PDA

View Full Version : Guy/Girl Pay Poll

-EnVus-
10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok so me and my fiance was having a conversation today. I wanna see what my fellow IA members Opinion's are...
In a relationship or marriage Should the guy be the only one to pay ?
When its time to go out or to do something the guy is supposed to always pay
That's what she says and thinks is fair.

I say it should be mutual and not one sided for either that's my opinion !!

jhadleyh
10-13-2009, 08:17 PM
it's mutual for me and my Fiance

lanning
10-13-2009, 08:18 PM
it's mutual for me and my Fiance
thats weird justin, i never have to pay her :idb:

jhadleyh
10-13-2009, 08:19 PM
damn i dont know what im doing wrong then

imperception
10-13-2009, 08:20 PM
if you're up front about who's paying for what...then there you go.

HOWEVER, in my 16 years of experience in dating, if you're engaged...she prolly should know it's about time to give up the ghost on making YOU (him) pay for everything. It's like groceries and bills, if she pays half, she should pay for a night out on occasion. Not a bad idea eh mate?

lanning
10-13-2009, 08:21 PM
damn i dont know what im doing wrong then
lol it should be mutual tho, i dated this girl a few months ago that loved paying for everything... i miss her

-EnVus-
10-13-2009, 08:21 PM
if you're up front about who's paying for what...then there you go.

HOWEVER, in my 16 years of experience in dating, if you're engaged...she prolly should know it's about time to give up the ghost on making YOU (him) pay for everything. It's like groceries and bills, if she pays half, she should pay for a night out on occasion. Not a bad idea eh mate?
yeah i like the share nights out she pay then i pay

BobbyFresco
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
IMO:
Casual dating: Each party pays half.
Full fledged dating: Parties alternate payments.
Engaged: If you're engaged, chances are you're living together and finances are usually comingled at this point, so it doesn't matter who pays.

nreggie454
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Equal rights/social status = OK to pay.

Say that you can pay all the time if she acts exactly as an ideal 1950s woman.

BobbyFresco
10-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Equal rights/social status = OK to pay.

Say that you can pay all the time if she acts exactly as an ideal 1950s woman.

Word.
Women want to pick when and how they are equal.
That's horseshit.

BluesClues
10-13-2009, 08:28 PM
I am a female and I think it should go both ways. Sometimes you (guy) pay and sometimes she pays. I do that in my relationships. I think it's only fair even if you are engaged. When you get married and if you two combine finances into one account, then it doesn't matter.

FAM0U5
10-13-2009, 08:37 PM
guy pays then girl gives :idb: :ninja: or road head.... lol

EDIT: Im the only 1 to pick the last option.

Slomaro Z28
10-13-2009, 08:38 PM
I am married, our money is our money.....we don't kept track of how much of "my" money or "her" money is paying for something. If we can afford it WE buy/pay for it.

JennB
10-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Shared. We go back and forth with who pays for what. We don't share bank accounts but we live together and share expenses so it really doesn't matter. When we were just dating, same thing. He paid for our first date but I probably paid for the second just to be nice. I really like equality in relationships.

5speed
10-13-2009, 09:03 PM
My fiance and I also go back and forth. Though I would say that she pays alot more things like groceries. I'm the one who pays when we go out.

imperception
10-13-2009, 09:08 PM
I am a female and I think it should go both ways. Sometimes you (guy) pay and sometimes she pays. I do that in my relationships. I think it's only fair even if you are engaged. When you get married and if you two combine finances into one account, then it doesn't matter.

truly lady like

guy pays then girl gives :idb: :ninja: or road head.... lol

EDIT: Im the only 1 to pick the last option.

:lmfao:

I am married, our money is our money.....we don't kept track of how much of "my" money or "her" money is paying for something. If we can afford it WE buy/pay for it.

I think you are brave. Maybe I've just had dumb luck mate. I don't think that I would combine monies. A house account with eaches proper share is right for me. I guess each to their own. I am happy it works for you.

Kasper
10-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Pretty much with my girl and i its a trade off.. if she wants to do something and she knows i dont have the money she pays. but most of the time im payen just cause i feel thats how it should be.. but after 2 years of being together it doesnt really matter to us! usually if i work on her car or something she takes me out to dinner then some sexi on the beach! (and no i dont mean the drink!) but I like to randomly just take her out somewhere and just do things with her like mini golf and random events. just so we stay active and can go out and have fun.

