PDA

View Full Version : Intake problem

Sunkenkarma
10-13-2009, 03:09 PM
So I just put an Spectre intake cone on my Rx7. I came home, took off all the old stock stuff and put the cone onto the pipe from the engine. Went to go start it up and it stall, So I think It has something to do with the MAF being off and the Vac hose that connects to it? So I go to Advance auto parts and ask if the have ay sort of adapter that can come off of the MAF to the Cone, seeing as it only has 4 bolts on one side and no circular shape to put the cone on, but they said they didnt have anything like that, so Im disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and hoping the ECU resets, Anyone have ideas on what this could be?

Barefoot
10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
if the maf aint in the air stream thats the problem.

Sunkenkarma
10-13-2009, 06:16 PM
What can I do to fix it? Is there a part I can put on the other side of the MAF so I can hook up the Intake?

civicturbo10
10-13-2009, 11:07 PM
post a pic, so we can see what you got to work with....

jojeezek
10-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Look on ebay for a MAF adapter. You def have MAF issues. Thats what i dont like about Mazdas and love about Hondas...

Schroeder
10-15-2009, 08:05 PM
So I just put an Spectre intake cone on my Rx7. I came home, took off all the old stock stuff and put the cone onto the pipe from the engine. Went to go start it up and it stall, So I think It has something to do with the MAF being off and the Vac hose that connects to it? So I go to Advance auto parts and ask if the have ay sort of adapter that can come off of the MAF to the Cone, seeing as it only has 4 bolts on one side and no circular shape to put the cone on, but they said they didnt have anything like that, so Im disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and hoping the ECU resets, Anyone have ideas on what this could be?

So you pulled the MAF out of the car and bolted the cleaner right to the intake?

Schroeder
10-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Oh and get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BPZ4X2/ref=asc_df_B000BPZ4X2937510?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=googlecom09c9-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B000BPZ4X2

hondaxpurt
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
wow really? those sensor are there for a reason...to measure how much air come into the intake which in turn tells the computer how much fuel to inject. no air flow sensor, how is the computer supposed to know how much air is coming into the motor? the MAF does basically the same thing as a MAP sensor does in a honda...

CaTcH22
10-15-2009, 09:40 PM
So you pulled the MAF out of the car and bolted the cleaner right to the intake?
OH so fail.....