PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Scott Siegel and crew moving to Cobb Parkway

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 03:53 PM
That’s right boys and girls, Decker, Jason, Shawn and I are moving to Forged Performance on Cobb Pkwy.

http://www.forgedperformance.com

I’d like to start by thanking all the WRXAtlanta folk for all the support over the last few years. We have really appreciated the friendly and supportive community here.

Forged Performance is one of the premier Nissan and Infiniti performance shops in the country. Not only have they built a number of record-setting Nissans and Infinitis, as well as some awesome Evos, but they have also campaigned very successful racing seasons in Redline Time Attack and NASA Time Trials. They offer everything from general maintenance, to race car fabrication and prep, wheel-and-tire sales, to track-support and driver-coaching.

Many of you got to see the owner of Forged, Sharif, ALMOST set the overall 4-wheel-vehicle track record at Talladega Gran Prix two weeks ago at the TS Time Attack. He took their FULL interior R35 GTR to a 1:00.7; just a tick behind a Grand-Am race car’s 1:00.6. We will be running quite a few Forged Performance track events and I will continue the Siegel Racing Driver Education Clinics. We’re hoping to have an event at CMP soon.

Forged has a stellar reputation among the Nissan and Infiniti crowd, but they hadn’t dipped into the Subaru market, until now. Decker, Jason and Shawn have been setup with all the tools to provide the same ultra-professional services at Forged as they have in the past.

Forged’s load-based Dyno-Dynamics dyno lets us not only make full-rpm sweeps like an inertial dyno, but we can also hold the car at any rpm which makes tuning certain types of engine management very quick and precise. Many engine builders suggest this type of dyno and loading for engine break-in. The Dyno-Dynamics dynos also tend to require less tuning adjustments when going from the dyno to the street than many other dynos. It also has a feature that I’m VERY excited about; we will be able to put boost and AFR plots on all the dyno sheets. Look for a WRXAtlanta Dyno Day and some exciting tuning pricing options coming soon.

I want to personally thank all of you here on wrxatlanta.com for all the support over the last 6 years, and I hope to see you all on Cobb Parkway soon.

Thank you,
Scott Siegel

Told siegel i would post this over here for him because he doesnt have a login. Pretty big news. good luck guys.

MODS i have no idea where to put this, so put it where you need to.

siegelracing
10-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I just wanted to let everybody know what's up. Forged will be a vendor here soon ;) Cool track events to follow ;)

Siegel

TIGERJC
10-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Siegel you might want to pm paul and julio to see if this can stay up

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Hell yes!

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Siegel you might want to pm paul and julio to see if this can stay up

They are going to be vendors....just don't worry about it

Bus Driver J
10-14-2009, 05:01 PM
mmmHmmmmmmmm!!!!!

:ninja:

:bump::bump:

Tracy
10-14-2009, 05:09 PM
So is this a TS move or just the rest of crew move?

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 05:11 PM
My understanding is that it is Siegel, Jason, and Decker.

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
So is this a TS move or just the rest of crew move?

rest of the crew , TS is staying put according to Doug on WRXatlanta

Tracy
10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Damn, Scott moves around a lot...

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Damn, Scott moves around a lot...
he gets AROUND :crazy:

Tracy
10-14-2009, 05:18 PM
I think it's funny. I mean I wish him luck because he has a family, but other than that, I don't think he will last here either. Just my opinion of course. He's not really cut out for the business of working on cars. Yea. I said it. I mean it in the nicest way possible though. :)

Revmaynard
10-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Good luck Jason/Decker! We gotta have a cookout or something again!

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Hell i would move back , its closer to his house! hehe

Tracy
10-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Good answer.

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 05:20 PM
I think it's funny. I mean I wish him luck because he has a family, but other than that, I don't think he will last here either. Just my opinion of course. He's not really cut out for the business of working on cars. Yea. I said it. I mean it in the nicest way possible though. :)

DAMN! Are you referring to Scott?

Tracy
10-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Yes. Scott. Someone had to say it. Might as well be me. This forum is dead anyways.

bigdare23
10-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Moving on up, to the eastside...

Tracy
10-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Ha Ha! Moving on up? More like moving on over continuing his path of destruction.

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Moving on up, to the eastside...

MOVING ON BACK, TO THE EASTSIDE, he was here once already when we worked together at Batlground.

Oh Tracy come on lets play nice , only me an you can hate each other

Revmaynard
10-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Isn't Marietta technically the Westside...?

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 05:43 PM
MOVING ON BACK, TO THE EASTSIDE, he was here once already when we worked together at Batlground.

Oh Tracy come on lets play nice , only me an you can hate each other

I'm going to bet she does not want to play nice.

Tracy
10-14-2009, 05:45 PM
I am playing nice. I am just telling the truth. Ok I will take out the path to destruction part and try to be more politically correct. NOT.

bigdare23
10-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Isn't Marietta technically the Westside...?