BluesClues
10-13-2009, 11:38 PM
^^^ Awww aren't you sweet!

uproot
10-13-2009, 11:41 PM

I'm with you on that one :goodjob:

02SloWrx
10-13-2009, 11:44 PM
This is how it is in my 5 year now relationship. If we are going out to see a movie, I'll pay for the movie, and she would pay for dinner after the movie. We always look at w.e. we're doing to be equal. So noone can say I payed for this and that.

-EnVus-
10-14-2009, 12:17 AM
can someone make it where the voters are viewable i wanna see what guys/girls said it is the guys position lol

bdydrpdmazda
10-14-2009, 04:56 AM
thats weird justin, i never have to pay her :idb:
:lmfao:

bdydrpdmazda
10-14-2009, 04:59 AM
in my marriage my wife and i put our money in the same bank account so all our money goes together. of coarse your woman says that men should pay though, its so convenient.

Elbow
10-14-2009, 06:40 AM
We split it up. She wouldn't even let me pay for anything the first two months, she insisted on either paying it all, or paying for her. Luckily that changed some lol. We split the bills, food, etc. We haven't ever argued over who paid or is paying what.

ALVIN
10-14-2009, 07:03 AM
The guy should only pay when he is dating and not actually boyfriend/girlfriend. Granted I pay all the time, but I do believe it should be mutual. Give and Take ya know

S2KJD
10-14-2009, 08:35 AM
i always paid for my girlfriends while dating as it was always just a normal mind set for me to do that so never thought it should be shared; although, i do see the other side of it especially with how dating works now a days...

of course i always pay when my wife and i go out but its OUR money so its an oximoron anyhow lol!

Kevykev
10-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Mutual, LoL at guys that set themselves up for FAILURE by trying to be a "man!"

DieselNuts
10-14-2009, 10:31 PM
My GF and I pay mutually. It was funny the other day though. She paid for our lunch and there was an older couple waiting to be seated while she was paying. The lady covered her husband's eyes and said "don't look". He asked why not and she replied "She's paying". My GF said it was her turn to pay and we all had a laugh about it.

AnthonyF
10-15-2009, 09:28 AM
50/50 UNLESS it's the first few dates, then it's the male.

That's why I wont date a bitch with no job anymore. Fuck that.

-Ant.

NEMO
10-15-2009, 09:32 AM
i think when you are dating the guy should pay. but after you have been dating the same person for awhile it should go both ways

-EnVus-
10-15-2009, 06:04 PM
So mutual it is FTW

Greddypacked
10-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Mutual... the guy pays the most but the woman steps in on occassion and goes no honey this one's on me. Then I go that's fine... BUT.... Im going to be on you tonight lol.

EJdm
10-15-2009, 10:59 PM
i once knew a girl that would get mad at me if i paid...lol but dont miss her though... equal rights for me...i let me wife pay for everything though...

Maverick
10-16-2009, 01:38 PM
i thought the girls parents pay

SicStang03
10-16-2009, 06:05 PM
I usually pay for everything for the first few months. When it starts to get serious is when I start splitting it all. I make more money than my GF so I tend to pay more than she does but I'm not about to spend all my money when she makes good money too

EL42
10-16-2009, 06:07 PM
50/50 UNLESS it's the first few dates, then it's the male.

That's why I wont date a bitch with no job anymore. Fuck that.

-Ant.

:yes: so true, but if you don't have a job we can work something out. (run errands and stuff):lmfao:

PSINXS
10-18-2009, 11:52 AM
i had this one girl tell me she would never pay on a date. and i asked her to come hang out and she was like you payin? i said nope this is not a date. bish got mad lolol so i never hung out with her

wtf r these women thinking? if i wanna buy your time, ill get a hooker.

LordZed
10-18-2009, 12:22 PM
It sounds like a common belief. Dating the first few or at least the first date, the guy pays

Serious relationship, you take turns and keep it equal unless your just ballin' like that and can throw your chedder around care free

Married, it's often combined so it really doesnt matter....ah but there in lies the complications of responsiblilty. If you combine funds, or even still have seperate funds and are married, I believe you should both be involved in keeping up with the finances and communicate purchases with your mate. Otherwise your stupid Wife (or husband...but Im not a gay in California) spends money on shit and doesnt tell you... so bills get behind,checks bounce, crap starts to unravel and your marriage goes to the shitter. Just saying from experience! Keep yo mate in check! :D