PDA

View Full Version : Aint this some.....

95alty
10-16-2009, 12:05 PM
So I'm chilling at global imports right now and I'm looking at cars while mine gets its service... mind you I'm wearing sweats, a hoodie, have a scruffy beard and some vans on. You know I still haven't been approach by anyone and I'm interested in a new car... what's your thoughts IA

Sammich
10-16-2009, 12:08 PM
THEY HATE YOUR VANS

dimsumboy
10-16-2009, 12:10 PM
lift your arms and take a sniff to see if you offend?

bdydrpdmazda
10-16-2009, 12:13 PM
THEY HATE YOUR VANS

lift your arms and take a sniff to see if you offend?
both great points

95alty
10-16-2009, 12:15 PM
I was hoping the big USMC on my goody would mean "hey stable job" but I guess they didn't get the memo

quickdodgeŽ
10-16-2009, 12:15 PM
You're black. That's what you're thinking is the reason. And you need confirmation and that's why you've posted this up. Later, QD.

Black4DrEK
10-16-2009, 12:16 PM
SHIT i allready know...

:no:

Firefightin_tC
10-16-2009, 12:23 PM
You're black. That's what you're thinking is the reason. And you need confirmation and that's why you've posted this up. Later, QD.

Pretty much.

But at car dealerships, how you dress is gauged on the money you 'potentially' are trying to spend.

If two guy with the same job walk into a car dealership, one is wearing a suit and the other is wearing a sweatpants and a tanktop, who do you think they are going to approach first?

95alty
10-16-2009, 12:30 PM
TC hit it on the head. But honestly they are retarded because I came planning on buying a new 3.. oh well. QD I don't pull the race card cus the people are majority black

Black4DrEK
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
^^ that is some what true..

But YOU CANT READ A BOOK BY THE COVER!!!:goodjob:

stereotype FTL!!

dimsumboy
10-16-2009, 12:42 PM
i still think you should check the armpits or the socks for offending odor. also what did you eat for lunch today? i went to a dealership after eating a few chili cheese burritos and not even one salesperson came anywhere near me for several hours. :crazy:

Echonova
10-16-2009, 01:08 PM
www.doublepitstochesty.com

mchschase27
10-16-2009, 01:20 PM
www.doublepitstochesty.com (http://www.doublepitstochesty.com)

i LOL'd at that one.

Greddypacked
10-16-2009, 01:35 PM
So I'm chilling at global imports right now and I'm looking at cars while mine gets its service... mind you I'm wearing sweats, a hoodie, have a scruffy beard and some vans on. You know I still haven't been approach by anyone and I'm interested in a new car... what's your thoughts IA

Scruffed looking... so they walk by you. Clean cut shaving and some nice clothes and immediate "Hi, how are you today? Would you be interested in buying a car today?"

§treet_§peed
10-16-2009, 01:43 PM
lol i sorta felt the same way when I was gonna buy a car last year when i had money. i was gonna throw like 4k down. but i dress like normal, nothing special. no one came up to me so i left and went and got a bike instead lol. i'm white btw.

Greddypacked
10-16-2009, 01:47 PM
lol i sorta felt the same way when I was gonna buy a car last year when i had money. i was gonna throw like 4k down. but i dress like normal, nothing special. no one came up to me so i left and went and got a bike instead lol. i'm white btw.

Did you ask for a salesman lol?

§treet_§peed
10-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Did you approach any cars or ask for a salesman lol? I was looking at about 3 different cars. Usually when sales people see people that look like they are interested that should sound of a bell in their head to come see if they needed help. I worked in sales for about 3 and 1/2 years, so i know all to well about this.

Greddypacked
10-16-2009, 01:51 PM
I was looking at about 3 different cars. Usually when sales people see people that look like they are interested that should sound of a bell in their head to come see if they needed help. I worked in sales for about 3 and 1/2 years, so i know all to well about this.

This is true when you approach a car and a salesman sees you he will not hesistate to help you at all.