*slaps forehead*

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 05:53 PM
I am playing nice. I am just telling the truth. Ok I will take out the path to destruction part and try to be more politically correct. NOT.

I told him to open his own shop, he would be much happier i think. Oh well, Decker will be close by now, i love that kid, no homo

Tracy
10-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Decker is a nice guy. Best of luck to him. Who wants to make some bets? I don't have money so it will have to be something else, but I bet SS will last at Forged 1 year and 3 months. Maybe right after the race season ends.

Who knows. Maybe he'll find another Mike in the European crowd and get Sharif 'n them a big ole rig to go to the races in as a housewarming present.

Oh and you have to have talent and a work ethic to open your own shop. No way that would make him happier.

EmminoDaGreat
10-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Damn, why dont we all just combine and make one shop that pays me millllllllllllllllions :D

Tracy
10-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Damn, why dont we all just combine and make one shop that pays me millllllllllllllllions :DBecause we would all be working and Scott would go home at 4:30. You'd get over it pretty quick.

EmminoDaGreat
10-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Because we would all be working and Scott would go home at 4:30. You'd get over it pretty quick.

Everyone has bedtimes ya know.

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Lol damn hahaha

Batlformainspeed racing

Kinda catchy

SleepingTalon
10-14-2009, 06:12 PM
LOL, she hasn't said anything that isn't true. It's like musical chairs, I swear. I bet it was a totally random move, like he went "all in" at a poker tourney, and that was a stip of the final bet. "You lose, you must switch jobs...AGAIN". Yup, my final answer.

siegelracing
10-14-2009, 06:34 PM
I worked at a dealership for 3.5 years, under 3 GMs and 40+ other people leaving. I worked at Batlground until Tracy made it clear that my desires didn't matter (her perogitive to decide, but my perogitive to leave...) and I've worked at TopSpeed until I got uncomfortable. At NO point have I ever left a customer hanging, and I stayed at Batlground a week or two (I don't remember) longer than planned to help y'all out.

MANY people on this board have been working with me at 9 or 10 or midnight... or later for that matter

As a husband and father I work hard and long when necessary, but refuse to setup my life to work late everynight....

Siegel

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 06:35 PM
He has a better reputation around here than batlground does, just sayin.

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 06:47 PM

Judging by how busy they are at BG I'm not sure they are really worried about what you think.

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Did I say "in my opinion"? No, I said his reputation is better here in SC.

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Did I say "in my opinion"? No, I said his reputation is better here in SC.

To correct you again, his reputation is better among the subaru crowd.

I know both of them really well, Scott was my codriver on One Lap of America and Dan and Brandon were in my wedding I'm pretty unbiased.

TIGERJC
10-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Just wish the moved would've happened after my car was done at the shop

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 07:00 PM
To correct you again, his reputation is better among the subaru crowd.

I know both of them really well, Scott was my codriver on One Lap of America and Dan and Brandon were in my wedding I'm pretty unbiased.

So, you are correcting me by putting words in my mouth? I never said subaru crowd.

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:04 PM
I worked at a dealership for 3.5 years, under 3 GMs and 40+ other people leaving. I worked at Batlground until Tracy made it clear that my desires didn't matter (her perogitive to decide, but my perogitive to leave...) and I've worked at TopSpeed until I got uncomfortable. At NO point have I ever left a customer hanging, and I stayed at Batlground a week or two (I don't remember) longer than planned to help y'all out.

MANY people on this board have been working with me at 9 or 10 or midnight...

As a husband and father I work hard and long when necessary, but refuse to setup my life to work late everynight....

Siegel

Yea. I always make my feelings clear. Why would your desires matter again? I totally forgot since it's been so long. Did you invest all of your life savings to start a shop and keep it going for 7-8 years or something that I might actually care about? You want to own a business, you have to work. Tis all. I assume that's why you haven't opened up your own shop yet.

Oh let's not get off topic. This thread is about you leaving TS to go to Forged, so I thought you left TS because it was closer to home? THE PLOT THICKENS!

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:06 PM
He has a better reputation around here than batlground does, just sayin.Well that is nice. Not sure you are the authority on that, but cool. I'm not going to argue your stats.

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 07:07 PM
So, you are correcting me by putting words in my mouth? I never said subaru crowd. Yes I am....you should have

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 07:08 PM
QUICK! EVERYBODY JUMP BEFORE THE SHIP SINKS. That way only Doug gets the blame. Just a merry-go-round. Next thing ya know Scott will be back at SOG. Mike will...well actually is, associating with MSP. Decker goes back to Killswitch. It will be fun to watch the next couple of months play out. Good Luck Y'all! All those Volk wheels gettin sold for pennies on the dollar over there holding up "real" work. Maybe this will turn it around.

You are all capable at your respective jobs. We will gladly hire any of you back if it doesn't work out. I have been trying to move into the office anyways since I became a partner last year.

