LAN as well as individuals.. so if ive got someone downloading massive files, i can choke thier bandwidth automatically past a certain kb or mb.

Cost: a few hours of my time :)

Paul
10-17-2009, 01:46 PM
I use squid at work and made my own ACL and use DansGuardian with it. Its very easy to block advertisements, sites, flash content etc with acls. With squid i use a program called SARG to generate reports about usage and another program called SqStat to monitor active connections. With a 2gb cache set up on the server i maintain about a 10% in cache hit rate which is actually pretty decent. Also delay pools can be set up for the entire LAN as well as individuals.. so if ive got someone downloading massive files, i can choke thier bandwidth automatically past a certain kb or mb.

Cost: a few hours of my time :)

ya i'll have to check those out for now 50$ software is working great... some other great shots from the snapshots.....

THEYBF :lmao: some dumb shit - and backgammon while trying to finish our catalog; no wonder graphics dept is behind. :rolleyes:

BanginJimmy
10-19-2009, 03:59 PM
lol at Young, Black, and Fabulous