SicStang03
10-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Same shit happened to me... When I finally went up to an office and asked it I could test drive something they told me to come back with a parent LOL

I came back 2 days later with the Cobra and told them they made a mistake... The sales man dropped his jaw HAHA

BluesClues
10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Sadly stereotyping is a part of daily life

PSINXS
10-16-2009, 03:34 PM
salesmen are vultures. msot approach you as u get out of the car!

yup you got stereotyped for being poor. oh well they r the ones not getting money. get yourcar back, and tell a salesman damn i was going to buy anew one of tehse but you missed out.

Halfwit
10-16-2009, 03:38 PM

you have never had money in your life. your POS civic doesnt count as "4k down" they would have given u 400$ trade in value.

Julio
10-16-2009, 04:12 PM
If you were going to buy/interested.. why didnt you just walk to them or ask for the manager ? This thread is lame... who cares if you in the USMC... that dont mean shit ... I mean, your car was being serviced.. Why would salesman be in the service area to notice your "mighty" sticker =/..
If you were really going to buy, you wouldve buy no matter what.. You know the discount you could get just for something like this ?

Like Jay Z said..

We don't believe you , you need more people..

Ziptied
10-16-2009, 04:19 PM
If you were going to buy/interested.. why didnt you just walk to them or ask for the manager ? This thread is lame... who cares if you in the USMC... that dont mean shit ... I mean, your car was being serviced.. Why would salesman be in the service area to notice your "mighty" sticker =/..
If you were really going to buy, you wouldve buy no matter what.. You know the discount you could get just for something like this ?

Like Jay Z said..

Indeed, you werent gonna buy shit, and if you were you are just retarded, you couldve raked them over the coals for how you were "treated". So either way, you are an idiot or a liar.

scooby_snack
10-16-2009, 04:22 PM
I've noticed it at dealerships too, which is staggering really. Has anyone read "The Tipping Point?" He mentions a car salesman who's policy it was to consult every single person who walked through the door, and what do you know, he pissed on everybody else in terms of sales. It's the same with old story of Texas oil tycoons who would show up in fancy stores covered in muck and then go on to drop thousands on a mink coat. Any salesman who declines to make an effort based on appearance will ultimately fail at his or her job and never make it to the top.

I mean what is there to lose? Had a similar experience with my father at a Maserati dealership, all of a sudden things changed with a business card and a brief explanation to the salesman about why he won't be getting his business.

It's a shame. Certainly a hole in the market though.

§treet_§peed
10-16-2009, 04:28 PM
you have never had money in your life. your POS civic doesnt count as "4k down" they would have given u 400$ trade in value.lol bitch i have and i got 3k for that civic when i sold it. i had over 9k saved up at one point in time. not saying that's a lot of money, but i did have a little. btw do you check my bank statements? i don't believe you do casey.

95alty
10-17-2009, 09:51 AM

Like Jay Z said..

Wasnt in the service area...:goodjob: Walked around the entire lot seperate from the service area and the way global is set up he would never know that my car was being serviced. I was looking to do a trade in because they had the M3 i wanted for a really good price. But it would have been an impulse buy and the numbers would have had to work out just right. And what sticker? My govy tags are so low that i get questioned every time i go on base.

95alty
10-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Indeed, you werent gonna buy shit, and if you were you are just retarded, you couldve raked them over the coals for how you were "treated". So either way, you are an idiot or a liar.

Wow such harsh words.... no one said i was being "treated" i just stated what i was wearing and the lack of service i was receiving. If this has to do with the "race" card i didnt pull it in this situation. Why lie? and Why an idiot?

