PDA

View Full Version : MILITARY FOLKS!!!!

Master Shake
10-15-2009, 08:50 PM
did any of you have a real shitty time while at the ATL MEPS?

i did. lets recap.

1. got smacked around for fucking 2 days in a row.
2. didn't pass security clearance for EOD, now i gotta find another MOS.
3. spent a good 16 hours sitting on my ass when one of the liasons could have fucking helped me get my shit straight so i could get a new MOS.
4. got chewed the fuck out for trying to show the security lady that my paper work was complete. which is why i was there for 2 days.
5. was told on a few occasions that i was a liar when i didn't lie about shit. i told the fuckers everything.

so much for being able to ship out on tuesday. now its being pushed back till whenever.

.gauge.
10-15-2009, 09:10 PM
This worries me due to the fact that I will be trying to get in... or atleast signed up by next year. Sorry for your bad luck.

dohc4.6sc
10-15-2009, 09:12 PM
when i went trough there july 08 it took me 6 times of going there to actually get in. that place fucking blows.

Master Shake
10-15-2009, 09:16 PM
when i went trough there july 08 it took me 6 times of going there to actually get in. that place fucking blows.
every time i go down there, i sit for about 5 hours at least not doing jack shit.

from what i've heard, the ATL MEPS is the fucking worst one. everyone there is a total dickhead to you. and all you want to do is join.

Brick
10-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Get used to it.

Stormhammer
10-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Get used to it.

qft

Truegiant
10-15-2009, 10:09 PM
I went through there in the beginning of 06'. I didnt have any problems. I kept copies of everything that i gave to them. I had my own copies of stuff I thought I might need. I scored well onall the testing and never had any criminal problems. I got to pick my job, any schools, and when i wanted to go.

I know two of the E8's down there. Let me know who gave you problems and disrespected you. I dont want to take sides but I would have a hard time believing you over someone I serve with. Thats the way they all are down there. And no offense, but we dont need people asbad as people are lead to believe.

Any questions you have I will try and help answer through pm. Thanks for joining.

Friggintitsman
10-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Sounds to me like you're a fucking idiot and the military is better off without you.... just sayin

Friggintitsman
10-15-2009, 10:18 PM
In the army we have an acronym called BOHICA

Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again

jhadleyh
10-15-2009, 10:21 PM
i went to meps 8 times before i got cleared. I have metal plates in my arm, and then when they finally cleared me I got arrested and charged with assault so I had that shit to deal with and that took some time to fix also.

AFSil80
10-16-2009, 02:13 AM
I went through in 2003, did my initial visit. No hiccups. Went back in January 04 and didn't have a problem.

Either your recruiter sucks and is a lazy dick, or you're hiding something from your past.

One_Bad_SHO
10-16-2009, 03:12 AM
I took my tests about 2 months ago. Got a 127GT score. I'm joining the Army National Guard. My goal is to become a warrant officer and fly helicopters in a few years. For now I'm going to do the part time thing and finish school. My recruiter wants me to go to Meps next week and finish the physical. She wants to sign me up for an MI position because she says itll look great on the resume for when I apply for Warrant Officer. Everyone I've talked to says that the MI positions are the most boring ever and that I will hate it. :thinking:

Hundo®
10-16-2009, 09:17 AM
every time i go down there, i sit for about 5 hours at least not doing jack shit.

from what i've heard, the ATL MEPS is the fucking worst one. everyone there is a total dickhead to you. and all you want to do is join.

they dont' want pussies. hence the hazing. don't you get that? Try going through BUD/S and see if you get treated like a human being. lolol. I hope you don't plan on doing any sort of special forces training for that matter. If you thought this was bad.. god have mercy on your soul otherwise, lolol.

bdydrpdmazda
10-16-2009, 09:31 AM
I smoked in the bathroom when I was their, they didnt like that at all

AFSil80
10-16-2009, 09:43 AM
they dont' want pussies. hence the hazing. don't you get that? Try going through BUD/S and see if you get treated like a human being. lolol. I hope you don't plan on doing any sort of special forces training for that matter. If you thought this was bad.. god have mercy on your soul otherwise, lolol.

