PDA

View Full Version : Cars my trackday videos

chuck
10-16-2009, 12:09 PM
some of my video from my last 2 track days, both at road atlanta with NASA, HPDE1 then 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIv_3dGuYp4 <----my first time ever on track, managed to get in a few passes on some of the nervous higher HP cars, got passed a fair share too :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M--2fbR4Yw <----next event, 2 months later, had my first spin about 7 minutes in T3...was my first SOLO session ever; one class up, faster cars, faster drivers but managed to keep pace decently with some.

more to come in november, will be my 3rd track event, can't wait!!!

dustinkelley
10-16-2009, 03:37 PM
did it scare you when you spun out?

looks real fun!

chuck
10-16-2009, 05:00 PM
did it scare you when you spun out?

looks real fun!

a little scary when it first broke loose, i knew i had a pretty good buffer between me and the cars behind though...my biggest worry was stalling in the middle of the track, got lucky to get clear, the corner workers did a perfect job pointing me pack into a gap in cars on the track.

tons of fun, glad i didn't hit anything or anyone....cant wait to do it again

Big Baller
10-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Looks pretty good. Need to get you off that HPDE line and you will be faster. I may be there at the next Nasa event, if I'm there I usually instruct. See if you can get an instructor that races and get him to help you with the line. Yours isn't bad but if you use more of the track and the curbing you will be a lot faster.

Matt

chuck
10-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Looks pretty good. Need to get you off that HPDE line and you will be faster. I may be there at the next Nasa event, if I'm there I usually instruct. See if you can get an instructor that races and get him to help you with the line. Yours isn't bad but if you use more of the track and the curbing you will be a lot faster.

Matt

yeah, i've definitely got a lot more track to use, gotta work on that and my corner entry speeds...i'm still playing it too safe, think i'm making progress at least.

can you instruct for DE2 in december?? or where you suggesting i find someone else? i'm still kinda learning the rules and ways as i go, but i can still have an instructor in DE2 if i want right? i ran DE2 solo the last event, kinda liked the instructor being there, seemed like they all have a different line. i was just starting to mix their opinions but i'll always want someone else's.

Big Baller
10-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah just shoot me a PM to remind me and Ill come out in December. Everyone has a little different line, but instructors tend to put people on the uber safe line. Ill put you on the fast line. Whoever you had before couldn't have been to bad though because you are pretty close.

Elbow
10-19-2009, 01:50 PM
What event in November? You look good out there.

chuck
10-20-2009, 08:33 AM
What event in November? You look good out there.

opps...was thinking of CMP in Nov, will just be working there, driving at Road A in Dec...just the NASA events as usual.

you going?

chuck
10-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah just shoot me a PM to remind me and Ill come out in December. Everyone has a little different line, but instructors tend to put people on the uber safe line. Ill put you on the fast line. Whoever you had before couldn't have been to bad though because you are pretty close.

sweet, will do...sounds good.

either of you know if i can run DE2 all weekend with an instructor.

Big Baller
10-20-2009, 11:38 AM
sweet, will do...sounds good.

either of you know if i can run DE2 all weekend with an instructor.

Yeah you should be able to. I won't be driving so I won't have anything else to do

Elbow
10-23-2009, 09:34 PM
opps...was thinking of CMP in Nov, will just be working there, driving at Road A in Dec...just the NASA events as usual.

you going?

Yeah I'll be at the one in December.