Echonova
10-17-2009, 09:57 AM
USMC does not equal BMW... Most of the time. While it sucks nobody came and helped you, why are you mad? All those salesmen did was take money out of their own pocket, not yours. If I were a salesman in today's economy I would give a free reach-around to every guy that bought a car, I would call it "service after the sale" in order to justify it and live with myself.:(

.blank cd
10-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah. Some dealers are like that. I remember when I worked at Nissan a while back, a man stepped out of his car wearing torn off jeans and beat up shoes and a raggedy shirt. He ended up buying a spec'd out 350Z with the track package from me. And this was around the time they first came out so they had a dealer markup on em. My check was FAT. The way I was taught was that everyone that steps out of a car and walks onto the lot or in the building was a lead

95alty
10-17-2009, 10:13 AM
USMC does not equal BMW... Most of the time. While it sucks nobody came and helped you, why are you mad? All those salesmen did was take money out of their own pocket, not yours. If I were a salesman in today's economy I would give a free reach-around to every guy that bought a car, I would call it "service after the sale" in order to justify it and live with myself.:(

LOL dude thats true. But hey im not mad just wondering if anyone has had the same experience or just everyones initial thoughts.

350z?! never judge a book by its cover lol

PSINXS
10-17-2009, 10:39 AM

Like Jay Z said..

i disagree. ive walked out several establishments that did not offer me proper service. i dont believe in spending money in a place that has horrible service. restaurants, dealerships, wherever. sorry, if im purchasing a car its not my job to run down a salesman too. i feel somebody who wants my money willactually make an attempt to get it.

Buttons
10-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I was looking at about 3 different cars. Usually when sales people see people that look like they are interested that should sound of a bell in their head to come see if they needed help. I worked in sales for about 3 and 1/2 years, so i know all to well about this.

They didn't want to sell a car to someone who likes to try to kill themselves. That's all.

Just pull up in a Lexus at a Toyota Dealership. I had three people walk up to me to try to sell me a car. I wasn't exactly dressed up and I look 12.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 02:06 PM
They didn't want to sell a car to someone who likes to try to kill themselves. That's all.

Just pull up in a Lexus at a Toyota Dealership. I had three people walk up to me to try to sell me a car. I wasn't exactly dressed up and I look 12.

As opposed to an upstanding citizen such as yourself? Shut the fuck up acting like you're someone to insult someone. You're a goddamn nobody to talk down on someone. Later, QD.

Buttons
10-17-2009, 02:08 PM
As opposed to an upstanding citizen such as yourself? Shut the fuck up acting like you're someone to insult someone. You're a goddamn nobody to talk down on someone. Later, QD.

I'm not insulting anyone ;) He likes to try to kill himself, so no insulting there.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm not insulting anyone ;) He likes to try to kill himself, so no insulting there.

I asked you who you think you are to talk down on someone. I didn't ask you about the dude. You talk down on people on here like you have a leg to stand on. You need to wise up and grow up and set yourself up with some decency and morals before you go around talking to people like you're somebody. Later, QD.

Buttons
10-17-2009, 02:15 PM
My grandpa was in the marines too. All of his vehicles have two marine corp stickers on it. And I mean the sticker covers most of the door. He went to buy a brand new truck and the saleslady kept trying to show him the older trucks. He went in his old truck to trade in. I guess she thought he couldn't afford the new truck.

He ended up walking off the lot and bought a new F350 with all the options from another dealer and paid it off in two months.

bdydrpdmazda
10-17-2009, 02:38 PM
wow, your really good at making yourself sound like a stupid cunt

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 02:45 PM

You've been repped. Positively, of course. Later, QD.

Buttons
10-17-2009, 03:32 PM

should you really say stupid? LOL

i hate the kid and he has said many times on the boards he has tried to kill himself multiple times and failed. so i'll say what i want about him especially since he threatened me.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 03:34 PM
should you really say stupid? LOL

Yes he should. Later, QD.

Julio
10-17-2009, 03:42 PM
csh2brn on a Lambo or a Jag..don't rem where I saw that picture..

.blank cd
10-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Wrong thread boss :goodjob:

D3UC3S
10-17-2009, 08:13 PM
LOL Julio is trippin!!:cheers:

I think in this thread, QD speaks for 99.9% of IA

95alty
10-18-2009, 09:20 AM
LOL@ the kid in the old lexus thinking he is MR.Stuntin... Dont talk down on people dude no matter what. You obviously have a lot to learn... There is always someone out there better or worse than you. No need to put them down because in your "mind" you feel they are inferior. But get this, if you pull up in a older lexus at a toyota dealership and get love... How come i pull up in a BMW to a BMW dealership and get none?? funny

Benefit
10-18-2009, 09:22 AM
lolllll

quickdodgeŽ
10-18-2009, 09:40 AM
There is always someone out there better or worse than you.