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Uncomfortable could be a longer commute ya know. No offense Tracy, but you are coming off as a total bitch and it only makes yourself and Batlground look bad by doing so.

BABY J
10-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Lol damn hahaha

Batlformainspeedavi RacinjectedKidd EngineeringSpeed

Kinda catchy

Fixed.

JITB
10-14-2009, 07:12 PM
oh shoot shop drama!

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Uncomfortable could be a longer commute ya know. No offense Tracy, but you are coming off as a total bitch and it only makes yourself and Batlground look bad by doing so.But it doesn't LOL! Good try. I live here. You live in NC? I get the phone calls.

I'm not sure you noticed, but I am a total bitch—if that means I call it how I see it when no one else will. That won't ever change. No offense taken. Should I call you an asshole for calling it how you see it? You are sitting here right now calling it how YOU see me—a bitch. See what I did there?

I'd think you might be able to call me a bitch if I were being bitchy to you, but to each his own. :)

p.s. I quit Batlground almost 3 years ago now. I am just a shit talker on a forum now-a-days.

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 07:19 PM
The difference is you are verbally attacking someone, obviously you have some form of grudge or past issue, but god damn, get the fuck over it. For a 32 year old you act awful childish.

And who cares if you are an employee your sig is full of advertising.

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Uncomfortable could be a longer commute ya know. No offense Tracy, but you are coming off as a total bitch and it only makes yourself and Batlground look bad by doing so.

She is a bitch and she thinks the whole situation is funny. As do I and everyone else that has had a front row seat for all of this. Since you don't really know the story you won't ever get it.

oh shoot shop drama!

Nah...shop comedy

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Tracy speaks for herself. Dan and I speak for BG. And anything she or I post for BG goes through Dan first. Anyone who sees this as a perfectly normal or justified move is naive, blind, or just stupid. Scott got fired from SOG, He quit here because he couldn't do " what HE wanted" regardless of how it affected BG. He went to TS and helped run it into the ground knowing full well what shadiness Doug was doing.
Mike quits MSP under very conspicuous terms, comes to us and gets fired for the same unscrupulous actions, and now bounces around from shop to shop burning bridges as he goes. I still like Mike on a personal level but not professionally.
Decker is the only one I have sympathy for here. He leaves KSP because he doesn't want his name associated with poor work, goes to TS to try and earn a living, sees the ship sinking over there and heads over to Forged. I know for a fact that Forged is hurting, maybe this move is a boost that they need and can capitalize on, I for one am skeptical.
That is the way it is. Time will tell, as it has up this point. Again I wish them luck.

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:26 PM
The difference is you are verbally attacking someone, obviously you have some form of grudge or past issue, but god damn, get the fuck over it. For a 32 year old you act awful childish.

And who cares if you are an employee your sig is full of advertising.Stop cursing at me El Mature One:screwy: You are obviously a loyal SS maniac. Am I trying to impress you with my tooning skills? How about my charm? No. Scott has that all wrapped up. No need to wast my time. In fact, next!

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 07:26 PM
and now the shit storm will really start

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:28 PM
See Brandon is nice :)

edit: I take that back.

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Stop cursing at me El Mature One:screwy: You are obviously a loyal SS maniac. Am I trying to impress you with my tooning skills? How about my charm? No. Scott has that all wrapped up. No need to wast my time. In fact, next!

Not at all, im a DIY maniac.

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Not at all, im a DIY maniac.Oh well that is nice! Props to ya. I know how hard working on cars can be, so respectaaaaa. That's my Jamaican accent.

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 07:33 PM
See, now that was nice. reps to you. lolz

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
See, now that was nice. reps to you. lolz

Seeeeee? I know how.:crazy:

The Ren
10-14-2009, 07:39 PM
oh wow.. Good luck to all parties involved..

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Seeeeee? I know how.:crazy:

You can teaches my wife?

MachNU
10-14-2009, 07:40 PM
We where talking about this, this morning at Zen, before the post appeared on the WRXAtlanta. Will make it interesting for the next few months...

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:42 PM
You can teaches my wife?Oh no no no. I am always on the womans side. Something I learned bartending.

SleepingTalon
10-14-2009, 07:42 PM

You've been on here for 3 months. You don't know shit, so don't act like you do. As far as Tracy being a bitch, if you think you've just solved some big mystery, you're sadly mistaken. She speaks her mind about shit when she deems necessary, simple as that. She hasn't stated anything that isn't factual, and neither has Brandon. You might wanna know wtf is going on, or what went on, before you try to throw in your .02

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:45 PM
I have to go cook for my man. He is home. TTYS! I may not be back fro a few days. I have a ton of HW, so y'all hold it down.

