PDA

View Full Version : Problems with transmission

BluesClues
10-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Ok, so lately I've noticed that when I go to put my car in first gear or reverse sometimes it doesn't want to go. I have to constantly take it out of gear and retry until it goes in. Sometime I have to force a little (first gear). I haven't heard any grinding noises or anything. I do know it's time for me to do a transmission flush. Is this why I am having this problem? Just wanted to know if I should consider anything else

Thanks in advance!

MikeDubs
10-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I have been having the same problem with my EK hatch. When you put it in reverse, does it sometimes feel like its in reverse position, but doesnt engage?

BluesClues
10-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I have been having the same problem with my EK hatch. When you put it in reverse, does it sometimes feel like its in reverse position, but doesnt engage?
Yep!

MikeDubs
10-13-2009, 06:28 PM
how many miles do you have on yours? mine has 120k

BluesClues
10-13-2009, 06:33 PM
how many miles do you have on yours? mine has 120k

ducky1177
10-13-2009, 08:19 PM
mine does the same thing.
i always go into 2nd then up to first.
it helps
:goodjob:

and i just got some syncromesh
im thinking and hope its just gear oil
:crazy:

.:Stirfry:.
10-13-2009, 10:03 PM
that happened in my old DA, once its in the gear slot i always slowly come off the clutch while pushin it in, then it just slips in every time..

civicturbo10
10-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Manuals wear over time. First and reverse is somewhat intertwined when you look at it with the cover off. Usually it's the syncros. Sometimes it's more items depending on how much items are worn out when you peek in there. I had the same problem. I just kept on driving on it for a long ass time. Not sure how more wear it causes over a long time but it didn't seem to get too bad when yrs go by. Would of eventually needed to be rebuilt but why rebuild it when it still works lol. But, then i broke it and put in my minty fresh spare i had laying around.....

Ok, so lately I've noticed that when I go to put my car in first gear or reverse sometimes it doesn't want to go. I have to constantly take it out of gear and retry until it goes in. Sometime I have to force a little (first gear). I haven't heard any grinding noises or anything. I do know it's time for me to do a transmission flush. Is this why I am having this problem? Just wanted to know if I should consider anything else

Thanks in advance!

BluesClues
10-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Manuals wear over time. First and reverse is somewhat intertwined when you look at it with the cover off. Usually it's the syncros. Sometimes it's more items depending on how much items are worn out when you peek in there. I had the same problem. I just kept on driving on it for a long ass time. Not sure how more wear it causes over a long time but it didn't seem to get too bad when yrs go by. Would of eventually needed to be rebuilt but why rebuild it when it still works lol. But, then i broke it and put in my minty fresh spare i had laying around.....
So what should I do then? check the synchros?

civicturbo10
10-13-2009, 10:55 PM
My setup has been on the road for yrs no probs with the same trans. If you plan fixing it then yes (meaning you have funds to afford it). If not, drive the hell out of it and change fluids on time. Prob drove on mine for 6 yrs i think. Autocrossing, road race, stop light races.... It it still works leave it alone. Just to give you and idea i needed $800 in parts to get all of my shit back to like new using honda parts. Both that was like 4 of my gears. Ummm no, I used my spare trans lol.

BluesClues
10-13-2009, 11:02 PM
^^^Well, damn

Vteckidd
10-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Change to a thicker fluid, and let the car warm up for a few minutes before you try to change gears.

Most likely the synchor/selector is worn, comes with age.

I wouldnt fix it because a D series tranny is like $100-150 used, it would cost you 2-3 times that to fix it maybe more

BluesClues
10-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Change to a thicker fluid, and let the car warm up for a few minutes before you try to change gears.

Most likely the synchor/selector is worn, comes with age.

I wouldnt fix it because a D series tranny is like $100-150 used, it would cost you 2-3 times that to fix it maybe more

Preciate it Mike!!!! :kiss:
I knew I could always count on you baby! lol

Vteckidd
10-13-2009, 11:19 PM
ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME

BluesClues
10-25-2009, 12:52 AM
ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME
Awww you know you my boo :kiss:

Vteckidd
10-25-2009, 02:42 AM
:idb:

FasTech
10-25-2009, 03:27 AM
My DD accord does this but its only reverse. I just go to 2nd and then put it in reverse.

SlamminCRX
10-26-2009, 12:42 AM
what vteckidd said.

02SloWrx
10-26-2009, 05:06 PM
My tranny has been doing this since i can remember. Shit, I just take it out and put it in gear whenever it happens.