Unless you're QD. Then you're God-like. Later, QD

Benefit
10-18-2009, 09:40 AM

lollll

95alty
10-18-2009, 09:42 AM

:lmfao:

quickdodgeŽ
10-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Lolol. A lot of people think that QD stands for Quick Dodge because that's my screen name.

It actually stands for: Qualified Deity. Later, QD.

95alty
10-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Or you can say to people just to be funny... Yo i have to go take a QD (quick dump) lol

EJ25RUN
10-18-2009, 09:58 AM
As someone who has sold cars before, the only time I really ever sold a car to a service person was when the service manager convinced them their car was gonna be too much to fix and they should just buy a new one.

Not saying it never happens, but i always had the most luck with people who were fresh in the door looking for a car.

IndianStig
10-18-2009, 11:49 AM
They probably noticed you were from the service department and said, no need to waste our time he already gots a bimmer. Go ask for someone instead of bitching.

ueyedgr8tness
10-18-2009, 12:15 PM
I no the feeling alty i remember 2yr's ago me and my ex boss walked in a jeep dealer with his 3 girls right off work wearing all painted up cut up clothes. we looked at jeeps and these salesmen would walk right by us to some 1 who walked in behind us and ask them if he could help them.. So my boss(who is white) say's ok wtf do i got to do to get a damn car.and about that time the manager walked up and said~ Have u been helped~ My boss simply replied nah i guess since were some ragged out mofo we don't diserve help.But i would like to order 3 of the jeep rubicons like the 1 in you have here but i see u guy's want 26k but since the service sucks i'll take them for 23k sure enough he got them :) No matter what race u are its really about how u dress depends on how fast u get helped...

Julio
10-18-2009, 12:34 PM
csh2brn on a Lambo or a Jag..don't rem where I saw that picture..

Lmao... wtf... :lmfao:

Ziptied
10-18-2009, 02:18 PM
LOL@ the kid in the old lexus thinking he is MR.Stuntin... Dont talk down on people dude no matter what. You obviously have a lot to learn... There is always someone out there better or worse than you. No need to put them down because in your "mind" you feel they are inferior. But get this, if you pull up in a older lexus at a toyota dealership and get love... How come i pull up in a BMW to a BMW dealership and get none?? funny

I hope you don't think that you are referring to me.

Buttons
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM

i'm definitely a female. i don't talk down to people. i just hate matt. i was at global the other day with my boyfriend and we were approached twice. so i don't know why you are having problems.

§treet_§peed
10-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Mike, I thought QD stood for Quaque Die. But that's just me...

Big Baller
10-19-2009, 01:41 AM

I've had nothing but bad experiences at Global, if the place was on fire I wouldn't piss on it to put it out.

Dr.G35
11-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Shit, I would be happy if a salesmen did not come up to me. When I'm ready to start business, I will go get someone.

Lankhoss
11-17-2009, 06:55 AM
I think.....

If you wanted to buy a car, you'd buy a fucking car instead of coming in here crying about salesmen not going out of their way to show their expensive new cars to some guy who looks like he spent about $25 and 2 minutes tops on how he presents himself to the rest of the world.

Now, if they refused to sell you something because of how you dressed, you might have an interesting topic to bring up.

ilovemyhonda.
11-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Side note:

I hate going to a bank that I don't bank with to cash a check or something. I immediately say I need to do the thumb print. They ask if I have an account. I say no and I don't want to open one. Then they continuously try to ask you questions to try to get you to open an account. I know it is your job, however if I walk in and tell you exactly what I want, that I don't have an account and I am not at all interested in opening account at this time, then I expect you not to hassle me to try to talk me into it. That makes me not want to ever open an account with you.

/rant

Kevykev
11-17-2009, 08:06 AM
I think if you were caulkasian you would've gotten the same treatment PLUS you would've gotten offered meth!