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 07:46 PM
You've been on here for 3 months. You don't know shit, so don't act like you do. As far as Tracy being a bitch, if you think you've just solved some big mystery, you're sadly mistaken. She speaks her mind about shit when she deems necessary, simple as that. She hasn't stated anything that isn't factual, and neither has Brandon. You might wanna know wtf is going on, or what went on, before you try to throw in your .02

Here on a website? ooooooooooh caught me, just because im new on this site doesnt mean shit. I was defending Scott because he was being unfairly attacked about a smart move on his part. You dont know who I am, or what I know. To underestimate is the ultimate n00b move.

Tracy
10-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Here on a website? ooooooooooh caught me, just because im new on this site doesnt mean shit. I was defending Scott because he was being unfairly attacked about a smart move on his part. You dont know who I am, or what I know. To underestimate is the ultimate n00b move.Not gone yet. OOPS. It is not unfair. That is you opinion based on the info you have. I have an opposite opinion based on info I have.

K bye now. Hungry man yelling.

SleepingTalon
10-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Here on a website? ooooooooooh caught me, just because im new on this site doesnt mean shit. I was defending Scott because he was being unfairly attacked about a smart move on his part. You dont know who I am, or what I know. To underestimate is the ultimate n00b move.

Underestimate what? You? GTFO. I don't care who you are, or what you pretend to know. I know you weren't around, and don't know HALF the shit that could get aired out in here. Don't act like you know what's up, b/c if you did, you wouldn't be disagreeing with anything said.

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Underestimate what? You? GTFO. I don't care who you are, or what you pretend to know. I know you weren't around, and don't know HALF the shit that could get aired out in here. Don't act like you know what's up, b/c if you did, you wouldn't be disagreeing with anything said.

You are correct, I dont know all the BS with Batlground, nor do I give a rats ass. Scott is a smart guy who is a great tuner, and a good guy, period. Forged is a good move for him. I have no problem with tracy, my comments to her were little more than jokes, she saw that and laughed. Then you poke your dumbass in and think you run shit.

SleepingTalon
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
You are correct, I dont know all the BS with Batlground, nor do I give a rats ass. Scott is a smart guy who is a great tuner, and a good guy, period. Forged is a good move for him. I have no problem with tracy, my comments to her were little more than jokes, she saw that and laughed. Then you poke your dumbass in and think you run shit.

This has nothing to do with whether Scott is a good guy or not you fucking twit. No one insulted him as a person, but you have to come in here all EMO doing everything short of threatening to cut yourself if it doesn't stop. Beyond that, since you readily admit that you don't know WTF happened, your opinion has ZERO foundation.

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 08:04 PM
If thats what you think then you need a reading comprehension class. Fact is, past issues have nothing to do with future endeavors.

SleepingTalon
10-14-2009, 08:11 PM
If thats what you think then you need a reading comprehension class. Fact is, past issues have nothing to do with future endeavors.

Yeah, you got it all figured out Mr "you don't know me". Fact is, past issues directly correlate as to how people will view you presently/in the future.

With that said, good luck Scott.

siegelracing
10-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Tracy speaks for herself. Dan and I speak for BG. And anything she or I post for BG goes through Dan first. Anyone who sees this as a perfectly normal or justified move is naive, blind, or just stupid. Scott got fired from SOG, He quit here because he couldn't do " what HE wanted" regardless of how it affected BG. He went to TS and helped run it into the ground knowing full well what shadiness Doug was doing.

I can't imagine this post went through Dan first...

I told the GM of SoG that I was calling the Department of Labor. Once I actually called the DoL they paid me and let me go. I had already been talking to y'all for a few weeks at that point.

You and Dan agreed that I wasn't needed at BG the day that Tracy told me "if you go to the track on that day you might as well walk out now." Like I said, her prerogative, we don't even have hard feelings over it (that I know of...).

For the record, I am leaving TopSpeed in a better position than it was when I took over as GM.

Also for the record, I thought you and I were cool... was I mistaken?

Siegel

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Scott, this may hurt a little. We on a personal level are cool (although after this maybe not). The same as Mike, and Decker. You didn't wreck a customer car at SOG??? You were let go. We did not depend on your services, We have survived just fine with out you. It was a business decision, if you were right and we were wrong then everything you wanted to do here that you could do there would have worked out. WE know why it is not working out at TS. You knew and partook in the shady dealings over there. Now as it is all coming down, bail. walk away and let it burn all the evidence.

ueyedgr8tness
10-14-2009, 08:35 PM
~pulls di** out for the ss haters~ Dude is a kewl mofo and i total agree about not wanting to stay out crazy hr's of the night when u got a nice family at home.And i can not expect for some of you to no what i am talking about because u don't have kids to go home to.Now with that being said since i see alot of bashing i must say some of the shops mentioned in here should not really be talking considering they showed off some 1 elses work that was done to 1 of there cars and don't even have the respect to leave the sponsers logo under the hood instead they take the credit for it.......... BOOOOM WTF!! did that come from:ninja:

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 08:38 PM
There is this thing, a quality that some people possess. Its called Pride. Loyalty. Dedication. I have stuck it out here and reap the rewards and pitfalls. Anyone who has come through our doors to work has had the same opportunity. You get out what you put in. You appear to TAKE what you can and bail when theres none left.

