PDA

View Full Version : Sports GT vs. VT

drpepper14
10-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Let's hear your thoughts on this game.

It will ultimately determine the fate of georgia tech in the ACC coastal division (as it did last year). If they can pull off a win, they hold what will probably be a necessary tie-breaker against VT. Not to mention a win over the #4 team in the nation right before the BCS rankings are released will be a huge catapult and possibly put tech in the #10-12 range depending on how other teams fare on saturday.

I think if tech's offense plays like it did against FSU, Nesbitt keeps up his passing efficiency, and the running game keeps it going, this will be a very good game.

Last year Tech lost by 3 due to some terrible penalties and a multitude of turnovers in Blacksburg. I believe that with this year's team being better overall and playing in Atlanta, coming off their first win in Doak, it should be a great game to say the least

Greddypacked
10-14-2009, 01:33 PM
LOL, i dont know if they will win... BUT... ESPN and alot of others vote VT as maybe one of the best teams in college this year. They are just dominating everyone now.

drpepper14
10-15-2009, 12:30 AM
dominating everyone?

The only game they dominated was the Miami game which was in Blacksburg, in the rain, which put Miami (a passing team) at a severe disadvantage against VT's running backs.

Otherwise, they beat nebraska by 1, duke by a whopping 8, and blew out an unimpressive BC team.

Dominating everyone? No. Playing very well? Yes.

Even if GT's defense doesn't turn it around this week, GT has shown that they can score quickly and often with their offense and some of the analysts are worried that VT won't be able to score fast enough. If GT gets a lead, they will do what they do and hold the ball for 60-75% of the game and take the ball out of Tyrod Taylor's hands.

1990wade
10-15-2009, 03:03 AM
I TAKE GT BECAUSE OF THE OPTION ATTACK THEY GOT GOING..... BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH THEY NEED A PASSIN GAME

Greddypacked
10-15-2009, 11:33 AM
dominating everyone?

The only game they dominated was the Miami game which was in Blacksburg, in the rain, which put Miami (a passing team) at a severe disadvantage against VT's running backs.

Otherwise, they beat nebraska by 1, duke by a whopping 8, and blew out an unimpressive BC team.

Dominating everyone? No. Playing very well? Yes.

Even if GT's defense doesn't turn it around this week, GT has shown that they can score quickly and often with their offense and some of the analysts are worried that VT won't be able to score fast enough. If GT gets a lead, they will do what they do and hold the ball for 60-75% of the game and take the ball out of Tyrod Taylor's hands.

LOL I hope GT wins, but the last few games VT has played they have dominated except the 1 pt win over Nebraska. Boston College and Miami are teams to brag about by winning that much. Boston College came into that game w/ a 1 loss and all win record just like VT did. Anyways if VT stops GT's running game (which a good defense can do) they will lose most likely. Still going for GT cuz i dont like VT worth sh!t, but I know this game will be up for grabs w/ any team. When you put down VT and GT on who they played and their records they are like even on the map I say.... BUT... you look at Boston College and they beat Florida State by more points than GT and held them for less points, and VT dominated Boston College. You look at Miami and they beat GT and VT dominated Miami so.... BTW Nebraska is a 25 ranked team and the only team GT played in the top 25 is Miami and they lost to them.

VT's schedule so far...
September 5 Alabama #5(Atlanta, GA) 24-34 0-1 (ACC 0- 0)
September 12 Marshall 52-10 1-1 (ACC 0-0)
September 19 Nebraska #19 16-15 2-1 (ACC 0-0)
September 26 Miami #9 * 31-7 3-1 (ACC 1-0)
October 3 at Duke * 34-26 4-1 (ACC 2-0)
October 10 Boston College * 48-14 5-1 (ACC 3-0)

GT's schedule
09/05/09 vs. Jacksonville State Bobby Dodd Stadium W, 37-17
09/10/09 vs. Clemson Bobby Dodd Stadium W, 30-27
09/17/09 at Miami Miami Gardens, Fla. L, 33-17
09/26/09 vs. North Carolina Bobby Dodd Stadium W, 24-7
10/03/09 at Mississippi State Starkville, Miss. W, 42-31
10/10/09 at Florida State Tallahassee, Fla. W, 49-44

bigb996
10-15-2009, 01:40 PM
as long as tech shows up to play they have an excellent shot at winning...if they play like they did against miami well might as well write this game off. Ive got my fingers crossed.

Deke
10-15-2009, 07:33 PM
BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH THEY NEED A PASSIN GAME

You obviously haven't been keeping up with them the past few weeks :)

LOL I hope GT wins, but the last few games VT has played they have dominated except the 1 pt win over Nebraska. Boston College and Miami are teams to brag about by winning that much. Boston College came into that game w/ a 1 loss and all win record just like VT did. Anyways if VT stops GT's running game (which a good defense can do) they will lose most likely. Still going for GT cuz i dont like VT worth sh!t, but I know this game will be up for grabs w/ any team. When you put down VT and GT on who they played and their records they are like even on the map I say.... BUT... you look at Boston College and they beat Florida State by more points than GT and held them for less points, and VT dominated Boston College. You look at Miami and they beat GT and VT dominated Miami so.... BTW Nebraska is a 25 ranked team and the only team GT played in the top 25 is Miami and they lost to them.