Next time dress more presentable and post up results.

ironchef
11-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Go to United
Buy car there
Go back to Global
Make fun of them
?!?!
Profit!

ilovemyhonda.
11-17-2009, 09:31 AM
just remember:

Everybody knows somebody who loves a Honda.

umairejaz
11-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Shit, I would be happy if a salesmen did not come up to me. When I'm ready to start business, I will go get someone.

I think.....

If you wanted to buy a car, you'd buy a fucking car instead of coming in here crying about salesmen not going out of their way to show their expensive new cars to some guy who looks like he spent about $25 and 2 minutes tops on how he presents himself to the rest of the world.

Now, if they refused to sell you something because of how you dressed, you might have an interesting topic to bring up.

I've been in car sales for quite some time and...... these two know whats up :goodjob: :goodjob:

Car sales isn’t what it was years ago…. especially in the new car sector. Dealers are cutting costs and lessening overhead by hiring fewer employees and cutting their sales staff. It’s really become a competitive market because of the internet, where price is king. IF you were truly interested, you should’ve asked for help. Dealer are still more the willing to kiss your ass to make a sale happen and especially in new car sales; it’s a buyer’s market.

umairejaz
11-17-2009, 10:30 AM
But i would like to order 3 of the jeep rubicons like the 1 in you have here but i see u guy's want 26k but since the service sucks i'll take them for 23k sure enough he got them

.... I may have missed the point, but why 3 Rubicons?

DustnU
11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Just start screaming, CAN A BROTHA GET A LIL HELP HERE DAMN!!!! LOL It happens at all types of dealers they all suck ass and think you have to be G'd up to buy a car!!!

umairejaz
11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
^Lol, no they/you don't.

Kevykev
11-17-2009, 01:21 PM
My "Red, Licensed Used Car Dealer" Plate tends to make dealers NOT approach me.

Well they still do, but in a different light. :)

On_Her_Face
11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Pretty much.

But at car dealerships, how you dress is gauged on the money you 'potentially' are trying to spend.

If two guy with the same job walk into a car dealership, one is wearing a suit and the other is wearing a sweatpants and a tanktop, who do you think they are going to approach first?

My dad does this all the time when he goes to a dealership. He'd roll up in his '93 Ford Tarus, and look like an ass clown. Fuck with the salesmen and then just buy the car on employee plan lol.

ISAtlanta300
11-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Just start screaming, CAN A BROTHA GET A LIL HELP HERE DAMN!!!! LOL It happens at all types of dealers they all suck ass and think you have to be G'd up to buy a car!!!

Not G'd up, but at least presentable. There is such a thing as 'the proper way to dress' when you're going to do business......

Ziptied
11-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Way to go bumping a month old thread.

Hondarider33
11-18-2009, 12:50 PM
they think your poor. or a drug dealer. or a broke ass drug dealer

95alty
11-18-2009, 12:53 PM
So just wondering... do you really have to dress the part to do business??

Ziptied
11-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Appearance is everything in a business setting. Walk in looking like a hood rat and you'll get treated as thus.

Hondarider33
11-18-2009, 12:58 PM
reps for zip

95alty
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Appearance is everything in a business setting. Walk in looking like a hood rat and you'll get treated as thus.

In some cases true... in others not... but as a hood rat yes... you will get treated as such.

AlanŽ
11-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Pretty much.

Regardless that still bad training of the sales reps on the part of the dealership. I used to work with a high end dealership and sold a 100K LS430 LWB to a guy that came in wearing sweats. No why? Because I treat every customer the same. Salesman should treat anybody that walks through the door of their business as a potential high value client regardless of how they look.

95alty
11-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Regardless that still bad training of the sales reps on the part of the dealership. I used to work with a high end dealership and sold a 100K LS430 LWB to a guy that came in wearing sweats. No why? Because I treat every customer the same. Salesman should treat anybody that walks through the door of their business as a potential high value client regardless of how they look.

Speaks the truth:goodjob:

ISAtlanta300
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM

+1. Exactly my point. A business has an image to uphold. Better to get rid of one hoodrat for the benefit of the other ten gentlemen......