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 08:41 PM
~pulls di** out for the ss haters~ Dude is a kewl mofo and i total agree about not wanting to stay out crazy hr's of the night when u got a nice family at home.And i can not expect for some of you to no what i am talking about because u don't have kids to go home to.Now with that being said since i see alot of bashing i must say some of the shops mentioned in here should not really be talking considering they showed off some 1 elses work that was done to 1 of there cars and don't even have the respect to leave the sponsers logo under the hood instead they take the credit for it.......... BOOOOM WTF!! did that come from:ninja:

We FIX other shops BS. everyday. I thank them for helping me keep my doors open. So this migration to Forged only puts them closer to my front door.

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Who the fuck are you talking about

ueyedgr8tness
10-14-2009, 08:52 PM
^the shop should no what i am talking about...

siegelracing
10-14-2009, 08:52 PM
I was totally public about sliding Joel's car into a sign FIVE YEARS AGO! That was about 2 years BEFORE I LEFT SoG. I paid for the bodywork to be fixed and Joel and I were and are totally cool (he's currently running on my tune...) (his car had a diff problem and he knew I was testing his suspension)

Should I post the e-mail to the GM about me contacting the DoL???

I have NEVER knowingly done ANYTHING shady. I have always worked to the best of my abilities and always been 100% honest with customers.

Siegel

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 08:54 PM

Freaking speak up man, if its shady post it. I'm talking to Brandon right now and he doesn't know what you are talking about

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 08:58 PM
And there is the answer I was waiting and expecting to hear. " I was unknowingly engaged unethical business" And the shame is you can run that into the ground. there is no red handed proof. well except for the customer who was here talking to you (on speaker), while you defended Doug and the BS that happened.

What about the customer who got the renegade, which yall claimed, what happened to him? How many engines yall go through before he took his shit and went home.

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Thats 2 very very big questions for you to not know about. I mean you were GM right? How do you not know whats going on when you are GM?

siegelracing
10-14-2009, 09:06 PM
I have no idea what you think you heard.

Nobody ever "claimed" a renegade...

That customer currently has his toterhome...

That customer also admitted to "mis-shifting 3 or 4 times PER SESSION" and doing a 5-2 downshift at 90+mph. That same customer owned 2 STi's. For years we made sure that he had one of them track ready 100% of the time. Since he's left I don't think he's ever run a full session without problems..

Like I said, I've never done anything I'm ashamed of. I have treated every customer's car like it was my own.

Siegel

siegelracing
10-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I was GM for 11 months. During those 11 months I was 100% honest with every customer and TopSpeed was in a better place when Doug took back over from me than it was when I took over. That's really all that needs to be said about that.

Siegel

Tracy
10-14-2009, 09:14 PM
I would just like to say, aside from all of the shady business. You need to get a 9-5 because the car business is not for you. You are a primadonna who doesn't like to work and thinks you should have all the perks that someone who put up all of the risk does. Family man or not (not that you had a "family" when you tried to tell me how things were going to be at our 7 years old shop), if you don't want to scoop shit, then don't get a job at the Zoo.

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Way to bash your loyal customer. The fact that you think because the customer had 2 (actually 3 if you count the wifes, which he had to use a coulple times) and that one was always running for him to drive is ok is dumbfounding. Im sure he was glad you looked at it that way. Why'd he ever leave y'all. thats a good ratio of working to blowed up 2:1

And y'all did claim the renegade to be your new rig. " Check out our new rig" I think was thread title on WRX atlanta. Only after we called you out on it did you own up to it.

I hardly think that leaving Doug with himself and Val is better off than before.

I don't doubt that you have a clear conscience Scott, that , I think is the problem. I beleive that you beleive that everything you did was ok. Thats NOT ok.

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow

SleepingTalon
10-14-2009, 09:28 PM
And there is the answer I was waiting and expecting to hear. " I was unknowingly engaged unethical business" And the shame is you can run that into the ground. there is no red handed proof. well except for the customer who was here talking to you (on speaker), while you defended Doug and the BS that happened.

What about the customer who got the renegade, which yall claimed, what happened to him? How many engines yall go through before he took his shit and went home.

I was also in the room for the said conversation, and heard BOTH sides talking to each other on speakerphone. Very, very, shady ass shit.

siegelracing
10-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Matt, how many times were you and I tuning LATE at night? Tracy, by your own admittance you were not "officially working at BG" when I was there, and you weren't there very much - I was there LATE on MANY a night. Anybody who's been around me for long knows that I have stayed LATE whenever it was really necessary.

HOWEVER, I will not setup my life to be home late every night.

Brandon, I don't see where I bashed anybody... that customer has always been honest about his learning to drive...