That, and they shut down people that act out of line even for the smallest stuff.

When I was there, some kid going into the Army cracked a joke about Navy 'seamen' and one of the sailors got in his face and ended up putting him face down doing pushups....motherfucker wasn't even sworn in and they already had him in whipped at that point, hahahaha.

Hundo®
10-16-2009, 09:56 AM
That, and they shut down people that act out of line even for the smallest stuff.

When I was there, some kid going into the Army cracked a joke about Navy 'seamen' and one of the sailors got in his face and ended up putting him face down doing pushups....motherfucker wasn't even sworn in and they already had him in whipped at that point, hahahaha.

LMAO. fucking terrible. good thing he didn't run into a SEAL with that mouth :rolleyes:

Master Shake
10-16-2009, 10:48 AM
i'm not a fucking puss and the only part i hid from them was how often i used to smoke weed. i'm not gonna give them a list of my drug past man, that is just stupid. other than that, i gave all medical problems i've had before, any meds i was put on, and everything about my life. never had any drug or violent charges. my most major offense was driving on suspended license. and i gave them all that info. i was going in for EOD, which requires a high security clearance.

first day i was there(tuesday) i went in and had to go thru my final inspect to leave out that day. went to do the security clearance and while i was in there, the lady said my paper work wasn't complete. i call my recruiter, and he pulls me file up at the office and seen that all the stuff that was needed was there. it just wasn't on the papers i had in my hand, i guess. she said she would pull it up. i went thru and looked at the paper and seen that i found what she was looking for. i went to show her and she didn't want me to, then calls another lady in there and both of them start saying i didn't do something right. i mean WTF i was just doing what was told to do. nothing more. she sent me out of the room saying she would call me back. never did. sat there the rest of the day.
went back the next day to finish it out. started to get the same run-around. so i went to talk to one of the liasons in the back and was telling me the same thing. i asked to get a change of MOS and they let me do it, i just gotta go back and do all the paper all over again. i didn't want to do all that. but it seems i will be anyway.

this wasn't my first of 2nd time down. its about my 5th or 6th go around. and every time i do head down there. i don't like what they put me thru. i just grin and deal with it since i'm not gonna tell them how to do their job. so i just keep my mouth shut and do what they tell me.

the other lady that was called in made a statement to me when i was going to sit down in the waiting area. "I told you, you should have came back for the clearance before you ship out." here's the thing. i tried to. my recuiter took me down there on 2 different occasions so i could get it knocked out. both times i went down there, she wasn't there. i don't know what i'm suppose to do about that. i tried to tell me the woman that, and she called me a liar. WTF? i didn't lie about it, its what happened.

Friggintitsman
10-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Just don't go signal corps I don't want to be your commander.

Hundo®
10-16-2009, 02:25 PM
i'm not a fucking puss and the only part i hid from them was how often i used to smoke weed. i'm not gonna give them a list of my drug past man, that is just stupid. other than that, i gave all medical problems i've had before, any meds i was put on, and everything about my life. never had any drug or violent charges. my most major offense was driving on suspended license. and i gave them all that info. i was going in for EOD, which requires a high security clearance.

first day i was there(tuesday) i went in and had to go thru my final inspect to leave out that day. went to do the security clearance and while i was in there, the lady said my paper work wasn't complete. i call my recruiter, and he pulls me file up at the office and seen that all the stuff that was needed was there. it just wasn't on the papers i had in my hand, i guess. she said she would pull it up. i went thru and looked at the paper and seen that i found what she was looking for. i went to show her and she didn't want me to, then calls another lady in there and both of them start saying i didn't do something right. i mean WTF i was just doing what was told to do. nothing more. she sent me out of the room saying she would call me back. never did. sat there the rest of the day.
went back the next day to finish it out. started to get the same run-around. so i went to talk to one of the liasons in the back and was telling me the same thing. i asked to get a change of MOS and they let me do it, i just gotta go back and do all the paper all over again. i didn't want to do all that. but it seems i will be anyway.