I definitely think thus far VT has a more complete game than GT, but you can't really do the common game comparisons.

Both the games you cited for VT were at home. Both the games GT played were away (as well as Fl St playing BC away). Miami had a chip on their shoulder and something to prove, and Florida St. was playing one of the most emotionally charged games in their recent history against GT. Not to mention the fact that it's no secret GT's secondary has been weak so far, and despite their record, Ponder is one of the best passers in the conference.

I'm not really trying to make excuses, just saying there are always intangibles when doing the whole "Team A beat Team B, Team B beat Team C, so Team A is better than Team C."

VT is definitely the team to beat right now in the ACC, so let's hope the jackets can pull one out. If the defense steps it up from last week, and Nesbitt keeps doing things hat would make Chuck Norris cry, it should be one hell of a game :cheers:

HypnoToad
10-15-2009, 08:22 PM
only thing that scares me bout VT they are fast defense like miami,and blitz happy.....which takes away from some of GTs option play.

but i hope GT can pull it off,this is a must win.

Greddypacked
10-15-2009, 09:47 PM
only thing that scares me bout VT they are fast defense like miami,and blitz happy.....which takes away from some of GTs option play.

but i hope GT can pull it off,this is a must win.

Ya exactly... and thats why Florida is number 1 w/ a better option play than most college teams. They can run, QB can run, and throw to any wide out. If you watch Florida games you will see their wide outs open more than any other college team. I saw this against LSU, im like how are they so open.... then I go well duh their option run w/ anyone lol, and good passing game keeps the defense confused. Now Tech dont have that option as much and if VT gets and reads the option run play from Tech they will need to throw. I say GT's Offense is to easy to read for a number 4 ranked nation team, but I hope not. Thats what will hurt them in this game though if VT picks up their run all game, if not GT can win.

A. Tuning
10-15-2009, 10:51 PM
IMMA RAMBLIN WRECK FROM GEORGIA TECH AND A HELLUVA ENGINEER!!!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Ramblinwreck.jpg/300px-Ramblinwreck.jpg

1990wade
10-16-2009, 12:30 AM
THEY NEED TO PUT THE WHITE BOY IN JAYBO SHAW LOL

drpepper14
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
there is no reason to put jaybo shaw in yet.

Once again wade you are pointing out that you haven't watched Josh Nesbitt over the past few weeks. He hasn't thrown much, but when he has they have been for long gains and touchdowns.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc

That's Taylor v. Nesbitt in terms of QB's.

Quick summary for nesbitt: #2 in the nation in passing efficiency on 3rd and 7+, so I until he starts falling apart, i'll take a QB that runs for 3 TD's and throws for 1 a game. Let's not forget he steals fumbles out of the other team's hands lol

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 04:15 PM
45 minutes to kick off. I hope it's a blowout for Tech, but I think it's going to be a good game. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 05:31 PM
First quarter is coming to a close and combined yardage hasn't even reached 50, lolol. GT has 2. Later, QD.

HypnoToad
10-17-2009, 07:51 PM
GT better not let them score,lol

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 07:54 PM
GT better not let them score,lol

They got this game in the bag now. Lolol. I'm happy as hail for this. Later, QD.

HypnoToad
10-17-2009, 07:56 PM
yea me too,

deff great coaching and great ball control.

few bad pitches by nesbitt,but knocking off #4 deff is great.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 07:59 PM
yea me too,

deff great coaching and great ball control.

few bad pitches by nesbitt,but knocking off #4 deff is great.

VT just scored. Luckily GT recovered the onside kick. With 2 minutes left, I hope GT just plays good ball control to run out the clock. The first quarter was horrible. GT had only 4 total yards, lolol. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Game over!

Later, QD.

drpepper14
10-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Awesome game!

Now it seems likely my 11-1 prediction for the season will come true...but can't get ahead of ourselves

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 08:04 PM
I think if tech's offense plays like it did against FSU, Nesbitt keeps up his passing efficiency, and the running game keeps it going, this will be a very good game.

Nesbitt had no passing efficiency, lolol. Luckily the running game cranked it up in that second half. Later, QD.

Greddypacked
10-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Damn what was the score lol. You guys didnt put the score just game over.... though it seems like GT won... hopefully.

bigdare23
10-17-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm loving this season! Finally we have control of our own destiny, unlike every year when we hope Virgina beats Virgina Tech at the end of the season.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Damn what was the score lol. You guys didnt put the score just game over.... though it seems like GT won... hopefully.

28-23, GT. Later, QD.

Blaze_Cunnings
10-17-2009, 09:32 PM
awesome game, its great to be a Jacket =)

Andr3w
10-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Was a great game indeed. Got to actually watch if from Bobby Dodd.