Nobody can build or tune a Subaru motor to put up with repeated mis-shifts, as evidenced by his CONTINUAL inability to keep a car together...

Siegel

Ziptied
10-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Nobody can build or tune a Subaru motor to put up with repeated mis-shifts, as evidenced by his CONTINUAL inability to keep a car together...

Siegel

troof

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Define late, after close yes, you stayed later than close many times to help me. However when Brandon and I were prepping the Subaru to go to the dragstrip and everyone else went home, Brandon and I stayed till the next morning and everyone else showed up to load the car. Brandon and I spent 48 hours straight in the shop before to get a car ready for a drag race. I think thats more what they are talking about. You can't and won't do that. Which is not a bad thing, I understand why but that doesn't change how things are.

The crew at BG is still the only people I know that will stay 100% until the bitter end to try and get a car done if it has to be done. I was there with Dan and Brandon the other night when a customer from Florida trailered up car to have tuned. Turns out that when the customer assembled the motor he set the timing wrong. The car got pulled off the dyno, fixed, put back on the dyno, tuned and loaded back on a trailer, then everyone stayed until the next appointment was done. I think we left at 3am, sometimes thats just what it takes.

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't think that I need to say anymore. You picked your arguments well but you avoided the point. As for the phone call, I have the proof here in my shop. Keep having fun on your customers dollar. We will get another chance to go round again. Just a matter of time. New Shop Same Story.

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Next thing ya know Scott will be back at SOG. Mike will...well actually is, associating with MSP. Decker goes back to Killswitch. It will be fun to watch the next couple of months play out. Good Luck Y'all! All those Volk wheels gettin sold for pennies on the dollar over there holding up "real" work. Maybe this will turn it around.

You are all capable at your respective jobs. We will gladly hire any of you back if it doesn't work out. I have been trying to move into the office anyways since I became a partner last year.

LOL :cheers:

SleepingTalon
10-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Define late, after close yes, you stayed later than close many times to help me. However when Brandon and I were prepping the Subaru to go to the dragstrip and everyone else went home, Brandon and I stayed till the next morning and everyone else showed up to load the car. Brandon and I spent 48 hours straight in the shop before to get a car ready for a drag race. I think thats more what they are talking about. You can't and won't do that. Which is not a bad thing, I understand why but that doesn't change how things are.

The crew at BG is still the only people I know that will stay 100% until the bitter end to try and get a car done if it has to be done. I was there with Dan and Brandon the other night when a customer from Florida trailered up car to have tuned. Turns out that when the customer assembled the motor he set the timing wrong. The car got pulled off the dyno, fixed, put back on the dyno, tuned and loaded back on a trailer, then everyone stayed until the next appointment was done. I think we left at 3am, sometimes thats just what it takes.

QFT

I've been there late MANY times to get shit done, just because that's what it takes. I've seen Brandon stay til the wee hours more times than I can count. Hell, there were like a bunch of us scattered in the shop sleeping in random places. Chairs, couches, even CARS were slept in when we worked on the Evo. Matt's WRX was the same story. Clutch job being done at 4am into the early morning. My cars are no different either, as my Lexus, my DSM's, have all been there with a bunch of us helping really late. Customers get the same treatment too. One of the main reasons that shop has been successful is because of the amount of HARD, team, effort that's been put in.

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Mike quits MSP under very conspicuous terms, comes to us and gets fired for the same unscrupulous actions, and now bounces around from shop to shop burning bridges as he goes. I still like Mike on a personal level but not professionally.

I think that is a very low blow considering 1) I still affiliate with MSP, even though i dont work there

2) I get along with every shop in GA, i havent spoken to dan in over a year, but i have no ill will towards Tracy, dan or you or even BG.

3) I dont know what bridges i am burning as i have no ties to ANYONE. Its awesome, i report to know one, i have no one to tell me what to do, im my own boss. Most of the community likes me, at least thats what my sales tell me and how well my company is represented online.

I was fired/laid off from mainstream, true, i QUIT BG. Whether i was going to be fired later on or not, doesnt matter. Point is i quit, im the one that told dan i was done and walked out. Dan may have had something planned anyway, which is fine, but it really doesnt matter at this point. I did what i had to do, im still here and so is BG. Apparently there is still some bitterness over it.

It was just time for me to do my own thing, i would just leave it at that. No sense in drudging up old drama, unless you want to do it over a few irish car bombs

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Mike, About to go drinking right now....want to come

Big Baller
Siegel....you want some Irish Car Bombs

Vteckidd
last thing i will say is i wish Siegel luck.

I think the shop drama gets old (and im not even a shop)

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 10:04 PM
About to go drinking right now....want to come

where

Big Baller
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Somewhere over here in Smyrna, Zucca or Atkins Park probably

batlbrandon
10-14-2009, 10:09 PM
I know how it was with you and MSP when you were here. I know you are friends with them again now. I think it is peculiar how it got back to where it is now. I stated fact. was it low? probably only because it was coming from me and I generally keep it cool. You were let go/you quit because it was bad business for both of us. We survived and so have you. Like freaking cock roaches but still here. Car bombs no, Patron yes.