this wasn't my first of 2nd time down. its about my 5th or 6th go around. and every time i do head down there. i don't like what they put me thru. i just grin and deal with it since i'm not gonna tell them how to do their job. so i just keep my mouth shut and do what they tell me.

the other lady that was called in made a statement to me when i was going to sit down in the waiting area. "I told you, you should have came back for the clearance before you ship out." here's the thing. i tried to. my recuiter took me down there on 2 different occasions so i could get it knocked out. both times i went down there, she wasn't there. i don't know what i'm suppose to do about that. i tried to tell me the woman that, and she called me a liar. WTF? i didn't lie about it, its what happened.

i dont know what this post says. but im certain you're a pussy.

bdydrpdmazda
10-16-2009, 02:30 PM
i dont know what this post says. but im certain you're a pussy.
:lmfao: LIRL :lmfao:

Master Shake
10-16-2009, 05:19 PM
i dont know what this post says. but im certain you're a pussy.i'm certain you're wrong.

Sledlude
10-16-2009, 05:26 PM
this thread makes me giggle.

jhadleyh
10-16-2009, 05:30 PM
makes me giggle to i had a hard time at meps also but shit didnt everybody it's not a big deal at all

AFSil80
10-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Either your recruiter sucks and is a lazy dick, or you're hiding something from your past.

Looks like it was a bit of both, after reading your post.

SpecV_Scott
10-17-2009, 12:00 AM
LOL@this thread

I went through Tampa MEPS in '99, and it was smooth as silk.

95alty
10-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Umm... I went through meps in Jan 07 and it was pretty chill. They didnt really fuck with me because there were only 2 marines lol. Rest were army and what not. Dude just stop being a puss and suck shit up. If your going into the military then your going to have times where you are treated like shit. EOD is badass but um.... I would have gone seal but hey to each his own. Im working on going recon but ill see how that works out.

bdydrpdmazda
10-17-2009, 08:04 AM
everybody in the military is working on going in to whatever special force their branch has. I dont buy it! Im just regular ol infantry.

Friggintitsman
10-17-2009, 08:23 AM
everybody in the military is working on going in to whatever special force their branch has. I dont buy it! Im just regular ol infantry.

lol yeah. Always working towards something until reality sets and and you realize your packet just sits at battalion collecting dust.

bdydrpdmazda
10-17-2009, 08:27 AM
or just wishful thinkin, Im sure alot of it is just people talking shit to sound cool too

Friggintitsman
10-17-2009, 08:29 AM
lol my packet sat on a desk for two years before they sent me three blocks up the street to airborne. I never got any other training I signed up for. I guess that is what I get for choosing a pogue MOS

bdydrpdmazda
10-17-2009, 08:32 AM
11B gets the schools

AFSil80
10-17-2009, 08:35 AM

I hear ya man! I went in wanting to be an aircraft mechanic...guess what I was?!

Friggintitsman
10-17-2009, 08:37 AM
11B gets the schools

yeah for the most part, but IMO not worth it.

bdydrpdmazda
10-17-2009, 08:49 AM
being 11B is the shit

95alty
10-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Im 03xx which is infantry... but hey i have the race card on my side "the corps needs some color" is what they tell us lol... freakin pogs lol

Friggintitsman
10-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm hoping to score signal or MI. If I get selected I will go to Ranger school, but no biggie as long as I get air assault, pathfinder, DFL, etc.

Truegiant
10-18-2009, 09:23 PM
being 11B is the shit

Except for dealing with stupid fucking people everyday!

Friggintitsman
10-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Except for dealing with stupid fucking people everyday!

What are you talking about that is pretty much across the board in the military.