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 10:11 PM
call me ill meet you there

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 10:12 PM
I know how it was with you and MSP when you were here. I know you are friends with them again now. I think it is peculiar how it got back to where it is now. I stated fact. was it low? probably only because it was coming from me and I generally keep it cool. You were let go/you quit because it was bad business for both of us. We survived and so have you. Like freaking cock roaches but still here. Car bombs no, Patron yes.

ill agree with that.

Come to whereever baller and i are at ill buy you the first shot

siegelracing
10-14-2009, 10:17 PM
I'd be in for one Irish Car Bomb, I don't think I've had one since I was in Ireland and bartender said "A WHAT?" We told him what was in it and he said it must be an American car bomb. That was the night that Ashley beat me in a chugging contest ;)

I'm at CMP tonight and tomorrow, but maybe over the weekend...

Siegel

Vteckidd
10-14-2009, 10:20 PM
the Siegel drinks?!!! LOL

siegelracing
10-14-2009, 10:31 PM
The Siegel has one drink per hour ;)

Are the Car Bombs whiskey in a Guiness?

Siegel

NevrNufTorq
10-14-2009, 11:14 PM
scott, gl to you in your move:goodjob:

as for the rest of you, you're all better than this imho:yes:

JITB
10-14-2009, 11:43 PM
jesus tunes all my cars

Big Baller
10-15-2009, 02:30 AM
jesus tunes all my cars

I do not tune your cars

Big Baller
10-15-2009, 02:35 AM

Don't PM me this bullshit just speak your mind. No One at Batlground has ever said anyone but Bucky painted the valve cover. Dan is a lot more loyal to his sponsors than I am, I know Buckys sticker was on their for a while.

The people that Sponsored my car for One Lap of America stayed on the car for One Lap and that was it. If Bucky had a problem with it I would have thought he would have contacted them instead of having you spread bullshit on the forums. Did he ask you to post that or did you take it upon yourself?

TopSpeedInc
10-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Congrats to Scott on his move... however this doesn't change anything here at TopSpeed.

Were not closing.. or sinking or whatever.. we will continue to do business and stay open just with different employee's as we have done for the last 5 and half years.

Tracy
10-15-2009, 09:37 AM
The valve cover was painted for SEMA and sponsored for SEMA. All of the stickers were removed after that unless continued support was given. That was the deal. SEMA is a HUGE show and the car got TONS of coverage. $500 (or whatever he charges) is a good deal to be on a SEMA car. Get to know :) And if Bucky had a problem, I assume he may have called me to let me know, not have someone bring it up in a random thread years later. LOL. I'm going to assume this is just gossip until I hear from Bucky.

Next.

Brandon's point (and mine too) is ALL of you shop whores move around like no ones business. No loyalty, no stability, no determination, no hard work. None of y'all want to deal with the hard stuff that it takes to be involved with a performance shop. I mean, it takes more than one person to do a good, timely job on a car. Just like a car, a shop is a well oiled machine and combo of parts, or combo of people in this case. It's what makes it a bad ass build, or shop in this example. You buy ebay parts, sure, it may or may not work, but it's not proved and tested to stand the test of time and wear. It just seems like certain people want all the fame and glory, but don't want any of the rest, so they will mooch off of whoever will let them set up shop. Of course it's easy to go home early when you have nothing invested but your "reputation" and a cell phone bill. Don't have to worry about keeping the lights on, don't have to worry about the insurance, etc. Just your own demands and feet stomping matter. Tuning is the easy part, holding all the rest together isn't. At least Mike admits it.

All I hear is ME ME ME ME! Selfish. You never hear Dan and Brandon talk about I I I. You hear Batlground, because Batlground has always been and always will be Dan and Brandon (unless we sell out and move to Jamaica). There is a solid team and reputation. You always know what you are getting and who you will be dealing with. The worst people can say, apparently is we remove sponsor stickers and talk too much shit that makes us LOOK bad. I don't see that part stopping anytime soon.

Vteckidd
10-15-2009, 09:53 AM
i had a few drinks with brandon last night even though we didnt talk about this stuff.

Personally, whether it was right or wrong, and i really am not trying to start anything at all, it was just time for me to do it on my own. I didnt want to work for anyone else, i didnt want to do the hard work and go through the hard times, i didnt want to put in any effort working for someone else etc. I really had a heart to heart with myself, and working for someone else IN THAT INDUSTRY was just NOT for me anymore. Thats the honest truth.

Could things have been done differently? yes ill be the first to admit that, do i have any regrets, perhaps some, i could have left both shops on better terms, but that is the past its over an i cant change it. I also wont relive stuff that happened almost 2 years ago and more.

Im sure all parties involved are much happier doing what they are doing now, and we all know BG has always been Dan and Brandon and Tracy.

Mainstream will always be Charles and James.

topspeed will always be doug.

just kinda the way it goes.

Anyways, good luck to all, i have some carpets to go shampoo

EDIT: I get work done at Mainstream because they have ALWAYS been my shop. Even when i worked at NoPI and BG was down the street i still went to Mainstream. Thats nothing against Batlground at all and having worked there i would have no problems letting brandon or dan touch my car. But ive had a rep with mainstream since even before i worked there, im friends with Charles and james outside of their shop, its only natural they work on my cars. But i also get work done at Fastlane aka John Lamonts shop, and ive had stuff done by Zen and Killswitch to my Silvia/180sx. Its kinda what i do, i like spending money at friends shops because i think its good business. I would be happy to spend money at BG if i was welcome there. But thats another discussion for another day

I HAVE ZERO INTEREST IN THE WORKING ON CARS OR BEING INVOLVED AT A SHOP. IVE BEEN ASKED SEVERAL TIMES TO BE A SHOP GUY AGAIN AND I HAVE DECLINED ALL OFFERS. You couldnt pay me enough to go back to a shop. I just dont want to do it anymore.

skillzilla
10-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I stopped reading this thread after page 3, so if this got better, forgive me.

Having said that, Tracy youre doing a very good job of making Batlground look really, really bad, especially for someone that doesnt even work there. Being impartial to this whole situation, and really not caring what has happened in the past, I can say without bias that you and your attitude are definitely not giving me a warm fuzzy about BG, regardless of your affiliation. You worked there once, and are obviously liked in their circle, and that says a lot about them through association. Hope youre proud of yourself.

Maybe someone at BG will realize this and tell you to shut your big mouth, but I doubt it.

As far the topic at hand, good luck to all parties involved. Hopefully everyone finds a niche in this (apparently) cut-throat ATL market. If I need work Ill call around.

5speed
10-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I believe a Pontiac Solstice has the track record at TGPR, thats the last I heard from David Upchurch's right hand man Lawrence.

afwfjustin
10-15-2009, 03:28 PM
If I need work Ill call around.

all about the dee eye why

Tracy
10-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I stopped reading this thread after page 3, so if this got better, forgive me.

Having said that, Tracy youre doing a very good job of making Batlground look really, really bad, especially for someone that doesnt even work there. Being impartial to this whole situation, and really not caring what has happened in the past, I can say without bias that you and your attitude are definitely not giving me a warm fuzzy about BG, regardless of your affiliation. You worked there once, and are obviously liked in their circle, and that says a lot about them through association. Hope youre proud of yourself.

Maybe someone at BG will realize this and tell you to shut your big mouth, but I doubt it.

As far the topic at hand, good luck to all parties involved. Hopefully everyone finds a niche in this (apparently) cut-throat ATL market. If I need work Ill call around.

Thanks for your opinion and attempt at a lecture. LOL. I have a whole stack of PM's and emails from people thanking ME for having the guts to call it like I see it and giving me their horror stories related to the topic—even though they won't post themselves because no one wants to go against the grain. Either way, good or bad, I don't really care about what people think of my opinions, thoughts and essays. That's why I continually give them (ever notice that) and thank IA for giving me a place to do it.

skillzilla
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
You're welcome.

Big Baller
10-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I believe a Pontiac Solstice has the track record at TGPR, thats the last I heard from David Upchurch's right hand man Lawrence.

You heard wrong.

Tracy
10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
You heard wrong.o0o0o Do you hold the record? I am out of the loop.

JITB
10-15-2009, 04:01 PM
what does SOG stand for?

Vteckidd
10-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Subaru of Gwinette

SleepingTalon
10-15-2009, 04:03 PM
what does SOG stand for?

Sloppy, overweight, girls. Believe that.

JITB
10-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Sloppy, overweight, girls. Believe that.

oh ok now the story makes since...

BABY J
10-15-2009, 04:26 PM
oh ok now the story makes since...

"Since" when?

Big Baller
10-15-2009, 04:42 PM
o0o0o Do you hold the record? I am out of the loop.

No but I'm fairly certain I've been faster there than any solstice.

JITB
10-15-2009, 04:44 PM
"Since" when?

if u re read the thread, and u replace SOG with "sloppy overweight girls" you can understand everyones frustration. And it doesnt seem like blaberring and he say she say

BABY J
10-15-2009, 04:48 PM
JITB u missed my poke at your grammar. Disregard. Sense > Since

JITB
10-15-2009, 04:58 PM
JITB u missed my poke at your grammar. Disregard. Sense > Since

oh now it makes since...

Outphase
10-15-2009, 05:40 PM
I will still be going to TopSpeed to get my grub on, they fed me once at a Dyno Day, I ate a lot. I am overweight and obese and I love free food.

<3